Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is Hawkgirl is the CMF line?

Because the printing on her torso looks like it comes from the China factory

The nougat looks way too faded

I thought she was in the JLA party set

5 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

where are the pics of hawkgirl and eldorado?

You may search the net/google. We are not allowed to directly link you into that. I hope you know what I mean. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

You may search the net/google. We are not allowed to directly link you into that. I hope you know what I mean. 

okie dokie :)

5 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

okie dokie :)

In situations like this, the usual sources of leaked images are one of a handful of instragram accounts. Typically, someone will then repost the images on reddit. Google's web crawlers take time to find stuff, so it's handy to know where to look.

Those plain yellow hips stick out like a sore thumb on Hawkgirl. I really wonder if they will look like that in the final version. I am also not crazy that they reused the Hawkman helmet. I think I would have preferred the Chima eagles mold, similar to this piece (below) which I already use in my purist Hawkgirl.18936.png12549pb02.png

@DrasticPlastic mentioned appreciating minifigure POC, and I totally agree, so was hoping to see Hawkgirl in "flesh" instead of "light flesh." It wouldn't be took hark to replace the head and arms/hands, but her torso will end up looking strange if I do. It's definitely accurate to her appearance in the movie though, so it's not the set that's at issue.Oh well  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'll throw my TRU Batman Bricktober figure collection story into the mix. When I arrived at the store, the first person I spoke to had no idea what I was on about, the second (the manager) looked for it in back and couldn't find them (suggested I wait for the next shipment on Wednesday) and the third person figured out that they were put out a week early and when the mistake was realized, put away in the wrong place. That's why the manager couldn't find them. Either way, I got the set. They still had lots of TLBM CMFs so I picked up the last three I didn't have (I thought I didn't need a complete set before, this TRU Bricktober collection convinced me otherwise). I also got two 2017 Marvel sets at 20% off and am a happy camper.

I adore the Bricktober set. This collection is really unique (unlike last year's sets, one of which I got). The Baturion is amazing, and the Easter Bunny is something else. I really appreciate the belt piece in white (first and only appearance?) and I didn't have a Lego egg piece before in any color. My Wiz-Bat has excellent clutch between the torso and slope piece, so I am sorry for some of you who had issues with that.

One more think about the Bricktober set. My Baturion and Wiz-Bat came with soft cloth capes, not the starched ones, so no creasing from the packaging! Seems they shipped with different cape materials - depending on region perhaps? All the ones shipped in September (in Europe and elsewhere?) seemed to have the starchy capes.

Edited by linnormlord
formatting

3 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

In situations like this, the usual sources of leaked images are one of a handful of instragram accounts. Typically, someone will then repost the images on reddit. Google's web crawlers take time to find stuff, so it's handy to know where to look.

Those plain yellow hips stick out like a sore thumb on Hawkgirl. I really wonder if they will look like that in the final version. I am also not crazy that they reused the Hawkman helmet. I think I would have preferred the Chima eagles mold, similar to this piece (below) which I already use in my purist Hawkgirl.

@DrasticPlastic mentioned appreciating minifigure POC, and I totally agree, so was hoping to see Hawkgirl in "flesh" instead of "light flesh." It wouldn't be took hark to replace the head and arms/hands, but her torso will end up looking strange if I do. It's definitely accurate to her appearance in the movie though, so it's not the set that's at issue.Oh well  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'll throw my TRU Batman Bricktober figure collection story into the mix. When I arrived at the store, the first person I spoke to had no idea what I was on about, the second (the manager) looked for it in back and couldn't find them (suggested I wait for the next shipment on Wednesday) and the third person figured out that they were put out a week early and when the mistake was realized, put away in the wrong place. That's why the manager couldn't find them. Either way, I got the set. They still had lots of TLBM CMFs so I picked up the last three I didn't have (I thought I didn't need a complete set before, this TRU Bricktober collection convinced me otherwise). I also got two 2017 Marvel sets at 20% off and am a happy camper.

I adore the Bricktober set. This collection is really unique (unlike last year's sets, one of which I got). The Baturion is amazing, and the Easter Bunny is something else. I really appreciate the belt piece in white (first and only appearance?) and I didn't have a Lego egg piece before in any color. My Wiz-Bat has excellent clutch between the torso and slope piece, so I am sorry for some of you who had issues with that.

One more think about the Bricktober set. My Baturion and Wiz-Bat came with soft cloth capes, not the starched ones, so no creasing from the packaging! Seems they shipped with different cape materials - depending on region perhaps? All the ones shipped in September (in Europe and elsewhere?) seemed to have the starchy capes.

TRU experiences XD, the white belt appears in the Joker Manor

Eh, we need better pictures. The lighting or glare shining on Hawkgirl's torso makes those colors look paler, because the yellow print on the legs looks more vibrant than the print on the torso.

