Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Ashnflash said:

I see. Thanks @Robert8 I thought that was a bed. Well that's kinda disappointing. 

I think that's supposed to be this swimming pool, sooo.....

Related image

Wow, I'm really digging this Joker Manor set! The build looks great and FAF white suits look amazing. Too bad they announced it now, when I already spend alll my money on TLJ sets.

Is anyone else kinda underwhelmed?

I mean the set is fairly visually appealing but the interior looks incredibly cramped, the eye on top isn't even there in the movie(?) and doesn't fit the design well and it doesn't look like it would be easy to modify into a normal Wayne manor. 

And then there is the minifigures which I am relieved to see the selection sucks so I don't feel I am missing out. The white costumes are fairly lame in my opinion but I'm glad they won't take up spots in the minifigures series now. Other than them there is only 2 exclusive minifigures(?) and the Alfred one is the only one that would fit in with normal DC minifigures. 

As someone who definitely won't be picking up the set I am so glad there are no exclusive characters and that the only minifigures I will be slightly sad to miss out on is just Alfred in an alternate outfit.

I am honestly not sure whether I like this set or not. I like some aspects but not sure about others. I might have to see it in person first to decide whether I want to spend the money on it. Definitely love the FaF figures though. They look fantastic!

Also I like the nod they gave to the Palace Cinema set with Batman watching Forever Sorting 2. 

This is one of the rare cases that I can say where one would buy the set for the build instead of the figures. Personally I have no interest at all in this set but I cannot deny that it looks great.

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

This is one of the rare cases that I can say where one would buy the set for the build instead of the figures. Personally I have no interest at all in this set but I cannot deny that it looks great.

I completely agree. Likewise the set does little for me but the minifigure selection in particular is poor.

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

That's very interesting. I wonder what the small build is he was talking about. He gave the pool table as an example so I imagine something like a piano like the one we saw in Arkham VR and I believe there was also one in the LBM Wayne Manor tour. I wonder ?

Called it! :laugh: It's also by far my favorite section of the set. It includes 3 secret entrances to the batcave, how cool is that? I wonder if the set would be easy to rebuild, by the looks of it it isn't, but after seeing it I'm not sure if I want to change it. I also love the paintings. The only minor problem I have is the lack of a bedroom, or is the bathroom the bedroom? If so I'm missing a bathroom xD. Oh well, that will be easy to fix. It appears the jokerized inside takes a lot of inspiration from Jokerland, which I like. The build also fits really well next to Arkham. Can't wait to get my hands on it. 

Given that we knew that there would be no more Uber villains, that there would be FaF figures appearing at some stage, the price, what characters are in the movie and that the manor in the movie is vast, what were people expecting? There’s the now expected level of detail, a handful of new figs, a rollercoaster, big Joker face sign, among other things. I just get surprised that when Lego pulls out the stops - especially on a licensed product - people are still good for a moan. Or am I missing something? I’m not looking for a fight, I’m just surprised at people’s expectations sometimes.

Is it just me or does this seem super small for the piece count? it looks to be about the same size as the new arkham which was 150

1 minute ago, yg33 said:

Is it just me or does this seem super small for the piece count? it looks to be about the same size as the new arkham which was 150

Here are the differences between the two:

Arkham Asylum measures over 11” (30cm) high, 18” (46cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep. Lookout tower measures over 11” (29cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and 1” (5cm) deep.

The Joker™ Manor measures over 21” (55cm) high, 25” (66cm) wide and 10” (27cm) deep.

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't think so. You might be getting confused with the Tropical Joker (who had also appeared in the end credits) who will be in the CMF

Wait… does it mean that we have a list of CMF minifigures yet?

6 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

Wait… does it mean that we have a list of CMF minifigures yet?

We've got a partial, *wink wink* list from reliable sources.

37 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Given that we knew that there would be no more Uber villains, that there would be FaF figures appearing at some stage, the price, what characters are in the movie and that the manor in the movie is vast, what were people expecting? There’s the now expected level of detail, a handful of new figs, a rollercoaster, big Joker face sign, among other things. I just get surprised that when Lego pulls out the stops - especially on a licensed product - people are still good for a moan. Or am I missing something? I’m not looking for a fight, I’m just surprised at people’s expectations sometimes.

I'm pretty cranked about those FaF figures. LEGO knew 15 minutes after that scene hit the net that people would want at least the main four in those costumes. So what do they do? Put them in the CMF line, as would be the sensible thing to do? Noooo, they slap them in an expensive DTC set. A set that some of us, frankly, don't have the inclination to buy, for whatever reasons.

I suppose the set is fine if you wanted an TLBM Jokerland, my beef isn't with the quality of the set, it's with popular designs being shoehorned in. They should have put those six-tenths of a second of screen time Justice League figures in there.

Just now, Pop Star c o said:

Can you, please, give me a link?

It's been posted in this thread a couple of time. As I recall:

Hugo Strange

Black Canary

Killer Moth

Clock King

General Zod

Jor-El

Zan

Jayna

Unknown end credits figure, believed to be beach Joker.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

It's been posted in this thread a couple of time. As I recall:

Hugo Strange

Black Canary

Killer Moth

Clock King

General Zod

Jor-El

Zan

Jayna

Unknown end credits figure, believed to be beach Joker.

Thank you so much.

On the subject of batman sets... does anyone know if you can take off the top part of the Adam West set (with the manor part) and place it separately?

9 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm pretty cranked about those FaF figures. LEGO knew 15 minutes after that scene hit the net that people would want at least the main four in those costumes. So what do they do? Put them in the CMF line, as would be the sensible thing to do? Noooo, they slap them in an expensive DTC set. A set that some of us, frankly, don't have the inclination to buy, for whatever reasons.

I suppose the set is fine if you wanted an TLBM Jokerland, my beef isn't with the quality of the set, it's with popular designs being shoehorned in. They should have put those six-tenths of a second of screen time Justice League figures in there.

It’s something that’s going to split opinion, the FaF figs. There are people here that couldn’t give two hoots about them, while others are really excited about them in particular. If Lego felt that the FaFs were a potential moneyspinner, wouldn’t it be remiss of them as them as a company to not take advantage of that? Particularly at a time when they are feeling the pinch. It’s a bind, and a big financial hit, but I can completely understand where they are coming from. 

Also bunging the Justice League in there would be coming out left field just a touch. I personally am pleased that we will be able to get Leaguers on the cheap, as well as more villains. It’s swings and roundabouts.

I absolutely love this set! It looks incredible and I definitely want to pick this up. However, I also want NINJAGO City. I’m thinking maybe I’ll wait on this one, since it’ll be around for a while but it’s too good to pass up. 

So very disappointed by this set, like others have suggested, the Joker-ish parts should have been optional. It doesn't even look like it will be easy to mod without buying a substantial amount of extra bricks. I'm not really interested in any of the minifigures either so I think I'll pass on this one.

I wish the box of bat merch had some bat merch to go along with it. Other than that, I can't wait to pick this set up, hopefully at an early release date for VIPs