Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I found the new Bat-suits, but nothing about Captain Boomerang?

I have to agree to an extent, though: the new cowl mold seems like a bit of a waste. The figure looks a lot nicer for it, but it makes me wish that the designers on the movie maybe dedicated that wishful thinking into a unique helmet for Hawkgirl. I find it interesting that Lego would go to that much trouble for a one-off Batsuit but not go so far as to print the details on to the Hawkgirl helmet they're giving us, or do Green Arrow's arm printing, or give Superman boots. There were so many better places for that money to go, but I guess Batman trumps all, even in cases like this. :/

I'm interested to see what people will do with the new red cowl, though, and the green-white molded arms will be nice and useful!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Just found it on Instagram. While I am excited about the Black recolor of the Atlantis helmet/airtank headgear part, I'm even more anxious to see this figure's torso prints, especially after seeing what its leg printing looks like. Most of all, I hope this figure will have a fusioned Classic Space/Bat-emblem smack dab in the center of the chest. :snicker:

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

It seems like Lego is done with TLBM after wave 3, but they could possibly release the gaslight suit as a promo polybag fig around when the animated movie comes out.

Well whatever remaining Batsuits we may potentially get in this third wave, Lego might just opt to give us even more wacky variants, simply because there will never be another opportunity to introduce such variants. 

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm interested to see what people will do with the new red cowl, though, and the green-white molded arms will be nice and useful!

Same here! :classic:

Do you have any immediate reusage ideas for either of those yourself?

im disappointed how the upcoming shuttle set only has variants of robin and batman no villains whatsoever so I may pass on it and why still is there no mad hatter minifigure

31 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

im disappointed how the upcoming shuttle set only has variants of robin and batman no villains whatsoever so I may pass on it and why still is there no mad hatter minifigure

Catwoman is presumed to be included. They wouldn’t include Mad Hatter in any of the batman movie sets as he wasn’t in the movie.

As much as I love the space suit batsuit, did it even appear in the movie? 

3 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

Catwoman is in the set, and why would they make a Mad Hatter figure for the movie sets when the character was never even in the movie??

I do like the Space Suit Batman, so far at least.  I'd like to see it with all of the pieces taken apart.

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Confused. What Jamaican batman r we talking about? Was there a leaked pic ? 

Have a look on Instagram, best place to start. 

Is the Space/Batman logo mashup definite or hoped for? I really like the idea of it, even if it will be lost under the helmet cowling, and after  seeing Firestarter it’s feasible.

That Space Batman doesn't look like Batman at all, which might be a good thing since we could be useful for space fans

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Is the Space/Batman logo mashup definite or hoped for? I really like the idea of it, even if it will be lost under the helmet cowling, and after seeing Firestarter it’s feasible.

Just simply hoped for, especially on my part. :grin:

It would be a shame if they didn't though, since otherwise the figure would just be a Black suited variant of the Space Batman seen in the 2015 GL set.

I can't believe we're still getting Batsuits. I just got the Bricktober set and the battle pod, now counting them all (TLBM and DC) I have about 35 unique Batmen. Insane. And there's still a ton I don't have yet.

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Do you have any immediate reusage ideas for either of those yourself?

Off the top of my head, I think those arms might make for a nice Aya from GL:tAS! 

I really like the impression that the printing gives off on the Space-Bat, but I wish they would've done something with the helmet to make it more Batman-y, since it takes up most of the fig. Some sort of cowl print on the visor would've been a much appreciated touch that kept the main helmet piece in tact for those looking for new space-y opportunities, I think.I'm still of the mindset that this shuttle set is an easy pass, though. Too expensive, without any particularly high-alert need-level figures. Better to save the cash for the Egghead Mech, Harley Cannon, and JL Party as far as I'm concerned.

