Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

On the positive side I think this series 2 is really well designed, and the accessory variety and count is generous ( should make it easier to feel the ones you want too).  

Given the comments so far part of me wonders whether there will really be an appetite for a 3rd wave of sets apart from JLA party and Joker manor. Also given the reaction to the Bricktober Minifigure set they may have missed the opportunity on including more wacky batsuits in this series.

What I would have liked to have seen for wave 3 would have been 2 different complementary JLA party sets with 5 figures each and small builds,  the Joker manor with all the FaF characters and drop the vehicle sets entirely. They could have then used the unreleased villains, nightwing, reggae Batman, and thrown a few more Bat-variants (these are the ones my kids want most) into the CMF S2.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the rubber duck mold that comes with joker no printing like the one that came with the batman last series 

It has diamonds printed over the eyes.

Loving Black Canary, definitely gonna pick her up. Always needed an Alfred so I'll pick up the beach one for the head, hair, and collar and the beach Batman for his amazing torso. Its about time we got an easy to get plain bare chested torso. Dr. Phosphorous is another cool one I may or may get. Besides those, nothing else piques my interest.

34 minutes ago, AntiKragle said:

unreleased villains

I think Lego had early pre-pre-pre-test for childrens and parents (who not hard Bat-fans) with villains, and this villains did't get attention from public. 

They maybe thinks Hush is cheap mummy, Silver Bunshee is some sort of random ghost girl etc etc

And Lego already planned to release main villains from movies, Boomerang, Croc, Clayface, maybe Calendar Man, Magpie, Hugo Strange, Gentleman Ghost and Killer Moth and some others but some anothers villains choosen by kids because they looks cool, and/or parents for details. 

Not undestand absence of Hatter, Firefly and Cluemaster after all.

Overall, it's just theory.

Edited by ZoKpooL

Aside from HQ and the joker they can't double up too many more villians and the more different superheros the better.                                                                                        Favorite has to be Jor El and Zod from original 1979 superman the beard is an ok nod to russel crowe but love that pair

1 hour ago, AntiKragle said:

unreleased villains

I was actually referring to the villains coming exclusively in wave 3 sets - Boomerang,  Crazy Quilt, Gentleman Ghost, Egghead and Condiment King

6 minutes ago, AntiKragle said:

I was actually referring to the villains coming exclusively in wave 3 sets - Boomerang,  Crazy Quilt, Gentleman Ghost, Egghead and Condiment King

Oh.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Ah fair enough, very useful for flash as you say, made me think that Black Vulcan was Zoom for a moment

My number 1 reason to buy him. In 2018 we can finally buy Reverse Flash and make our own Zoom. It's a good time to be a flash fan.

Also, I only just realised we get a cheap way to buy not 1 but 2 Alfreds. His bald hairpiece is also very useful.

I'm absolutely in love with every last one of these figs, save for maybe the Harley Quinn and Killer Moth figures, and those are mostly just because I'd rather see something else in there slot *cough* Batman Beyond and Agent Smith *cough cough*.

We've got the perfect Killing Joke Joker, a wonderful Black Canary, the Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, and Black Vulcan all looking fantastic, absolutely lovely Zod and Jor-El minifigs (that I'm only slightly bitter about being released just after I posted this), a long-awaited Hugo Strange figure, a wonderful Clock King, and some fun-looking beach variants with some nice new or expensive parts! I have my nitpicks, of course, like Jan not coming with Gleek the monkey, the exclusion of Samurai, our last remaining Super Friend, and Jor-El's crystal piece not being the same one from the movie, but I'll be hunting down every last one of these guys if it's the last thing I do!

(also: check out Black Vulcan's kickass new lightning molds! Those look fun!)

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

5 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

(also: check out Black Vulcan's kickass new lightning molds! Those look fun!)

Yes. Those are awesome but not new. Those came almost a year ago in Nexo Knights

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Those are awesome but not new. Those came almost a year ago in Nexo Knights

Really? I can't believe they haven't used it in more stuff!

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:
  1. <SNIP> absolutely lovely Zod and Jor-El minifigs (that I'm only slightly bitter about being released just after I posted this) <SNIP>

Oh man, your Zod really is fantastic. If this weren't right around the corner, I might find myself copying you. Well done!

