Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Could there be a chance that there will be a third series?  After watching the movie again, I realized that there could have been other Phantom Zone characters, like gremlins other than Spike and the Mr. Smiths.  Or even another Flying Monkey variant.  I miss when the CMF included minifigures that could be used for "army" building.  Would be fun to have a bunch of gremlins.

37 minutes ago, AstroNutz said:

Could there be a chance that there will be a third series?  After watching the movie again, I realized that there could have been other Phantom Zone characters, like gremlins other than Spike and the Mr. Smiths.  Or even another Flying Monkey variant.  I miss when the CMF included minifigures that could be used for "army" building.  Would be fun to have a bunch of gremlins.

There definitely won't be a third series of minifigures.

1 hour ago, AstroNutz said:

Could there be a chance that there will be a third series?

Oh god no...

To bad.  With Dimensions gone and no additional CMFS, we probably lost the chance to see some of the licensed characters.  Based on LEGO Ideas terms, we can't see any of these license sets, like Wizard of Oz or Gremlins.  

Edited by AstroNutz

Just now, AstroNutz said:

To bad.  With Dimensions gone and no additional CMFS, we probably lost the chance to see some of the licensed characters.  Based on LEGO Ideas terms, we can't see any of these license.  

Probably they didn't sell well. But, to me, there's always room for hoping. On the other hand, I'd like not to waste an entire minifigure series for that.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Looks to me like pearl gold and flat silver.

Of course, that makes sense for harley!

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They are referencing a rape scene with that minifigure

Joker never raped Babs

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know what, I bet the newspaper tile Zod is carrying is actually a Daily Planet newspaper! :purrr:

Ha, that would be amazing! Here's hoping!

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Well, the Batsuits rumour was pretty spot on, as were most of the actual fig rumours. Some fun ones and some to add to the ranks of heroes and villains. I’m happy with that series.

8 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Why do I feel like one of the leakers (@rob-ot5000?) contradicted this list. What are the chances this is fake?

Nah, this looks pretty legit. I did say there were no FaF figures in here, but I also said multiple times that I was speaking from a memory of a prelim, so I could be wrong about some things. All the ones I was sure of are there (Canary, Hugo, Jor-El, Zod, Wonder Twins, all five beach variants, Killer Moth and Merbat), plus the ones I thought I remembered but wasn't sure of (Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Phosphorus, Clock King). Truly the only unexpected ones for me are the two FaF figures and Soccer-Bat-Mom. And whether that's because the prelims changed or I misremembered, well, who can say.

RIP Gleek. You will be missed.

EDIT: Also, about Clock King: a friend seems to recall it being (based on) the Gingerbread Man head mold, yet I recall seeing a 2x2 round tile attached to a neck bracket placed onto the head stud. Maybe I saw that in the "Making Of" book? I guess we'll see soon enough!

Edited by rob-ot5000

Love the figures. However, the biggest miss is the Batman Beyond suit. They must have plans for it for future non related BLM sets. Unless we do get a 4th wave mid next year, as there is still so many builds they can create.  

Given the figures that we already knew in this series, I got a bit disappointed when I saw the pamphlet. I feel like the second row is mostly filler (although I do really like Vacation Joker, controversies aside). So 4 vacation figures, plus FaF Harley and Merbat, feel like wasted slots to me... That is 6 slots, and 3 could have been easily taken up by St. Batrick's, Batriot, and Mariachi. Also no Batman Beyond... :cry_sad:

I will say that I am glad that we will be completing the villain lineup. Strange, Phosphorus, Killer Moth, and Clock King look really good. I am happy about the Wonder Twins but like others I am disappointed that they left the monkey out of it. Come on!

I might pick up customs for the Batsuits that we won't ever get. :sadnew:

Edited by BrickHat

11 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

the biggest miss is the Batman Beyond suit

Never liked Beyond, but disappointed by absence of Gaslighted Batman 

Just now, ZoKpooL said:

Never liked Beyond, but disappointed by absence of Gaslighted Batman 

Completely agree, the beyond suit just doesn't work in Lego form.

The monkey being absent is very odd. 

Why isn't the monkey here? What happened in that party? 

#prayforGleek

A lot of good designs in this Series, but I am definitely getting Canary and Strange. Really glad they didn't get over the top designs and now they can fit in perfectly with the normal DC Superheroes line.

On another topic.  Brick vault has released a joker Wanye manor build and review.  It's massive!!

Just now, Robert8 said:

#prayforGleek

I know you don't want to hear it. But a 4th wave of sets, more potential. 

37 minutes ago, ZoKpooL said:

Joker never raped Babs

Yeah, I was about to say. I just think it's funny that this is the second Joker figure referencing the Killing Joke.

Anyway, now I'm sad we didn't get Gleek. Maybe he was too complicated to mold and print on the chimp piece? I'm still bummed we didn't get classic Cyborg over Mermaid Man Batman.

Just now, Robert8 said:

#prayforGleek

Could he be coming in the Justice League Party set?

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

Does this Series have a release date yet by the way?

January 1st

Pretty good series but kinda weak for different batman, wish we got St. Batrick's, Batriot, silent but deadly, Krampus bat, racer batman, boo batman, Military leader batman, arctic batman, Basketball batman and swat batman. And not including Gleek doesn't make much since on legos part. 

Oh! and the batman with the comic book "POW!" all over would of been sweet to get

Edited by Nexogeek

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

it's funny

It's nothing funny. It's like double standards of LEGO.

NO NO NO PYG AND FLAMINGO IT'S JUST SCARY  FOR KIDS but they realese fig based of events of cripple young woman (even it' not include rape it's pretty dark) and they allows Croc to be humanitarian like comics, not to mention if they not overall possing Poison Ivy as rapist and drug dealer or Riddler as killer of children, Ivy and Riddler dark like Pyg and Flaimingo in comics, but hey LEGO says 'no' to Pyg but 'yes' to Ivy.  

Just now, ZoKpooL said:

It's nothing funny. It's like double standards of LEGO.

NO NO NO PYG AND FLAMINGO IT'S JUST SCARY  FOR KIDS but they realese fig based of events of cripple young woman (even it' not include rape it's pretty dark) and they allows Croc to be humanitarian like comics, not to mention if they not overall possing Poison Ivy as rapist and drug dealer or Riddler as killer of children, Ivy and Riddler dark like Pyg and Flaimingo in comics, but hey LEGO says 'no' to Pyg but 'yes' to Ivy.  

Of course they say yes to Ivy, she's one of Batman's biggest enemies. Its all about how characters are portrayed, Pyg is basically always a psychotic butcher, thats just the gimmick of his character, but Riddler, Croc, Ivy, Joker, they can all be adapted to suit young audiences

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Of course they say yes to Ivy, she's one of Batman's biggest enemies. Its all about how characters are portrayed, Pyg is basically always a psychotic butcher, thats just the gimmick of his character, but Riddler, Croc, Ivy, Joker, they can all be adapted to suit young audiences

Pyg was adapted to suit a younger audience in Beware the Batman.

Edited by Nexo Bricks

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Pyg is basically always a psychotic butcher, thats just the gimmick of his character

Pyg may be posing as just criminal in pig mask. 

Same way posing anothers vilalins as 'pretty child-friendly characters'. 

Not to mention they released prostitute and not writing in promo materials what March Harriet is it. 

Just now, Nexo Bricks said:

Pyg was adapted to suit a younger audience in Beware the Batman.

Even this version is dark, already posing as killer, sadist and torturer