Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

The rumours are true. I've noticed lots of the first series around as well though, maybe they were overproduced and as a result the 2nd wave will be  produced on a smaller scale

I don't know. I've never seen the other CMF lines reduced on the lego store. Hope it's true though, I need more Z-list villains.

9 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

I don't know. I've never seen the other CMF lines reduced on the lego store. Hope it's true though, I need more Z-list villains.

Don't worry, I got confirmation from the same guy who gave me information about the Lobo, Lex and Thawne sets

1 hour ago, GeekByKnight said:

In the U.S. at least, the Disney CMF line was also reduced 20%, to $3.19. And Series 17 was just reduced this week to the same price.

I really hope they do this justice. A proper Wayne Manor is basically my dream set. 

Overproduced! Series one was very scarce in the Netherlands. After one week you couldn't find any. Resellers/scalpers are selling them on the secondhand market voor double over here.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

In the U.S. at least, the Disney CMF line was also reduced 20%, to $3.19. And Series 17 was just reduced this week to the same price.

But 50%? That's what they're selling for on the website in the UK.

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't worry, I got confirmation from the same guy who gave me information about the Lobo, Lex and Thawne sets

Good enough for me.

On 8/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, x105Black said:

That would be cool.  Or maybe something more to scale with the Disney Castle with a big Batcave underneath.  I think I prefer the Modular idea, though.

I prefer the modular idea too. Though, i can concede it will be relative small compared to the size of Wayne Manor in the LEGO Batman Movie.

They could make the d2c kinda like Bruce's city building that doubles as a bat base and is modular. Kind of like in the dark knight when Wayne manor was burnt down.

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

I prefer the modular idea too. Though, i can concede it will be relative small compared to the size of Wayne Manor in the LEGO Batman Movie.

Someone mentioned that it would be cool if Ninjago City was only the first in a series. Maybe Wayne Manor, if this is the set, would be the next set in the series? This would mean that it would be modular.

Isn't the point of modular buildings that they connect physically? Wayne Manor is a mansion. It doesn't even get close to any other buildings. Why would they make it modular? How would they make it modular and still look anything like the one from the movie?

I think modular means (or can also mean) that the house itself consists of multiple modular sections that are independent of each other and can be separated to give you access to the insides for example.

2 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

I think modular means (or can also mean) that the house itself consists of multiple modular sections that are independent of each other and can be separated to give you access to the insides for example.

much like the Simpsons house

Yeah the manor could be kind of similar to the Simpsons house because it's a wide building and it doesn't need to be modular like the ninjago city because it's on an island away from all other buildings

49 minutes ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

much like the Simpsons house

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Isn't the point of modular buildings that they connect physically? Wayne Manor is a mansion. It doesn't even get close to any other buildings. Why would they make it modular? How would they make it modular and still look anything like the one from the movie?

5 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

I think it means both, actually.  I think it would look good if done like a Modular Building.  It wouldn't be 100% screen accurate, but can they really do that anyways?  In the movie it would be the size of 5 Modular Buildings, at least, and they'd never do a set that big (at least not at this time).  So I think they could make it work.

The "modular" nomenclature is confusing because it means different things to different people. I think it's cleanest to use the term only to refer to the Creator Expert line of interconnecting buildings, since that seems to be the way LEGO uses the term, at least in their designer videos. Similarly-scaled buildings like the Simpsons house/store, Monster Fighters Mansion, and even Ninjago City can be adapted to fit in with the ten official Modular Buildings, but I at least don't think of them as "modular" — regardless of how they're constructed — because they're not part of the line.

LEGO tends to construct buildings in one of three ways: open-back (Disney Castle, Winter Village, Arkham), hinged/dollhouse (Monster Mansion, Simpsons, Ghostbusters Firehouse), and stackable plates (all 10 modular buildings, Ninjago City). My guess is that different LEGO designers favor each technique, and that some structures just lend themselves to one or the other. Personally, I prefer the stackable plates method: it allows for complete floors/levels and a 360º exterior (unlike the open-back method) that doesn't have to be artificially split down the middle to be seen (unlike the hinged/dollhouse method). My hope is that a Wayne Manor set uses this building technique. But to be done right, I think it would need to be on the scale of a Disney Castle, Ghostbusters Firehouse, or Monster Mansion... and I don't know that stackable plates would be stable enough when the footprint is that large. Time will tell, I suppose...

- Modular allows you to place a set in a city or table and still get to the interior.

- Open back allows for access on a table, but looks unfinished and out of place when seen next to fully enclosed buildings. If placed on a shelf, it forces you to pick either the front or back to display. This forces you to spin it around to see the other side, potentially a hassle depending on how tightly crammed together your display shelf is with other sets.

- Dollhouse is in a way the best of both worlds and the worst. You get a fully enclosed building which looks good on a table or shelf, but to access the inside you need either a ton of dead space on the side or to physically remove the building from wherever it is.

Overall I prefer Modular. I converted my haunted house to modular style, and at some point plan on doing the same for the Firehouse and the Simpsons house. Really hope the Wayne Mannor is modular but if not i'll convert that too.

Edited by yg33

4 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I have not checked this thread in awhile, and I'm confused. Has a Wayne Manor D2C been confirmed or is this just speculation?

The Star Wars moderator (Stash) indicated once or twice that it was coming soon. His sources and information is generally considered to be reliable. 

20 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Someone mentioned that it would be cool if Ninjago City was only the first in a series. Maybe Wayne Manor, if this is the set, would be the next set in the series? This would mean that it would be modular.

I saw that too. I hope so. We just have to wait for the reveal.

I think it would be cool if each LEGO Movie gets a modular like that! I'd buy them all! Because this is Licensed though I'm a little worried about the price point....

Edited by Ashnflash

On 7/18/2017 at 9:15 PM, J3D1-T said:

@Sir von Lego Do you know what any of the variants in the Bat Space-Shuttle are? Thanks for all the info so far

I'd wager something mellow, upbeat and colourful, used in a certain Jamaica Caper. Something hot and arsonistic (if that's even a word!) and maybe a suit to accompany the shuttle with part 87754 which I'd bet on being black.

Edited by Catanas

@Catanas So, would it be Bad Boy (I don't remember a suit called this though maybe someone else does), Firestarter and another Spacesuit Batman?

Edited by Duncan Young

Maybe a mini eye of sauron could be included with the manor to compliment it

also I'd guess Catanas clue would be Reggae Bat.

Reggae Bat is a little disappointing. It's essentially robin with a cowl. I'll still buy the set and be happy with another suit, but would have preferred something different.