Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, RyanMe said:

FWIW...

i just picked up the batwing, two face truck, and bane set from my local Walmart. All were on clearance. $65 for batwing, $45 for two-face, $35 for Bane. Not sure if these was just a local thing or what, but be on the lookout. I also picked up the ultimate bat mobile for 15% off at target the other day. 

Happy shopping!!

Thanks for the heads up. I got inspired by your post and decided to check BrickSeek for the Ultimate Batmobile in my area for Target and Walmart. I ended up realizing that there were 3 Walmarts on a 20 mile radius that had it at $99. I called one, they said they "didn't have it" and were pretty rude, the second one didn't answer, and the third one said they had 4. So I drove there, got there at 11 pm one hour before they closed, snagged some cotton candy ice cream sandwiches, and now the set is sitting in my apartment!

Edited by BrickHat

18 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

snagged some cotton candy ice cream sandwiches,

That's weird. Are those any good? They sound gross. 

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

What's wrong with you?

Many things.

I've been waiting for them during my whole life. Whoever made them deserves a Nobel prize.

I've never attempted Cotton Candy flavored ice cream before; maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just because he had no accessory don't mean he'll be CMF. As previously stated, Eraser had no accessory, yet had one in the CMF. Come to think of it though, the only character with no accessory in the CMF was Orca, seeing as she had no hands

Wait Orca is a female?

Edited by J4ck
700 Posts!

34 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Wait Orca is a female?

Yeah she is. I only knew that after looking up who all the characters were I didn't know when the sets were revealed.

Orca is Grace Balin, who follows the same animal-gene-based healing failure story as Lizard and Man-Bat.

Also, accessories are the norm for CMFs, but they're not the guarantee. Medusa and the Sad Clown were both in Series 10, yet have no accessories. Not everybody needs them or has a logical answer to it, but that doesn't stop them from appearing in a series.

11 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Im thinking Crazy Quilt will be in the CMF, he has no accessory.

Calendar Man had no accessory and he was in a set, not cmf

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

4 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Calendar Man had no accessory and he was in a set, not cmf

Basically, it could go either way. We know we're getting Hugo in the CMF while Boomer, Egghead, Condiment King are in sets. There are two characters in the Harley set one of which appears to be Gentleman Ghost. That leaves Clock King, Killer Moth, Dr Phosphorus and Crazy Quilt unaccounted for but one of them is likely the mystery fig in the Harley set leaving the rest for the CMF. There are all possible accessories for them, although they wouldn't necessarily be included- Quilt could have scissors, Phosphorus a flame piece, Clock King could have some form of clock and Moth could have a recoloured gun from the Retro Spaceman. It depends on who the designers think would be more desirable for the average consumers 

I just hope they use the ones that need dual-moulding for the cmf series. I have the feeling that they use dual moulding a lot more in the cmf series than in sets

1 hour ago, Borex said:

I just hope they use the ones that need dual-moulding for the cmf series. I have the feeling that they use dual moulding a lot more in the cmf series than in sets

They do seem to. That's why you see figs like Catman and vacation Batman with dual legs, but in-set figs like Tarantula have plain black legs in-set when she had boots in the movie.

27 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

They do seem to. That's why you see figs like Catman and vacation Batman with dual legs, but in-set figs like Tarantula have plain black legs in-set when she had boots in the movie.

There are a few exceptions though. Calendar Man and Poison Ivy had dual molded legs and arms respectively. Batgirl, Joker and Robin did as well but they're main characters so it makes sense

Does anyone have any tips on getting the Arkham Asylum at the biggest discount possible? I don't have much experience with Toys R Us. Should I wait for Black Friday? Does anyone think it might go on clearance at some point, or am I risking the aftermarket prices instead?

It's exclusive to Toys R Us here in the states, so I don't suspect you'll get it from them for much less than 20% or 30% (maybe a BOGO 40% off sale) off. That said, Black Friday/Cyber Monday will be good times to check.

Edited by K_Tiger

23 hours ago, J4ck said:

Ohhhh fair enough then. It would look nice but it'll be expensive. Wait a second White Glow pieces are white when it is light, what if that is the all-White Minifigure in Harley's truck set?

@Duncan Young I'm talking about the Dr Phosphorus Minifigure by the way.

Just now, J4ck said:

@Duncan Young I'm talking about the Dr Phosphorus Minifigure by the way.

Indeed, however, Phosphorus is more likely to be the green @Tragic Banjo suggested. As Gentleman Ghost is a completely white fig (save for a transparent head) he fits the bill better, 

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

Indeed, however, Phosphorus is more likely to be the green @Tragic Banjo suggested. As Gentleman Ghost is a completely white fig (save for a transparent head) he fits the bill better, 

Fair enough OR the figure could be prelim, COME ON PRELIM!!

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

It's exclusive to Toys R Us here in the states, so I don't suspect you'll get it from them for much less than 20% or 30% (maybe a BOGO 40% off sale) off. That said, Black Friday/Cyber Monday will be good times to check.

Thanks. I'm pissed that I missed their 20% off Lego Batman sale last month. Do you think a sale like that could happen again at some point before the set is retired?

Thanks. I'm pissed that I missed their 20% off Lego Batman sale last month. Do you think a sale like that could happen again at some point before the set is retired?

I would think they would do one to make some room for the second wave of sets, or to move a little more stock during the Christmas shopping season.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Amazon has the first 10 wide release sets at 20% off.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I would think they would do one to make some room for the second wave of sets, or to move a little more stock during the Christmas shopping season.

That is true. I might hold on. Thanks!

Just now, The EthStu said:

Amazon has the first 10 wide release sets at 20% off.

Thanks, I already took advantage of a bunch of those discounts. It's the damn exclusivity of the Asylum that is driving me crazy! That one doesn't seem to see a discount on Amazon.

There was 20% off at Target in Australia, so I picked up all four of the larger sets. The scarecrow set was only a few dollars off, so I'll pick that up next time I see it

ATTN:  To anyone who is looking for the Ultimate Batmobile on sale at Wal-Mart, etc.

Per LEGO regs, that set is not supposed to be discounted ANYWHERE. So jump on any sales you see before people get in trouble and prices go back up

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

ATTN:  To anyone who is looking for the Ultimate Batmobile on sale at Wal-Mart, etc.

Per LEGO regs, that set is not supposed to be discounted ANYWHERE. So jump on any sales you see before people get in trouble and prices go back up

Woah! Guess I should count myself lucky that I found the discount seemingly on the day it started. Just because I sometimes wait for discounts on large sets, any clue as to which sets can be discounted and which can't?

I wish Bruce Wayne appears in some of the future sets... I can only afford one of the more expensive sets (Which i picked to be the Ultimate Batmobile), so i can't buy the Batcave.  Oh well....here come the BOOTLEGS! *Insert creepy music*