Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

These are the Batsuits that have currently been (or soon will be) released:

In Wave 1: Current, Bat-Pack, Scu-Bat, Raging Bat

In Wave 3: Friends are Family Suit, Nightwing Suit, 1966 Suit, Reggae Man, Fire Starter, Space Bat

In CMF 1: Lobster Lovin' Batman, Glam Bat, Fairy Suit, Cave Bat, Vacation Batman

In CMF 2: Merbat, Lifeguard Batman

In polybags/books: Tartan, Tiger Tuxedo, Disco, Tears of a Bat, Kiss Kiss Tuxedo (as a keychain)

In Lego Dimensions: Excalibur

In Bricktober 2017 set: Dollar Bill Tuxedo, Easter Bat, Wizbat, Baturion

In previous DC Super Heroes sets: Classic, Pirate, Desert Bat, Comic-Con Exclusive, Arctic/White Bat, Electric Bat, New 52

That should leave:

El Murcielago, Batriot, St. Batricks, Krampus/Santa Bat, Bat-Hurst 1000, SWAT Bat, Arctic (with skis), Prom Date, Gotham by Gaslight, Batman Beyond, Night Terror, Death Merchant, Clawed Reign, Winged Avenger, Winged Armageddon, and Silent but Deadly.

Plus more tuxedos than I could count.

So that's 34 out of at least 50 suits, which isn't bad, actually.  Prom Date, Winged Avenger, Winged Armageddon, and Death Merchant can also be replicated (or extremely close to it) out of preexisting parts, and Krampus/Santa, SWAT, Night Terror, and Silent but Deadly can be somewhat approximated, though official releases would be very welcome.

We have official pictures of all the sets!!! The egg head Mech comes with printed egg disks. 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

We have official pictures of all the sets!!! The egg head Mech comes with printed egg disks. 

A where is it? 

1 hour ago, ZoKpooL said:

A where is it? 

It's on Reddit too.

Really love how the Bat Space Shuttle turned out. It looks like the left side is designed to nestle perfectly next to the suit changer in the Batcave set.

Welp, looks like I'm giving Hawkgirl a Wolverine cowl, and no Gleek. Im still disappointed with Condiment King's guns, ah well. The JL party set still looks nice and at first I was going to buy Captain Boomerang separately but I think that buggy looks so great (even better without stud shooters i bet) that it will be the first time i get a set for its Batvehicle since 2008.

Wow! The sets look even better now that they can be seen more clearly.  The stand-outs for me are the Bat-Space Shuttle, which is a great add-on to the Batcave set with a great selection of vehicles and Batsuits, as well as the Egghead Mech, which is a great looking build with equally great villains included.  Still a little disappointed about the Condiment King's stud shooters, but he actually looks pretty nice fully armed despite that. 

The other sets also all have their strong points.  The Bat-Dune Buggy looks like a neat addition to the other vehicles and has Captain Boomerang, the Justice League Party doesn't seem to have as impressive of a build as the other sets in the wave, but has great minifigures (and are those Bat-Records on the DJ table? :laugh:) The Harley Quinn Cannon Truck would look great next to the Joker's Notorious Lowrider and the small buildings would go well with the one included in the Catwoman Catcycle Chase set.  Crazy Quilt looks great, Gentleman Ghost even moreso.  Ghost is film accurate and has a white Penguin hat, and not the one with hair shown in the preliminary pictures (don't know what that was about).  Cannonball Harley feels a bit unneeded considering it wasn't in the movie as far as I can tell, but it still looks nice.  The Phantom Zone Projector is also a neat bonus.

Though I'm still hoping for one more wave next summer to tie up the remaining loose ends, if this turns out to be the end of the TLBM theme, it would be going out with a bang.

Arctic Batman was a figure I was really expecting to be in CMF wave 2. Mostly because there's been skiers in some of the previous CMF series.

22 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Wow! That looks amazing! Do you have instructions for it?

Thanks. I'm not finished with it yet, but when it's done I do plan on posting some kind of instructions.

Edited by Merch

3 years ago.. who would have ever thought that we'll get a Bat-Spaceshuttle & a bat Kanu? :grin:
The builds are all great & at the very least great part packs!
- black space shuttle parts anyone? Could be modified into soo much!
- The set could also be modified into a Bat-nuclear bomb! Or the build could serve as a plattform for Gundams/Mechs
Also I freaking adore the DJ doggie :grin:

14 minutes ago, Merch said:

Arctic Batman was a figure I was really expecting to be in CMF wave 2. Mostly because there's been skiers in some of the previous CMF series.

Thanks. I'm not finished with it yet, but when it's done I do plan on posting some kind of instructions.

I'm surprised with no Arctic Batman in CMF 2 myself.  Here's hoping that there's a polybag or Batman Bricktober pack next year to fill that gap in the collection.  As for the instructions, I'll be looking forward to that :classic:

9 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

3 years ago.. who would have ever thought that we'll get a Bat-Spaceshuttle & a bat Kanu? :grin:

Not me, but I'm so glad now that such a set will be reality.