21 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

It seems like Lego is done with TLBM after wave 3, but they could possibly release the gaslight suit as a promo polybag fig around when the animated movie comes out.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that. DC's never used LEGO for promotional materials in their direct-to-video features, save for the proper LEGO ones, and this is going to be a pretty brutal and mature movie: serial homicide of prostitutes and all that. I would, however, not be too surprised if he showed up in the CMF wave, since all the parts exist now and there aren't a lot of suits visible on screen left to pad out the second wave. That and the Beyond suit are my two hopes for the CMF line, and I don't think it's too pie-in-the-sky to think they'd happen this time around.

23 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

They might be done with TLBM, but definitely not with Batman. Gaslight Batman isn't from the movie so his appearance wouldn't be influenced by it. But I don't expect him anywhere besides as a comic con exclusive.

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that. DC's never used LEGO for promotional materials in their direct-to-video features, save for the proper LEGO ones, and this is going to be a pretty brutal and mature movie: serial homicide of prostitutes and all that. I would, however, not be too surprised if he showed up in the CMF wave, since all the parts exist now and there aren't a lot of suits visible on screen left to pad out the second wave. That and the Beyond suit are my two hopes for the CMF line, and I don't think it's too pie-in-the-sky to think they'd happen this time around.

I wouldn't count on it. While a Batman Beyond suited figure has higher chances than ever to appear since he was actually in the movie, gaslight batman his chances are as good as zero. So pretty much the same reason why we won't see characters like Mad Hatter. There are also still plenty of suits to be made that appeared in the movie, suits that most likely never see the light of day since it was confirmed that only a few suits will appear in series 2.

Actually, the Gotham by  Gaslight suit was in the movie.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Oh I didn't know Gaslight Batsuit was in the movie. Here it is

Image result for batman by gaslight batsuit

I find weird that they used a regular cowl for this one, instead of Vacation Batman cowl

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I find weird that they used a regular cowl for this one, instead of Vacation Batman cowl

In the original Gotham by Gaslight comic, he doesn’t appear to be wearing goggles, although some detailed panels raise doubt.

Is there any chance this suit could pop up in the second CMF series? 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

How could I miss that *huh* xD. But he looks kinda bland without the goggles. Btw, does he has 2 different eye colors, blue and red, like those 3d glasses? Or is that just the shading playing tricks on me?

Let’s not get bogged down in Gotham by Gaslight. Other than being one of hundreds of “blink and you miss” cameos, there’s no indication we’ll be getting that figure, ever. We already know he won’t be in a wave three set and it seems unlikely he would be in the CMF. 

9 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

They might be done with TLBM, but definitely not with Batman. Gaslight Batman isn't from the movie so his appearance wouldn't be influenced by it. But I don't expect him anywhere besides as a comic con exclusive.

Though we have yet to see two done for the same theme, there is the possibility of us obtaining another one of those "Battle Pod" promotional sets.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I've never noticed before that the figure has dual molded Light Bluish Grey/Black arms. If we ever did get a Gotham by Gaslight Batman, I would hope to see the figure don a cape similar to the one seen on the S17 Highwayman, to give the look of a trenchcoat-like cape.

Speaking of the CMF wave, when is that supposed to happen? With all the leaks from sets, I'm surprised we haven't seen a drop from the CMF wave, especially if it's coming around the same time that the sets are?

22 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Have a look on Instagram, best place to start. 

Is the Space/Batman logo mashup definite or hoped for? I really like the idea of it, even if it will be lost under the helmet cowling, and after  seeing Firestarter it’s feasible.

Thanks. I found them yay. Look pretty cool the cowl piece is nice

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Speaking of the CMF wave, when is that supposed to happen? With all the leaks from sets, I'm surprised we haven't seen a drop from the CMF wave, especially if it's coming around the same time that the sets are?

The list should be out at any moment now

I expect the official reveal to happen around a month from now

Edited by Robert8

Some news;

Through the Instagram sphere, I have found photos of Hawkgirl (mask removed), space suit Batman (torso print, no classic space logo), Egghead, Alfred 66 suit, Green Arrow and FaF Batgirl (cowl removed)