Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I think cyborg is the only minifig who doesn’t have a matching movie representation out, a lot of the justice league figures are matched up with the easily available dimensions figures, Aquaman, Wonderwoman etc..

10 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I also think it is weird, they kinda spoiled us with reveals one month before official release in stores. When does whitefang actually write his reviews, also one month before? Can't wait, been so unpatient lately and keep checking this thread more than usuall. 

They revealed series 1 of TLBM CMF on the 14th November, this is very strange behaviour indeed...

Could there be some kind of delay or something? Like series 2 being pushed back to a February release? It would be a strange occurrence but it might explain the late reveal.

I think it is probably because of the bootleg brands. If the pics leak beforehand the bootleggers will make some of those figs before lego will (they aready did with some of them btw)

Phosphorus is easily the one I'm most interested in.  The Wonder Twins look great.  I am a fan of Jor-El and Zod.  I like the Apache Chief a lot.  And it looks like that's a new mermaid tail piece for Batman that lets him stand up.

All around, it's a good looking series.

Interesting that Joker's rubber duck is actually green. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

do both Apache Chief and Zayna come with records for the Justice League party?

No Apache Chief has photo booth photos.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

And it looks like that's a new mermaid tail piece for Batman that lets him stand up.

Actually, this is the original mermaid tail mold. The shorter, curved-tail mold was introduced with the Pirates of the Caribbean sets to be more realistic. Here, it makes Bats look like he's wearing a costume, so they brought it back.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-84676

Interesting, I initially presumed that Jor El simply shared the Calculator's white armor piece, but after this close up, it looks like he is wearing a white and grey dual molded/printed version of the part. 

Hopefully he has some nice torso prints, because the armor piece is starting to look too clunky to me.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Interesting, I initially presumed that Jor El simply shared the Calculator's white armor piece, but after this close up, it looks like he is wearing a white and grey dual molded/printed version of the part. 

Hopefully he has some nice torso prints, because the armor piece is starting to look too clunky to me.

It appears to be pearl silver

Lego’s posted individual pics up on Facebook, some nice things I noticed are

• Zod’s newspaper reads: Kneel before Zod in polls. Candidate Kneel wins on platform “Will not enslave humanity”
  • Robin’s finally got centred eyes!
  • Apache Chief’s pictures feature Gleek- That’s just cruel...
  • Soccer Mom Batgirl has a picture of Adam West’s Batman on her hoodie
  • FaF Alfred’s coattails have a nice sparkly pattern on them

Zods new paper is Gotham gazette... and says kneel before Zoe...in polls. It takes about how a candidate kneel beats Zod in a election based on the platform won’t enslave humanity. Also i don’t know if this was said before but the stands include a bat symbol 

Edited by Falconfan1414

33 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It appears to be pearl silver

Oh, now I see. *oh2*

Well that's just awesome! I certainly hope to see that armor piece in more metallic recolors in the future. :thumbup:

Also, I'm really digging that crystalline pattern on Jor El's robe.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Zods new paper is Gotham gazette... and says kneel before Zoe...in polls. Also i don’t know if this was said before but the stands include a bat symbol 

Hmm, I presumed he would have a Daily Planet newspaper tile instead. Oh well, a Gotham Gazette one is nice to have either way. :shrug_oh_well:

I wasn't sold on Zod before, but the headline, arm printing, and double-sided head all sold me. I really like about 12 of the figures, significantly more then most of the previous series. 

Looks like my joke about Gleek being in the photos ended up being true.

Edited by Megaflora

I'm not into Batman at all, but I like Black Canary and Harley Queen :) I suppose I'll try to find both!

And Surf Batman only for the Dolphin!

10 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

I wasn't sold on Zod before, but the headline, arm printing, and double-sided head all sold me.

Hey, I didn't even notice the arm printing initially! He sort has Man of Steel-like cuffs printed on them. I suppose you could pluck his arms and transplant them on a MoS Zod figure.

The ones i wanted from the start still stand. I’ll try to hunt down the wonder twins, apache, vulcan, killer moth, black canary and clock king. Zod and Papa superman are still possibilities. 

With Gleek being in the photo tile and the missing justice league members make me think we’ll get another wave/set/something after this one. Funny. 

Jor El's newly recolored armor piece would pair quite nicely with the helmet and visor parts donned by the miners in the Power Miner theme's second year (as pictured below).

4569353.jpg 4569374.jpg

Vacation Joker is so close to wearing the Killing Joke outfit... I gotta go see if I can get a Vacation Batman now, because the two would make for a hilariously low-key chase scene on a tropical beach. I'm also going to get all of the new baddies, and Soccer Mom Batgirl is fantastic, so I can't resist her.