Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Maggie in Simpsons Series 2

To be fair, at least she came with a new mold of Santa's Little Helper. If these Batsuits are indeed also in the CMF, I expect proper hand, cape, and staff colors. Along with possibly a molded wizard hat/cowl.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I stand corrected! On the bright side it is a rare case. I reaaally hope they don't waste 4 CMF slots like that.

Honest question -- why is it a "waste"? If they do repeat them the least TLG can do is add in a new accessory or recolour them, then voila it may not even matter. We've seen this happen in many occasions in the regular series and TLG made it clear they don't mind re-releasing minifigures from the regular series to be a promotional item. Why can't they do it the other way around? It makes sense to me, specially when not all people can get these promotional items.

I like Batman but  I'm not the biggest Batman fan so this is probably why I don't care much if the promotional minifigures reappear in Batman CMF series 2. I do see the perspective that promotional items can make it to a CMF series.

11 hours ago, makoy said:

Honest question -- why is it a "waste"? If they do repeat them the least TLG can do is add in a new accessory or recolour them, then voila it may not even matter. We've seen this happen in many occasions in the regular series and TLG made it clear they don't mind re-releasing minifigures from the regular series to be a promotional item. Why can't they do it the other way around? It makes sense to me, specially when not all people can get these promotional items.

I like Batman but  I'm not the biggest Batman fan so this is probably why I don't care much if the promotional minifigures reappear in Batman CMF series 2. I do see the perspective that promotional items can make it to a CMF series.

To me it would be a waste because since we'll never have all the Batman suits from the movie, I'd like to see Lego maximize the number of suits they make. I wouldn't mind if they rerealeased these as a polybag or gave them a wider release, but I think a great thing about CMFs is the opportunity to get new minifigures, and I'd hate to see that opportunity be wasted. Some people here articulated this better than I have.

Making room for other suits is kind of a moot point since it's been stated that there will be very few batsuits in the upcoming CMF series.

28 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

Making room for other suits is kind of a moot point since it's been stated that there will be very few batsuits in the upcoming CMF series.

All the more reason why the very few batsuits we'll get shouldn't be repeats.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

All the more reason why the very few batsuits we'll get shouldn't be repeats.

Exactly. The more repeats, the less space for newer figures, like Patriot Bat or Irish Bat

Also photos of figures

Oh good I hadn't seen them yet, I love Egghead's tie thing? cravat? (his tails are on wrong though:laugh:)

Condiment king is the minor villain I wanted the most and he looks good.

I'm sure that there is another good use for condiment kings legs maybe remove the print and give then a white skirt for mystique. (along with the new new Secura head)

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

1 hour ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I'm sure that there is another good use for condiment kings legs maybe remove the print and give then a white skirt for mystique. (along with the new new Secura head)

Captain Cold boots, if they're the right shade of blue.

1 minute ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

It looks like it's the blue used for Yondu's skin, but I could see them used on an alternate custom Cap Cold

8 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

That was my first thought but they're definitely more of an azure colour. The same Instagram account has posted some clearer pictures of them (coattails on Egghead are still wrong though :tongue:)

Edit- They both don't have any back printing but there's a wonderful alternate expression on CK with mustard stains on his face, he looks like he's going to throw up :grin:

Edited by Duncan Young

21 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

They both don't have any back printing but there's a wonderful alternate expression on CK with mustard stains on his face, he looks like he's going to throw up :grin:

I love that other expression for CK! I hope he comes with the new hotdog piece; looks like he's just finished stuffing his face. Gotta love a weapon that also serves food!

The angry face on Egghead is really a disappointment. I usually don't mind that sort of thing, but I was really hoping for a classic Vincent Price type expression. Just a slight creepy smile, or a strangely troubled expression would have been perfect. 

2 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

The angry face on Egghead is really a disappointment. I usually don't mind that sort of thing, but I was really hoping for a classic Vincent Price type expression. Just a slight creepy smile, or a strangely troubled expression would have been perfect. 

Well said! I was egg-static when this figure was rumored to happen. This will still be an awesome addition to the classic TV villains. But a more true-to-character V. Price facial expression would have made this great figure even better. 

6 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Well unless you don't mind them, you would probably need to sandpaper off those "briefs" prints. :wacko:

Oh, and as far as what shade of blue that is, I'm also pretty sure that is Dark Azure.

Really? No neutral faces? I'd be okay with either of CK's faces as an alt, but I was hoping for something like this:

37197917345_8828dcf070_z.jpg

As the primary. And it may seem too picky, but I have more than just vested interest in making DC stop-motion videos with these, which makes nothing but "wacky" faces undesirable.

Edited by PepperoniBricks

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It looks like it's the blue used for Yondu's skin, but I could see them used on an alternate custom Cap Cold

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

That was my first thought but they're definitely more of an azure colour.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well unless you don't mind them, you would probably need to sandpaper off those "briefs" prints. :wacko:

Oh, and as far as what shade of blue that is, I'm also pretty sure that is Dark Azure.

I messed up, I forgot I use a custom Captain Cold that uses what I think is medium azure, a huge difference over the medium blue the official one uses. But sandpaper? A pencil eraser is enough to erase prints, which is what i did with the spooky boy legs for Batman.

Anyway, I just noticed Condiment King's stains on his face, and I'm a bit disturbed because I'm thinking he just uses his guns to stuff his mouth full of mustard or ketchup out of boredom or when he thinks no one is looking.

Those faces on Condiment King look too suspicious. Like... those are not normal faces, at all.

My guess: He'll be also in the CMF line with a "normal face" and the squishee moulds recolored in yellow and red, as seen in the movie. It would be like Lloyd, Master Wu or Arkham Joker in the CMFs: a minifigure avaiable in other sets but with exclusive face printing

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Those faces on Condiment King look too suspicious. Like... those are not normal faces, at all.

My guess: He'll be also in the CMF line with a "normal face" and the squishee moulds recolored in yellow and red, as seen in the movie. It would be like Lloyd, Master Wu or Arkham Joker in the CMFs: a minifigure avaiable in other sets but with exclusive face printing

❤️ I hope so because I won't be getting the set but then it uses a valuable slot up so :sad: 

I think they look good. Has El Dorado also some kind of weapon? Otherwise he is a bit bland. And do they both have dualmoulded legs?

Edited by Borex

Well hey, at least Green Arrow comes with an old fashioned bow and a quiver of arrows both in green, which is nice for those that don't like Hawkeye's bow for the character. :classic:

4 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Was it confirmed we're not getting alternate expressions for CK and Eggy?

CK has an alternate face but Egg-head does not because his headpiece wouldn't cover up the alternate expression.