Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I ran across a photo of the physical Batman Movie Boomerang :D

I found it it's only the legs and part of the torso, but so far, it's the best version of him.

Edited by jake0324demo

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly?!

What the hell were they thinking? :look:

I think The LEGO Group itself needs to remember what LEGO is about....

What are we supposed to do with a jamaican hat with Batman's cowl molded into it???? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Same thing can be said for that cowl/glasses headgear mold used by "Nightwing" in the Joker Manor set. If it weren't for that intentional jilted angle set for comedic effect, the part could have reused as another cowl/googles variant, much like CMS Vacation Batman's cowl. 

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Same thing can be said for that cowl/glasses headgear mold used by "Nightwing" in the Joker Manor set. If it weren't for that intentional jilted angle set for comedic effect, the part could have reused as another cowl/googles variant, much like CMS Vacation Batman's cowl. 

Same goes for Robin's normal hairpiece with the glasses attached.

Also for those in the UK, TRU stores got a shipment of the Lego minifigure 4 packs this morning so if you ask in your local they may be able to get one from the loading dock for you. 

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Dang, does that Firestarter Batsuit have a Dark Red cowl? If so, that's pretty cool! Now as far as Reggae Man goes, that cowl is unfortunately just a one and done mold. Lego could have just opted for a hat and dreadlocks piece with a printed Bricktober style head, therefore making the headgear much more versatile for usage beyond its intended purpose. :sceptic:

I really hope to see an image of the BatSpacesuit soon, particularly a shot of its torso print, if you know what I'm getting at. :wink:

That would have been a good solution.

Also, why didn't Firestarter Batman get a yellow belt piece rather than a print?  Movie accuracy, I guess?  Oh well.  I still like them both.

In the great words of Mr Khalid... Another one

Edited by Clone OPatra
Leaked Pic Removed

The new figs look pretty sweet, Firestarter moreso. 

On the Bricktober front, Mrs RedHoodPug picked up my reserved set today, then openly lamented that it was one per customer. The girl behind the counter said that it was one of each theme per customer - they had all of the 4 packs available - but it was ok to have a second one for RedHoodPug Jr! Score!

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The new figs look pretty sweet, Firestarter moreso. 

On the Bricktober front, Mrs RedHoodPug picked up my reserved set today, then openly lamented that it was one per customer. The girl behind the counter said that it was one of each theme per customer - they had all of the 4 packs available - but it was ok to have a second one for RedHoodPug Jr! Score!

Ah I am glad they let you get one for each of you, I would rather them go to people who actually want them than scalpers buy them all!

Even though these pics are not 'preliminary' as such, they're still leaks and not meant by LEGO to be shown, and we don't allow those sorts of things to be posted directly. I will go through and remove them now.

11 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

Same goes for Robin's normal hairpiece with the glasses attached.

Well, that headgear piece I think has a lot more potential for reusage compared to the "Nightwing" cowl. For instance, it could work great for a nerd/geek archetype for the normal Collectable Minifigure Series line.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

Also, why didn't Firestarter Batman get a yellow belt piece rather than a print?  Movie accuracy, I guess?  Oh well.  I still like them both.

I'm hoping to see the utility belt part used much more in the future beyond the TLBM theme. Particularly, I would like to see the part recolored in Gold sometime soon. 

2 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

Ah I am glad they let you get one for each of you, I would rather them go to people who actually want them than scalpers buy them all!

I agree that scalpers are not good but not everyone who buys extra does so for scalping. I buy an extra set in case my kids crack or otherwise damage the original set. I also buy extra for the purpose of trading for things I miss out on.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, that headgear piece I think has a lot more potential for reusage compared to the "Nightwing" cowl. For instance, it could work great for a nerd/geek archetype for the normal Collectable Minifigure Series line.

Would that be allowed in an unlicensed CMF, since the Batman cowl is so distinctly, well,  Batman?

On 19-10-2017 at 4:24 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Now as far as Reggae Man goes, that cowl is unfortunately just a one and done mold. Lego could have just opted for a hat and dreadlocks piece with a printed Bricktober style head, therefore making the headgear much more versatile for usage beyond its intended purpose. :sceptic:

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly?!

What the hell were they thinking? :look:

I think The LEGO Group itself needs to remember what LEGO is about....

