Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, LEGOFANBLUE said:

I think a good idea could have been a LEGO Batman advent calendar. They could have put in a couple of batsuits as well as the vacation variants because they pretty much have to put in the main figures. Then the remaining spots in the minifigure series could have been filled with samurai, cyborg and some more batsuits. The builds would have been just smaller versions of the vehicles from the waves like the lowrider and such. Then day 24 would be Santa batman. It’s a missed opportunity in my opinion 

That does seem like it would have been a great way to get more minifigures and some fun mini-builds.  It could have had such potential. :sceptic:

Glad to see proper images rather than the prelims. Made sort of bittersweet by the lack of Samurai, Gleek, vintage Cyborg, and some of the more publicised suits. However, Ghost, Quilt, Egghead, Condiment King, even Boomer Snr. are all welcome to the fold. Compliments the CMF line well, too.

At this point I'm thinking there might be a summer wave next year

I mean, they release Batman sets every 6 months anyway, so why not just reuse these character desings?

They can produce sets no based on any scene of the movie, but with the movie desings and background. Like Penguin atacking the Batcave in wave 1 or Cannonball Harley in wave 3

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I mean, they release Batman sets every 6 months anyway, so why not just reuse these character desings?

They can produce sets no based on any scene of the movie, but with the movie desings and background. Like Penguin atacking the Batcave in wave 1 or Cannonball Harley in wave 3

I get the feeling that we're done until the inevitable sequel. No hard info, but....I don't see it happening.

Actually liking the sets that I thought I wouldn’t. I really like Harley’s truck, and it looks like a suitable replacement for the 2008 hammer truck. The Bat-Buggy is also so much better than the terrible 2016 version. The egg mech is cool and can easily work as mech in general if you leave out the stickers.

justice League party is great for the figs, and the build is fun. Not liking the shuttle set though.

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The cannonball Harley set is a weird one, as that scene never happened. Maybe it was originally in the film and was replaced later, but the sets were already on production so they couldn't change them 

IIRC the early wave 2 leaks/rumours based on prelimary photos had the Harley truck included in the Batwing set.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

New box art, more bat costumes and vehicles not released, villain variants, back ground scenes GCPD, Arkham extenstion, Bat cave ext, endless options!! 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

41 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

New box art, more bat costumes and vehicles not released, villain variants, back ground scenes GCPD, Arkham extenstion, Bat cave ext, endless options!! 

Yeah, the new box art combined with the so-close-to-being-complete Justice League party lineup and the number of interesting vehicles and character variants that haven't been made yet are leaving me unconvinced that this is the end.  A fourth wave similar in size to The Lego Movie's final wave would be a great way to fill these remaining gaps, and would have great potential.  It would be a nice way to bring closure to the TLBM line before The Lego Movie Sequel comes out in 2019.  But I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I love the new sets! I want all of them but I’m gonna have to skip some to save for the Infinity War ones. Have prices been confirmed? I don’t remember the last rumors, but they look like $15, $20, $30, $50, and $100. 

Toys R Us UK had an early Black Friday today. Picked up Ultimate Batmobile and Arkham for less than £150 for the two. I don’t often splash the cash but I had a bit of extra so figured what the hell

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love the new sets! I want all of them but I’m gonna have to skip some to save for the Infinity War ones. Have prices been confirmed? I don’t remember the last rumors, but they look like $15, $20, $30, $50, and $100. 

Those are the US prices, I'm not sure if any others have been confirmed.

17 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Where is the box art? are they the final versions or prelim?

Edited by jake0324demo

Just now, jake0324demo said:

Where is the box art? are they the final versions or prelim?

The new box art could be seen in the preliminary images, and was used on the box for the Joker Manor set (with graffiti added over it)

sigh...this final wave of TLBM has seen some ‘downgrades’. The first few waves had minifigs that matched the on screen versions but here we’ve lost a lot of the printing (green arrows arms, crazy quilts pretty much everywhere else). Real shame, I think the CMF wave will be the same (Zod’s missing arm printing for instance)

Atleast the leg printing and dual molded legs is still there, Marvel figs don’t even get that...

Edited by DrasticPlastic

1 hour ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Those are the US prices, I'm not sure if any others have been confirmed.

Just look on bricklink at what other Batman sets had the same prices and. E.g. Joker’s balloon escape is $15 USD but it’s $22 AUD in shops. 

26 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

sigh...this final wave of TLBM has seen some ‘downgrades’. The first few waves had minifigs that matched the on screen versions but here we’ve lost a lot of the printing (green arrows arms, crazy quilts pretty much everywhere else). Real shame, I think the CMF wave will be the same (Zod’s missing arm printing for instance)

Atleast the leg printing and dual molded legs is still there, Marvel figs don’t even get that...

Are you sure his arms aren't printed? The white doesn't look like it could just be a reflection when it is on both sides in exactly the same spot.

Is it just wishful thinking, or are the Wonder Twins heads done in 'flesh' rather then 'light flesh'? The former is really uncommon and I'd like to see it show up more. 

Looks like another great wave. Not sure why the Bat-Space Shuttle needs to exist, had no significance in the movie. I guess Lego just wants to appeal to the market who wants another Space Shuttle set. 

33 minutes ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Not sure why the Bat-Space Shuttle needs to exist, had no significance in the movie. I guess Lego just wants to appeal to the market who wants another Space Shuttle set. 

I sort of wish we instead got something more like a "Bat" take on Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! That just would have been sweet. :grin:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Toys R Us UK had an early Black Friday today. Picked up Ultimate Batmobile and Arkham for less than £150 for the two. I don’t often splash the cash but I had a bit of extra so figured what the hell

That Arkham Asylum was a good price. In-store only sales suck as my nearest TRU is about 35 miles away.

I have just realised the platform at the front of the justice league party set is  designed to have black canary's microphone stand attached to it! :thumbup:

Edited by Nsk97

Sorry that this is a little off topic, but does anyone know of any images of Clayface in his Arkham Jumpsuit? He wears one in the movie, but I can't find any decent screengrabs.