I got the Holiday 2017 catalog today and it has the "Last Chance!" label on The Scuttler and Two-Face Double Demolition. Interestingly enough, on S@H only the Scuttler is marked as "Retiring Soon". Two-Face Double Demolition is also on sale for $48.

18 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I got the Holiday 2017 catalog today and it has the "Last Chance!" label on The Scuttler and Two-Face Double Demolition. Interestingly enough, on S@H only the Scuttler is marked as "Retiring Soon". Two-Face Double Demolition is also on sale for $48.

The retiring soon label is added to sets that don't sell too good in order to encourage people to buy them

Now I'm not an internal source, sure, but when you consider all the other sets that have been listed as "Retiring Soon," both past and present, they haven't necessarily been the most well received.

12 hours ago, linnormlord said:

They still had lots of TLBM CMFs so I picked up the last three I didn't have (I thought I didn't need a complete set before, this TRU Bricktober collection convinced me otherwise).

And that's the reason, why they make these actions.

4 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

What does it mean? I want those sets in 2019 but I wouldn't be glad if they weren't in stores.

12 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I still can't manage to find 'em.

8 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

By the way, did you ever get a Fall 2017 catalog in your mail earlier last month? I too got the Holiday 2017 catalog yesterday, surprised though there never was a Fall one which should have been in the mail back in early September. 

I know that's somewhat off topic, but I was just wondering after seeing your comment. :def_shrug:

11 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

This is where a directory ?

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, linnormlord said:

I am also not crazy that they reused the Hawkman helmet. I think I would have preferred the Chima eagles mold, similar to this piece (below) which I already use in my purist Hawkgirl.18936.png12549pb02.png

Well, what would really would have been great is if they had made a helmet/hair combo for a more realistic looking Hawkgirl, but that was of course too much to hope for. But I am just stoked I am finally getting a Hawkgirl minifigure, and that it is more reminiscent of the Shayera Hawkgirl rather than the Kendra version ...

18 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Well, what would really would have been great is if they had made a helmet/hair combo for a more realistic looking Hawkgirl, but that was of course too much to hope for. But I am just stoked I am finally getting a Hawkgirl minifigure, and that it is more reminiscent of the Shayera Hawkgirl rather than the Kendra version ...

Yeah I appreciate it being Shayera inspired too although the hair-helmet combo with her red hair would have been amazing! I suppose without the hair the only difference with a Kendra version would be a darker skin tone and all green legs? 

I'm happy to report that I was able to get 2 of the Batman Bricktober packs today.  I purchased Scarecrow Fearful Face-off and Battle Of Atlantis (both on sale), along with a Ninjago minifigure and one of the Batman Bricktober packs.  With that, I got the second pack free.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, did you ever get a Fall 2017 catalog in your mail earlier last month? I too got the Holiday 2017 catalog yesterday, surprised though there never was a Fall one which should have been in the mail back in early September. 

I know that's somewhat off topic, but I was just wondering after seeing your comment. :def_shrug:

I got a Fall one. It had Ninjago City on the cover. I don't think I got a Summer one though. Weird.

My toys r us is sending all of the leftover figure packs back to hq..... What a sham, i second the notion that this bankruptcy finishes them off, disgusting company, im sick of these idiots ticking me off with there different rules per store

Edited by legosamsonite

19 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

My toys r us is sending all of the leftover figure packs back to hq..... What a sham, i second the notion that this bankruptcy finishes them off, disgusting company, im sick of these idiots ticking me off with there different rules per store

What is the point of that? Surely the whole point of having an exclusive is to sell it! 

Just now, Nsk97 said:

What is the point of that? Surely the whole point of having an exclusive is to sell it! 

Im in canada, they dont sell it here only with 75$ purchase

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Most brick-and-mortar stores have been cutting their losses in Canada.

I'm guessing these are being shipped back to the US, to be redistributed in a market that is guaranteed to deplete the stock completely.

It sucks for those looking to purchase it after the fact, for certain.

It's this uncertainty, and their overall clientele, that makes me hopeful that this bankruptcy plan of theirs isn't fruitful.

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

So you're trying to get one w/o buying the fluff? Some stores are weird like that. 

48 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

So you're trying to get one w/o buying the fluff? Some stores are weird like that. 

Yeah, but after the event, so there really shouldn't be an issue. Oh well

Ninjago sets are already on the shelf in my TRU, I'm sure leftover Batman sets will show up next week.  I'm sorry if this isn't the case in your store.  They were a little reluctant to sell directly (it depends on which employee you get), but said they would try it.  They did and of course it works.

17 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Yeah, but after the event, so there really shouldn't be an issue. Oh well

I would “employee shop”. Keep asking different employees until you find one who will sell it outright.