On 9/14/2017 at 4:58 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Honestly, me too! There are so many neat pieces in that scene both from a Lego perspective and a Batman one. Like, I really want the "I'm Not Batman" t-shirt, the Batman ice cream, the Batman action figure, the hat with the '66 Batman logo on it, and the torso with the The Batman logo on it (because nobody ever seems to acknowledge that one!). I wouldn't say no to the "Batman Begins by Brushing His Teeth" shirt either :laugh: Plus it would be nice to get some general purpose flesh-tone heads, especially if they're as diverse as the kids in the movie!

Well, guess we have to settle for a few Bat-Bucks...

Personally I love the second series, but I have a feeling it will tank in sales. Lots of obscure DC characters, and I have no idea why they thought to put FaF Alfred and HQ in this series. Putting all the FaF variants in the Manor would have been the obvious option I'm sure?

17 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Personally I love the second series, but I have a feeling it will tank in sales. Lots of obscure DC characters, and I have no idea why they thought to put FaF Alfred and HQ in this series. Putting all the FaF variants in the Manor would have been the obvious option I'm sure?

It's actually a pretty diabolical scheme - if you only collect the CMF, or if you only buy the Manor, you can't have the full set of FaF minifigs. Lego is extraordinarily good at separating us completists from our dollars...

To those who don't understand the hate, well, I don't necessarily share all of the hate, but I think mainly some people are disappointed of the potential this series had and that it felt short of what it could have been. I think about 3/4 of the figures I don't have complaints about, but some of the vacation or FaF figures feel like wasted spots when there were so many awesome Batsuits that did not get made. That having been said all the figures are very well designed (my only complaint being the absence of Gleek) and I will be happily picking up a full set. I am glad for those who are completely happy with this series, though!

Just now, BrickSantorum said:

It's actually a pretty diabolical scheme - if you only collect the CMF, or if you only buy the Manor, you can't have the full set of FaF minifigs. Lego is extraordinarily good at separating us completists from our dollars...

I was about to say the same thing. The FaF figures in this series might make people want to buy the Joker Manor.

14 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

They did something similar with Simpsons. Series 1 came with all the Simpsons family with wide-open eyes, except Maggie who had half-open eyes. The D2C Simpsons House had all half-eyes except Maggie, who in that set had wide-open eyes.

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The prints don’t need to be reused. It’s a Lego Batman Movie specific series, not a regular general one. Interesting pieces are all subjective, since I’m interested in the new color for that duck floatie that the Joker has. This series didn’t need new molds, since all the figures look amazing even without them. 

I know. I understand. I was just trying to explain why the series is getting a mixed reception

It is hard to judge how a series will do.  Having it released after Christmas won't be helpful.  I never understood a January release.

That being said, the blending of the movie main charactors with DC legendary figures and specific honors to cartoons from 1970s and the original DC Superman movie from1979 are great crossovers that have me getting entire series.

Does help a little that the Apache Chief figure is wonderful add to old wild west.

10 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I was about to say the same thing. The FaF figures in this series might make people want to buy the Joker Manor.

Not working here. I'll overpay for the Joker on BrickLink. They should have stuck all those vacation variants or obscure JLers in the Manor set.

Edited by K_Tiger

Personally I really like this series, while I really don't care about the movie specific characters I am thrilled to be finally getting figures like Hugo Strange, General Zod in his classic outfit, Jor-El, a somewhat Killing Joke inspired Joker, Black Canary and Dr Phosphorus. Sure some of the other figures are "odd" but given that they should also appeal to children I don't really have any issue with that. Overal I'm glad that Lego doing their own movie gave us 2 great CMF series full of characters that I'd never thought we'd end up getting.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Not working here. I'll overpay for the Joker on BrickLink. They should have stuck all those vacation variants or obscure JLers in the Manor set.

You uh...realize someone still has to buy the joker Manor for you to get that figure right? Working just as intended.

8 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

You uh...realize someone still has to buy the joker Manor for you to get that figure right? Working just as intended.

Unless it was stolen from a factory which is a rare case

28 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

Better their $270 than mine. *shrugs*