Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I must say I like the set. I'd say the pictures don't do it justice in terms of scale and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos.

I am disappointed with the minifigs though. I have no issue with the inclusion of the FaF figures, they are what they are. The others though are a complete misfire with Nightwing Robin being the only one they got right...

Do we really need another vanilla Batman (especially where there is another variant in the set)? Why not include the cowl with Alfred?? Why, why, why give us another Joker, Harley and Babs that are identical to prior releases???

For a premium collectors set it seems a bit lazy that four out of the ten figures are straight up reissues.

I have to say...if Dr. Phosperous isn't in the CMF wave I'll be gutted. I was banking on this set to fill out the remaining villains/major variants...

Edited by Jonathan

Just now, Jonathan said:

Why, why, why give us another Joker, Harley and Babs that are identical to prior releases???

I have to say...if Dr. Phosperous isn't in the CMF wave I'll be gutted. I was banking on this set to fill out the remaining villains/major varients...

Because the majority of the villains in that scene were licensed, and LEGO is suddenly adverse to their inclusion. I share your sentiments on Dr. Phosphorous.

10 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Other than that, I can't wait to pick this set up, hopefully at an early release date for VIPs

Brick Fan says it won’t get early release. I suppose with a November release they need to promote it, not that they are preaching to the choir already.

I'm sure Phosphorus will be in the CMF series. With the Robin and Alfred variations mostly exhausted and only a few batsuits this time around there should be room for all of the unreleased characters. 

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Brick Fan says it won’t get early release. I suppose with a November release they need to promote it, not that they are preaching to the choir already.

I got the email for it and it says 24 November.

22 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I wish the box of bat merch had some bat merch to go along with it. Other than that, I can't wait to pick this set up, hopefully at an early release date for VIPs

There is no early vip release unfortunately. It will be available to all on Black Friday November 24th

All I have to say is

Please let Nightwing be in the CMF :begging: Arkham Joker was after all. And I don't want that bat wing shoulder armor piece to be expensive.

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

For a premium collectors set it seems a bit lazy that four out of the ten figures are straight up reissues.

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

The other 6 are exclusive to this set though. At least as far as we know for now.

It's a buy for me, nice looking Set, like the Minifigures, like the building, like the Rollercoaster aspect. Was kind of hoping for a Ghostbusters HQ themed Set, however overall I think I will purchase this item when Lego has doubke vip points or a cool giveaway.  Also can't forget...  need more bat vehicles.  No bat chopper from the visual book tells me we still may have another bunch of sets released.  Fingers crossed Lego. 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

It's a buy for me, nice looking Set, like the Minifigures, like the building, like the Rollercoaster aspect. Was kind of hoping for a Ghostbusters HQ themed Set, however overall I think I will purchase this item when Lego has doubke vip points or a cool giveaway.  Also can't forget...  need more bat vehicles.  No bat chopper from the visual book tells me we still may have another bunch of sets released.  Fingers crossed Lego. 

As much as I love batman and enjoyed the movie, I honestly hope to god there is not another wave. I think we have already reached saturation point with sets and I really can't see any reason to have more sets after the next wave.

18 minutes ago, Nsk97 said:

As much as I love batman and enjoyed the movie, I honestly hope to god there is not another wave. I think we have already reached saturation point with sets and I really can't see any reason to have more sets after the next wave.

I am frankly surprised we are getting this wave. In the US at least, the major retailers have had almost every TLBM set on 20-30% markdown since they were released. It doesn't seem that any of it sold very well. The only sets I haven't found heavily discounted are the Penguin limo and the Ultimate Batmobile. Definitely agree that I don't want to see any more of it, and I'm sure I'm not the only collector suffering from LEGO Movie fatigue. I'm curious to see if the Ninjago Movie sets fare any better; they look like far superior designs at better price points, but the movie got pretty poor reviews and seems to be flopping at the box office.

12 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Looking at the rumoured CMF list. JorEl? Really? Is he even in the movie

He appeared in the Fortress. Batman accidentally awoken him, then like threw the crystal away

I'm disappointed with the Joker Manor. I thought that Ninjago City was an indication of future Modular-esque builds for various licensed themes.

Instead, Joker Manor is just another open-back / Lego City-esque design. And I'm not a fan of the Joker elements. I understand why they went with the Joker Manor - it fits the "over the top" / "extreme" aesthetic of the other TLBM sets and it's arguably more appealing to children, but I'm not sure how many kids will be receiving such an expensive set (then again, the same argument could be made for Ninjago City). The interior is also an odd mix of "Wayne Manor" scenes and "Joker Manor" scenes which seems conflicting to me.

Anyway, it's money saved for me. And I guess there is still the potential for a Modular-esque Wayne Manor at some point in the future.

If you take off the roller coaster parts and the bombs, it's a fairly standard mansion set with a Joker middle. Modding it back to normal shouldn't be terribly difficult.

I'd dare to say 10

Because today we pretty much got confirmation that Dr Phosphorus will be a CMF

There are not more sets left to be revealed. He has to be in the second CMF

Edited by Robert8

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to come home to this. :oh:

Nor was I ever expecting this rumored Wayne Manor to be a Joker-ized one either. :wacko: It is though a very well done, easter egged set with plenty of fun details, the portrait swap and "Forever Sorting" reference are two particularly fun ones to see. Also, the brick built Joker text and opposite side clown head are really impressive in their construction.

As far as minifigures go, have we ever had dual molded White/Flesh Tone arms before, the ones seen on FaF Robin that is? Many of the figures are also giving us some interesting new and recolored cloth elements, such as Bat-Robin's XL scalloped cape, FaF Joker's coattails in White, and three dual colored White/Gold capes. By the way, does it seem like Alfred's scalloped cape is shorter that the usual one?

12 hours ago, Catanas said:

It's really awesome! The rollercoaster is really interesting. Have those parts appeared before and I missed them or is this something new?

No, I'm pretty sure that they are new, along with the Lime Green railcars that pair with the track.

Like you, they were the first thing I saw upon seeing the set images. I do think that these track parts were not made for this set in particular, but instead, they may be utilized in a potential D2C Creator Expert roller coaster set next year, to go with the three D2C fairground sets we have seen so far.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I'm not super thrilled by the set, which makes me super thrilled! :grin: I can never afford these expensive sets, so I prefer them to be nice but not necessary, and this fits the bill quite nicely! While I'd love to have these exclusive figures, I'm mostly interested in half of them for parts, and the others I can live without just fine. It certainly would be nice, though, if they did what the Ninjago movie is doing and put the exclusive figures in the CMF line, too, or at least slight variants of some of them, like Nightwing with a different face print or something.

Really don't like the look of that set, I can't for the life of me figure out where those 3000 pieces are going. I'm sure it will look more impressive in person, but at the present it just looks like an Arkham-sized playset. After the fantastic previous Lego Movie D2C sets; Metalbeards Sea Cow and the magnificent Ninjago City, this does feel like a bit of a let down to me.

but then again, after Ninjago City and the Millennium Falcon, I don't really need to be spending another £250 on a set! So I guess it's a win for me!:laugh:

This set looks like a lot of fun playset! I was worried this set would be $400+ so $270 is great! I only wish the figures were a bit better. FaF Batman should have printed legs and I wish Alfred has the mask and maybe they could have don't Batgirl with glowing eyes instead of Barbera. I also wish they included FaF Alfred and a few uber villains (Agent Smith, T-Rex, or something). Btw the Joker Manor in the movie also has the eye, it's not Sauron.