Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Hmm, the movie still on the back of the Justice League Anniversary Party is cropped so that everyone to the the left of Flash/El Dorado/Hawkgirl and everyone to the right of Martian Manhunter can't be seen.  Including Samurai and Classic Cyborg. :sceptic:  That might not mean anything, but it still makes me feel a bit uneasy.  At least Gleek seems to be present, though that might not mean anything either.

bFmKuAX.png

Built killer croc's tail gator, once you mod out the weird suspension its awesome. Probably my favorite vehicle from the Lego Batman movie. So many fun details.  Although its max worth $40, the original $70 was insane. Glad I got it for $33 on cyber monday.  Shame those two things made this set underlooked. The design of the truck itself is fantastic. Love all the little details and the 8 ball stick shift. Its so wacky. 

Edited by chezzymann

So now, i'm wanting The Harley Quinn's Cannonball Attack, Egghead's Food Fight, The Bat-Dune Buggy and from the CMF:

FaF Alfred, FaF Harley, Killer Moth, Clock King, Hugo Strange, Phosphorus, Soccer Mom Batgirl, all Vacation variations.

Plus still all the eight villains i don't have from the first CMF, The Scuttler, Killer Croc's Tail Gator, Penguin's Arctic Roller aaand.... much more, i guess.

Sad that i won't be able to afford it. 

On 11/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m so excited for this CMF series! I love almost all of the figures. I wasn’t planning on getting Apache Chief or Hugo Strange, but now I might just go ahead and collect the entire series, which is something I’ve only done once before. I want the Joker Manor, but between the unknown Marvel D2C and rumors of a €485 Hogwarts, looks like I’m going to have to wait. I’m really happy that they actually made some of the FAF figures, since they really increase the appeal of the manor. 

I’m sorry, but where are these rumors about a super expensive Hogwarts? Please share them in the HP2018 thread.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

I’m sorry, but where are these rumors about a super expensive Hogwarts? Please share them in the HP2018 thread.

Well that's probably where he heard the rumors in the first place.

Anyway back on topic. Now that I've seen official images of the new tlbm wave I'm even more excited. The Harley truck looks amazing, it reminds me a lot of her vehicle in the old batman theme. I've also started to like the Bat shuttle, which I first didn't plan on getting, my wallet isn't too happy with the new plan :grin:

It's odd that they gave Jor-El a beard, because I don't remember the hologram having one in the movie. And he's based off the Marlon Brando version who didn't have a beard either

Edited by Xzmmc

Just now, Xzmmc said:

It's odd that they gave Jor-El a beard, because I don't remember the hologram having one in the movie. And he's based off the Marlon Brando version who didn't have a beard either

I thought so as well. Then I when back and rewatched the scene. It is there, it's just hard to see BECAUSE he's a hologram. Brando doesn't have one, and I wasn't expecting one, so my brain erased it every time I watched the movie. But it's there. And it's odd.

It’s no doubt so they don’t have to pay the Brando estate. Or because Brando’s contract didn’t cover licensed toy merch. 

2 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I thought so as well. Then I when back and rewatched the scene. It is there, it's just hard to see BECAUSE he's a hologram. Brando doesn't have one, and I wasn't expecting one, so my brain erased it every time I watched the movie. But it's there. And it's odd.

That's funny, because when I rewatched it for this reason, I convinced myself that it WASN'T there! But now I checked again, and it's definitely there. Really hard to notice if you aren't looking for it. Someone mentioned that the beard could be a mini homage to Russel Crowe's depiction of the character, as the rest is based on Brando/Donner.

14 hours ago, KevinMD said:

The rumors of a set at €485 for the theme are all over that thread. 

Seeing the Bat Space Shuttle connect to the Batcave has made it my number one purchase, and I’ll just slowly collect the smaller sets. 

Given that the shuttle connects to the right hand side of the Batcave, what are the chances of a further set to attach to the left hand side??? 

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Given that the shuttle connects to the right hand side of the Batcave, what are the chances of a further set to attach to the left hand side??? 

Very slim seeing as this will probably be the last wave.

32 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Very slim seeing as this will probably be the last wave.

Come on 4th wave.

One can dream!!!

A third wave was only added to tie up all the loose ends (Boomerang, Crazy Quilt, Gentleman Ghost, Nightwing, Alfred/Batman 66, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, El Dorado, Wonder Dog, Egghead, Condiment King and most of the CMF). Most of the builds we had weren't really too essential, so a fourth wave would only be pushing it too far. Aside from Gleek and Samurai there really isn't that much material, build or minifigure wise that would appeal another wave

Weird how we've gotten HD pictures for the regular 2018 DC wave, Mighty Micros, and the sets from this wave, but still no HD pictures/reveal for the Series 2 CMF's from Lego on their Facebook like they usually do, and these could start showing up in the next few weeks like the first Series did.

I personally feel that there's enough loose ends left to justify a fourth wave.  Not a large wave, but a wave with about three small-to-medium sized sets like the final wave of TLM.  It will seriously bug me if the Justice League Party lineup isn't finished at least, considering it's now only two minifigures and a monkey away from being completed.

Have we gotten those versions of Wonder woman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern with those face prints? A fourth wave seems reasonable for lego to do, give us Gleek, another bat vehicle or two, more batsuit's, maybe something that can attach to the batcave, new activity book and polybags with exclusive batsuits and even one more bricktober with TLBM figures. 

13 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Have we gotten those versions of Wonder woman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern with those face prints?

They are exactly how they are in previous sets, same with Hawkman and Martian Manhunter

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I personally feel that there's enough loose ends left to justify a fourth wave.  Not a large wave, but a wave with about three small-to-medium sized sets like the final wave of TLM.  It will seriously bug me if the Justice League Party lineup isn't finished at least, considering it's now only two minifigures and a monkey away from being completed.

Agreed, at least another 3 waves. 2 more bat vehicles, bat-cave extension (another section would make for a awesome display) , still plenty of Batman variants to do, and hell maybe a Gotham City Head HQ section.

One can only dream!

There's plenty of loose ends:

Bat-Galleon, Bat-Chopper, Bat-Train, Bat-Zepplin, Batman Betond, Bat by Gaslight, Bat-Semi, Bat-Submarine etc..

:cry_sad:

10 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Weird how we've gotten HD pictures for the regular 2018 DC wave, Mighty Micros, and the sets from this wave, but still no HD pictures/reveal for the Series 2 CMF's from Lego on their Facebook like they usually do, and these could start showing up in the next few weeks like the first Series did.

I also think it is weird, they kinda spoiled us with reveals one month before official release in stores. When does whitefang actually write his reviews, also one month before? Can't wait, been so unpatient lately and keep checking this thread more than usuall.