Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Also are we getting a second CMF line? 

Yes, with (presumably) Killer Moth, Jor-El, Zod, Black Canary, Clock King, Hugo Strange, Zan, Jayna, and Tropical Joker along with 11 other characters.

28 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is the Wayne Manor based off of the Lego Batman movie though?  Personally I would prefer if it was comicbook based.

Also are we getting a second CMF line? 

We have been hearing that wayne manor is part of the lego batman movie, as the batman movie is the only lego movie so far to not receive a d2c set yet, but there are rumors that one is coming.

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

Yes, with (presumably) Killer Moth, Jor-El, Zod, Black Canary, Clock King, Hugo Strange, Zan, Jayna, and Tropical Joker along with 11 other characters.

Are these characters all in the Lego Batman movie?  I have not seen it, that's why I'm asking. 

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Are these characters all in the Lego Batman movie?  I have not seen it, that's why I'm asking. 

yes, don't remember tropical joker being in it though.

Edited by jake0324demo

Tropical Joker is in the closing song, Friends are Family, dressed in a similar manner to the CMF Batman in his wetsuit, and looking not a million miles away from Killing Joke Joker.

3 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

He appeared in the Friends and Family song in the end credits

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

GB HQ size? I'm already crying. I doubt I'll buy it if it's that expensive. 

Then again, wouldn't it be a shame if it was anything smaller than that? :grin:

2 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

Was the Ventriloquist and Scarface in the movie by any chance? Or Black Mask? 

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

He appeared in the Friends and Family song in the end credits

I hope he's not in it. That Joker shirt didn't end well for Batgirl. :(

11 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Was the Ventriloquist and Scarface in the movie by any chance? Or Black Mask? 

Black Mask didn't appear, neither did Ventriloquist and Scarface (And Silver Banshee and Hush) but were considered and designed

Well, it sounds like so far that the D2C will be a Wayne Manor. Personally, I was hoping for a complementary Gotham City modular to pair with Ninjago City; but a manor may be a fun set. Whether the set will feature any part of the Batcave has yet to be seen, but there are many rooms in the TLBM depiction of the manor that could make up the set.

Take this guided tour for example:

2 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Then again, wouldn't it be a shame if it was anything smaller than that? :grin:

I would be fine with a $200-250 size manor, honestly. 

30 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What is "neogaf"? :shrug_confused:

A forum for gaming. Take that information with a grain of salt, I got it from Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What is "neogaf"? :shrug_confused:

They have a Lego sub forum as well. Some stuff for movies, marvel, etc. as well. Its like Redddit. Their Lego forum is great, its like Eurobricks but more general, without the structure, and different threads for each theme but it still manages to run smoothly.

So glad to hear that we're getting the Wonder Twins, and Jor-El sounds great, too!! I'm a little bothered by the Killer Moth inclusion, just because that would make it the 3rd version of him we've seen in two years, which is a bit excessive for him. Was Zod even on screen in the Lego Batman Movie? I don't remember ever seeing him, just hearing him. Clock King'll make for a great addition, too! I'm hoping we get the other 3 Super Friends characters this way, too, sinc El Dorado is coming in the JL Party set. It'd be nice to see Cyborg in there, too, since he's the only other figure from that scene with new printing. More than anything, though, I hope the Wonder Twins are equally common. I'd hate to have one and not the other (although I suppose I could replace Zan with a bucket of water...)

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Black Mask didn't appear, neither did Ventriloquist and Scarface (And Silver Banshee and Hush) but were considered and designed

How do you know they were designed? Was there art of them in the Making Of book?

On 16-8-2017 at 0:32 AM, Fatoran said:

Well the upcoming wave all sound great.

Interesting that the space shuttle looks to be all hero figures, but I spose Batman can just be happy that there doesn't appear to be any villains around to *ahem* purrrrloin it. 

On 18-8-2017 at 10:17 AM, Fatoran said:

I spose they could arguably get away with no villains in a set at this point. Doesn't the JL dance party have no villains? If they can get away with that one, they could arguably do another set without an antagonist. And let's face it, the presumed target audience for this set and its presumable price point would likely already have other sets from the theme to go alongside it. That is, of course, if there isn't a villain in this one anyway. *Cough cough* Sorry about that, hairball.

Do you know something that we don't?  :pir-oh: Another Catwoman or Catman perhaps? Selena Kyle? (Probably not...)

Btw does anyone know if there's any chance we'll get chef Joker that was rumored in the cmf concept art last year? Was he even in the movie? (Haven't seen it yet...)

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Do you know something that we don't?  :pir-oh: Another Catwoman or Catman perhaps? Selena Kyle? (Probably not...)

Hmm, I read it as just implying that there isn't a villain. Is there any unused concept art of other outfits for Selena in the art  book? Given that human cannonball Harley is being made, being in the movie doesn't seem to be a requirement.

11 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

How do you know they were designed? Was there art of them in the Making Of book?

I believe that there was a page of very early concepts for a bunch of characters who were dropped early on. 

4 minutes ago, The Whisperer said:

So the Hawk in the party set has red boots and a lot of green and yellow(?) so it looks like it could be Hawkgirl

Are there leaked pictures somehwere?!

If so I should be able to tell with my hawk eyes

6 minutes ago, The Whisperer said:

So the Hawk in the party set has red boots and a lot of green and yellow(?) so it looks like it could be Hawkgirl

It is.

Just now, Catanas said:

It is.

Does this mean Hawkman might be in the CMF? I doubt it tbh since the costume is the same from the 2015 set.