What are we supposed to do with a jamaican hat with Batman's cowl molded into it???? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

20 hours ago, Borex said:

Seems like a waste to me too. They could have given the head a print and we would have had our first dreadlock headpiece :-(

I'll have to disagree with you guys. The LEGO Group was going for a movie accurate figure and that's what we got (or will get:tongue:). While I would love to see a Reggae hairpiece, it shouldn't take the spot of the Reggae batcowl. I know lego is all about creating your own things and being creative, and this piece will indeed be pretty much useless for any non batman setting (well perhaps a Jamaican nerd/cosplayer) but the same could be said for many other licensed pieces or even prints (not counting the ones that appear in countless sets). But isn't that were the licensed themes are all about? Most of us (probably mostly the kids) buy it to get a particular character or build. They'll buy it because it's batman and not because they might be able to use a hairpiece in their creations. If someone is really all about making their own creations, licensed themes might not be for them. Luckily their are still the unlicensed sets, although they might have to wait a long time to get a particular piece. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to get my hands on this figure.:laugh:

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'll have to disagree with you guys. The LEGO Group was going for a movie accurate figure and that's what we got (or will get:tongue:).

The Lobster Lovin' Batman isn't accurate because the cloth skirt piece is printed in the minifigure. 

My point is, if the reggae hat wouldn't have the Batman cowl molded, a lot of people would buy it only to make their own reggae man, including myself. But now the minifigure is only appealing to the Batman Movie fans/collectors (not even all the Batman fans because Batman would never wear that).

This is a very weird decision that I can't really understand :wacko:

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Lobster Lovin' Batman isn't accurate because the cloth skirt piece is printed in the minifigure. 

My point is, if the reggae hat wouldn't have the Batman cowl molded, a lot of people would buy it only to make their own reggae man, including myself. But now the minifigure is only appealing to the Batman Movie fans/collectors (not even all the Batman fans because Batman would never wear that).

This is a very weird decision that I can't really understand :wacko:

Perhaps they can reuse the plastic mold without the cowl section to make just a hat piece? 

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Would that be allowed in an unlicensed CMF, since the Batman cowl is so distinctly, well,  Batman?

Oh, I was talking about TLBM Robin/Dick Grayson's hairpiece and glasses mold, juxtapostioned to the short eared cowl and glasses mold seen in the Joker Manor set on "Nightwing" Dick Grayson.

4 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

Perhaps they can reuse the plastic mold without the cowl section to make just a hat piece? 

The part is more likely than not a solid single mold, as opposed to a new hat/hair mold which slips over the preexisting long eared cowl piece. Even if that latter situation was the case, it would be conforming around the shape of the cowl, therefore not being able to normally stud down onto a minifigure head.

On 10/19/2017 at 8:01 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I dunno; I could definitely see the "Nightwing" cowl used for an intentionally humorous character like Bat-Mite in the future...

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I dunno; I could definitely see the "Nightwing" cowl used for an intentionally humorous character like Bat-Mite in the future...

It looks like tailor made for Gaslight Batman.

By the way the Batman by Gaslight film will be released next year. So there is that

Image result for gaslight batmanImage result for lego batman movie joker manor set

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, I was talking about TLBM Robin/Dick Grayson's hairpiece and glasses mold, juxtapostioned to the short eared cowl and glasses mold seen in the Joker Manor set on "Nightwing" Dick Grayson.

The part is more likely than not a solid single mold, as opposed to a new hat/hair mold which slips over the preexisting long eared cowl piece. Even if that latter situation was the case, it would be conforming around the shape of the cowl, therefore not being able to normally stud down onto a minifigure head.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant the mold that the piece is actually made from could be altered to just have the hat section :sweet:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It looks like tailor made for Gaslight Batman.

By the way the Batman by Gaslight film will be released next year. So there is that

Oh man, I would just LOVE a Gotham by Gaslight Batman! :excited: After all, Gaslight Batman was seen as a suit variant in TLBM, so who knows? 

But, I think that Vacation Batman's cowl would be a better choice for such a figure, albeit with recolored goggles. The "Nightwing" cowl may have more appropriate rounded goggles unlike the vacation cowl's oval ones, but you just can't get past that jilted angle. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

@Robert8 Nah, the issue with that piece is that it is at a jaunty angle. However the vacation Batcowl could work 

Exactly! Otherwise, the Nightwing cowl would be just perfect.

3 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant the mold that the piece is actually made from could be altered to just have the hat section :sweet:

But, that would just make it a new mold altogether anyway. It's more of an issue of what would they be able to do the hat/hair/cowl piece after the fact; where as if Lego did it right the first time, they would have done a plain old Jamaican hat/dreadlocks piece to top a printed Bricktober style cowl printed head. With this piece however, it's just a dead end. :hmpf:

I think the vacation cowl would be better for a gaslight suit, considering the nightwing cowl is crooked and doesn't have a pointy nose.