Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I hope it will be the Jokerville version of it

Yeah, I'd prefer the Joker-ized version of the manor. I think it looks cooler and would offer a lot more play opportunities. 

32 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Well I thought it was the Falcon, but will be glad if it's Wayne Manor!

It is the Falcon, but someone on the Star Wars forum said the Falcon is bigger than Wayne Manor, seemingly confirming the Manor as the LBM D2C. 

Well, if it is Wayne Manor, perhaps it will be a surprisingly good set; but honestly, I was sort of hoping the D2C would be a Gotham City modular to complement Ninjago City. :sceptic:

I will be very happy if the D2C is Wayne Manor, preferably the standard / classic model, not the Jokerized version (although I do admit that the latter would be more "toyetic" and probably offer more wacky play features).

I know fans have been wanting Wayne Manor since 2006, so a normal version would be completely fine. I feel like we've gotten enough Jokerland stuff anyway. I imagine it'd be similar to this theme's Arkham except with a more detailed interior, hopefully modular level stuff this time.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

I found the Arkham set to be a fairly poor representation of the location depicted in the movie, so I hope a Wayne Manor set would be a major step up from it. Even though Arkham is on sale now at shop.lego.com, I'm hesitant to buy it given its anemic interior and lack of visual appeal (like...why is it brown? where is the gothic and gargoyles? where is the creepy iron gate? Sticking some lightsaber hilts on the roof just doesn't cut it for me). Wayne Manor ought to be more on the scale of the Monster Fighters Haunted House... or even bigger.

Damn! Wayne Manor! I love the sound of that, I really do hope it's modular like others are hoping.. of course I'll have to get it for the minifigs (whatever they may be, I'm sure they'll cram many must haves in though) and it might just be one of the sets I do keep!

Wayne Manor sounds like a great set. I would expect the main room with the photos (hopefully not too many stickers please!), fireplaces and staircases as well as the dining room and the kitchen (where we'd see the lobster mound again).

Honestly I'm not sure what else they could include (aside from a bedroom and bathroom). Maybe we'll get a room with Batcave access.

On the figure side of things Bruce, Dick and Alfred are obvious inclusion as well as maybe Barbara, Harley and Joker (and probably an exclusive villain just to taunt me :tongue:)

Edited by Duncan Young

Crap! I was thinking I might not get the D2C if it's the Manor, but I guess the figures will be extremely tempting. I'll have to see the build and price before I decide for sure. 

I think the best thing they could do for the manor is make it the Jokerland version, but you're able to remove the Joker pieces to make it more normal. Does that seem plausible?

We don't know if it's based on the movie version right?

Just now, Cobb said:

We don't know if it's based on the movie version right?

The D2C is definitely a Lego Batman Movie one. 

1 hour ago, marv said:

Wayne manor sounds exciting. Do you think it will include a batcave?

I hope it will look a bit like this: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0791b5c4-fb8b-4326-8a56-397979de70a3

I think it would be weird to include a Batcave section since we already got a Batcave, but it would be nice if they built the Manor to connect to the Batcave in some way. 

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

I think the best thing they could do for the manor is make it the Jokerland version, but you're able to remove the Joker pieces to make it more normal. Does that seem plausible?

That might work, but I if they go that route it might be more like a Creator 2 in 1 set where you have the pieces to build either a proper Wayne Manor or the Jokerized version.

5 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

That would be awesome, that being said, we could always Bricklink the Joker pieces to Jokerize it. I could see a TON of Mods being made that way. Either way, if its a regular or Joker version, its a MUST BUY. Heck, I bought 2 Arkhams, and made one nice big one, outta them, so most likely I would buy at least 2 Wayne Manors, possibly even 3 or 4, if its done really well. I would make it huge, and full interiors, as well. Honestly, I like my buildings, which I usually always turn into Gotham city buildings, to have fully accessed interiors. I mod all my Modular buildings to not have floors removed, but instead I remove the rear walls, and make it so they can be hinged open, usually combining 2 or 3 together. Will probably do the same with the Wayne Manor, IF it really is the D2C.

17 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Will Wayne Manor be modular though?

That would be cool.  Or maybe something more to scale with the Disney Castle with a big Batcave underneath.  I think I prefer the Modular idea, though.

I'd be happy if they got creative with Wayne Manor and made it more like the old Kenner Wayne Manor playset for action figures where it opened in the middle and "half" of it was Wayne Manor and the other half was the Batcave. So, sort of like the Monster Fighters Haunted House, except instead of simply ending up with two halves of the "house", one half would be the interior of Wayne Manor and the other half would be the Batcave. I know it wouldn't be screen accurate and they'd have to get creatively with blocking up the windows on the "Batcave" side, but I think it would offer the most playability.

Then again, as it's a D2C and likely to be expensive, they're probably not too worried about aiming it towards children. As such, perhaps they'll just go ALL Wayne Manor, with simply a small secret entrance to the Batcave.

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

I'd be happy if they got creative with Wayne Manor and made it more like the old Kenner Wayne Manor playset for action figures where it opened in the middle and "half" of it was Wayne Manor and the other half was the Batcave. So, sort of like the Monster Fighters Haunted House, except instead of simply ending up with two halves of the "house", one half would be the interior of Wayne Manor and the other half would be the Batcave. I know it wouldn't be screen accurate and they'd have to get creatively with blocking up the windows on the "Batcave" side, but I think it would offer the most playability.

Then again, as it's a D2C and likely to be expensive, they're probably not too worried about aiming it towards children. As such, perhaps they'll just go ALL Wayne Manor, with simply a small secret entrance to the Batcave.

A small secret entrance would actually be really nice. Maybe they could include a little piece of the Batcave that attaches to the Manor somehow. 

I really hope it's all Wayne Manor and no Batcave. We've had Batcaves before, but outside of the small room in the 1966 show Batcave there hasn't ever been anything for Wayne Manor. Especially considering we just got a Batcave in the first wave, which will probably stick around to be alongside this set.

So how legit are the 2nd CMF wave rumours? Because there are BOXES of them still in the shops around me. Hell, the UK Lego.com store is currently desperately trying to get rid of them at half price.

Just now, GeekByKnight said:

So how legit are the 2nd CMF wave rumours? Because there are BOXES of them still in the shops around me. Hell, the UK Lego.com store is currently desperately trying to get rid of them at half price.

The rumours are true. I've noticed lots of the first series around as well though, maybe they were overproduced and as a result the 2nd wave will be  produced on a smaller scale