10 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

- The set could also be modified into a Bat-nuclear bomb!

:laugh:

I am soooo going to buy that Eggmech and Justice League party!! Probably that dune buggy as well. Great captain boomerang and nice buggy. 

The batshuttle is also superb, but i don’t need it. Great set though. Really sleek shuttle. 

I think a good idea could have been a LEGO Batman advent calendar. They could have put in a couple of batsuits as well as the vacation variants because they pretty much have to put in the main figures. Then the remaining spots in the minifigure series could have been filled with samurai, cyborg and some more batsuits. The builds would have been just smaller versions of the vehicles from the waves like the lowrider and such. Then day 24 would be Santa batman. It’s a missed opportunity in my opinion 

The Egghead Mech looks cool. 

The cannonball Harley set is a weird one, as that scene never happened. Maybe it was originally in the film and was replaced later, but the sets were already on production so they couldn't change them 

I think the space shuttle set is designed to connect to the batcave which will be cool, although tricky for display because it will form an incomplete circle. Also why is Catwoman awkwardly thrown into the set? Seems very out of place... 

I like the figures of Justice league party but the actual send feels a little bit like a ‘Friends’ set. It’s fine and all but just doesn’t fit in well with the Batman line but hopefully will appeal to a different audience. Maybe if they put Wonder Woman in the set aswell I think younger girls would really like it.

The cannonball truck is ok. Nothing too special but I really like Gentleman ghost. Crazy quilt is pretty good, I like Harley better in these pictures than in the book. Batgirl is same old. 

The buggy is actually pretty cool and I like the captain boomerang figure more than I expected to, even though I have the other one. 

Egghead’s mech is my second favourite behind the shuttle. The mech is really cool and I love the figures, especially egghead. I like the inclusion of what seems to be an unprinted white chicken, which could also be used for architecture or something like that. 

The cmf series is fairly good. Vacation robin, babs and Alfred are meh, particularly babs. The rest of the figures are cool except maybe faf Harley. My favourite is Hugo Strange even though he’s not all that exciting, I’ve just been waiting for him for so long

1 hour ago, LEGOFANBLUE said:

I think the space shuttle set is designed to connect to the batcave which will be cool, although tricky for display because it will form an incomplete circle. Also why is Catwoman awkwardly thrown into the set? Seems very out of place... 

For the same reason Penguin is in the Batcave set: Playability

Well I'll probably bricklink the new Batsuits and then get that Hawkgirl (despite the helmet being wrong). Nothing else really interests me. The Bat-Shuttle is too small.

All the sets are pretty good build wise in their own ways, as most cinematic sets usually hold a higher standard of build quality compared to other themes. In the Anniversary Party set, I'm really digging Superman's jovial expression, and the classic Green Arrow figure is nice to have. As far as the Shuttle sets goes, its kind of disappointing that the front part of the craft has the Bat-emblem printed onto it, but at least we get the complementary windshield part in Trans-yellow to use elsewhere. In Harley's Cannonball Truck, it looks like Gentlemen's Ghost ends up using Penguin's top hat recolored after all. Besides, we didn't need another similarly new mold anyway.

The only set though I like as a whole without picking it apart is Egghead's Mech. It's not so much the figures I care about, just that squatty, cool mech. Oh, and sunny side up eggs are certainly fun to have. :classic:

That Bat Space shuttle is a must have for me!!!! And these figures are amazing! Although...

Curse you, whoever came up with stud shooters!

I think that after this wave I will have been mostly satisfied with the figure lineup. Mostly I regret us missing some batsuits (which I'm starting to think might have been intentionally omitted to avoid nationalism in the figs), and I think they could've made a good Phantom Zone set. This wave has given us some fun builds and awesome figures. I wish more super heroes got this treatment, but we all know Batman is Lego's favorite, and I can't blame them!

6 hours ago, LEGOFANBLUE said:

I think a good idea could have been a LEGO Batman advent calendar. They could have put in a couple of batsuits as well as the vacation variants because they pretty much have to put in the main figures. Then the remaining spots in the minifigure series could have been filled with samurai, cyborg and some more batsuits. The builds would have been just smaller versions of the vehicles from the waves like the lowrider and such. Then day 24 would be Santa batman. It’s a missed opportunity in my opinion 

I know right! I would soo buy that!

9 hours ago, LEGOFANBLUE said:

This would of been a great idea for Lego, and they could of put Gleek in advent calendar leading to even more sales of it. Hopefully we get a summer wave and enough polybags to round out the theme and get the rest of the characters and batsuits remaining. 

I think this whole series is a home run. The figures are excellent, the sets are fun & creative. Harley’s cannonball truck is the oddball of the bunch for me though. The builds of the sections of the city are a nice start for The Narrows, and the figs are great. I just don’t really care for the truck itself. I do love all the different “Bat” vehicles, which only ups my urge to buy all the sets. 

Edited by Vindicare