Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

So i don't know how this happened but i got a kiss kiss tuxedo figure keychain from eb games in canada, do we know when it was a promotion there?

With a purchase?    Or could you simply buy it?

10 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

So i don't know how this happened but i got a kiss kiss tuxedo figure keychain from eb games in canada, do we know when it was a promotion there?

Could be for a Black Friday promo.

I really like the new sets. The Harley set is my favorite, just for its figure selection, but I like the Egghead Mech, too. The party is definitely a bit disappointing, but I understand it's meant to really come together when you bring in the CMFs.

Just now, 8BrickMario said:

I really like the new sets. The Harley set is my favorite, just for its figure selection, but I like the Egghead Mech, too. The party is definitely a bit disappointing, but I understand it's meant to really come together when you bring in the CMFs.

And all the other dc people. Burn baby burn dc inferno! 

2 hours ago, latenightguy said:

Based on a source, these are the prices:

70918 ($19.99)

70919 ($29.99)

70920 ($29.99)

70921 ($49.99)

70923 ($79.99)

Thank you! The Dune Buggy and Party set are overpriced, they should be $15 and $20 imo. The Space Shuttle has a really good price though! 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thank you! The Dune Buggy and Party set are overpriced, they should be $15 and $20 imo. The Space Shuttle has a really good price though! 

I agree with this statement.  The Dune Buggy and Party sets seem a bit small for those prices.  The Party I could have seen being 25$ due to the selection of minifigures, but I was hoping for another 15$ set for the series so the Dune Buggy being $20 for that size and selection of minifigures is a bit disappointing.  The Egghead Mech and Harley Quinn truck prices are about what I expected.  Definitely glad the Bat-Space Shuttle isn't $100+, at least!  

I wonder what the piece counts for the sets are.  I'll likely end up buying them all anyways, so...:tongue:

Edited by spiderfan2000

On 11/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, legosamsonite said:

Lego recently unloaded a lot of them for various promotions in the US and Canada. They've been available for Purchase at Target since the beginning of November. 

22 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Shame the Robin in the shuttle set seems to be the same from the CMF series, can’t remrmber the last time a CMF figure appeared in a normal set.

I don't know...  I think it will be an Arkham suit Joker situation, where the only change is another already existing head. On the other hand, Maggie from the Simpsons was the exact same figure in the Simpsons house set and in the cmf ...

Edited by Mat099

23 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Shame the Robin in the shuttle set seems to be the same from the CMF series, can’t remrmber the last time a CMF figure appeared in a normal set.

The CMF S8 Santa

But you're right: I don't get the point of releasing 2 waves of CMFs and so many sets if they are going to re-release minifigures with slightly different face print

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

if they are going to re-release minifigures with slightly different face print

I really hope we don't end up with like 'Batman Head Type 5' and 'Batman Head Type 6' with this round. 4 is more than enough!

On 23. 11. 2017 at 12:54 AM, DrasticPlastic said:

It's not the same, he is without the Shark Repelent.

And The Simpsons Homer and Krusty were repeated in LEGO Dimensions.

On 23.11.2017 at 6:26 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder what the piece counts for the sets are.  I'll likely end up buying them all anyways, so...:tongue:

70918 - 198;

70919 - 267;

70920 - 293;

70921 - 425;

70923 - 643.

According to this TLBM-2 CMFs will have display plates with Batman logo instead of usual black ones.

Edited by dimaks13

14 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

70918 - 198;

70919 - 267;

70920 - 293;

70921 - 425;

70923 - 643.

Huh, the Dune Buggy has more parts than I was expecting.  $20 actually isn't too bad if it has 198 pieces.  The Party set isn't too bad, considering the minifigure selection.  The Harley Quinn truck probably could've used a $40-45 price tag instead of $50.  The Egghead Mech and Space Shuttle both seem to have great piece counts for the price (considering some of the more costly parts included in the Space Shuttle).

23 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

According to this TLBM-2 CMFs will have display plates with Batman logo instead of usual black ones.

That's...very interesting actually.  Those could be useful to have.

15 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

WHAT?! Oh man, I kinda hope not, 'cuz if so, I'm going to want a LOT of them. But how odd to start that for the second of two waves. Very odd.

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

WHAT?! Oh man, I kinda hope not, 'cuz if so, I'm going to want a LOT of them. But how odd to start that for the second of two waves. Very odd.

Because now you'll have to buy 40 minifigures from series 2 so you can give the batman themed baseplates to the s1 minifigures

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Because now you'll have to buy 40 minifigures from series 2 so you can give the batman themed baseplates to the s1 minifigures

I think @rob-ot5000 thinks about getting a baseplate for all Batmans he owns ;)

Edited by julesvincent

Just now, parsom said:

Everything is awesome, but where is Mad Hatter?

Not in the movie so there will not be a fig of him in the Lego Batman Movie line. Hopefully we will get ol' Jervis one day in the regular wave.

Here are my thoughts on the new wave of sets. The Buggy is better then the 2016 one, and Captain Boomerang is also an improvement. But the price is terrible. $20 is just not worth it, had another minifigure been included I would think differently. I would rather pick up the Ra's Al Ghul set, as that has better minifigures and the side build is great. The Justice League Anniversary Party is a neat little set but it's just not my type of thing. The build is sweet looking but I feel is boring and does not have a lot going on. The minifigures are incredible though. The Eggheads Mech is great, 2 of the best minifigures from this wave and a really cool build. I love how it looks like it belongs to Egghead and not just a boring mech like the one in the new Lex Luthor set. My favorite set is the Harley Quinn Cananball Attack. An amazing new update for Harley Quinn, and we get the fantastic looking Crazy Quilt, and my personal favorite from the set Gentleman Ghost. The truck build is actually really nice and the cannon is amazing! I have been very pleased with TLBM's vehicle builds, they are not the normal boring builds but are instead fun and unique to the character who is opperating them. The side buildings are also nice, though I am a sucker for those things. The Bat-Shuttle has the worst minifigures from this wave, but the great price and build makes up for it. The shuttle and I dig the the little side builds in the set. My favorites are the Eggman and Harley Quinn set. They are the only ones I might get. Overall a better wave then the last one. But to be honest I am really sick of Lego Batman. The Marvel sets went down in quality and I'm afraid it might have been because of this theme. It has had an incredible run but I think it can end now.