Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Phosphorus would need a GIDT body. That's too expensive for a CMF. The S14 Specter only had a GITD face, not even the whole head.

Have Lego done a complete GITD torso/arms/legs before? I seem to recall Paris Custom Bricks trying it for his Spectre custom minifig and eventually only going down the route of the head.

5 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Have Lego done a complete GITD torso/arms/legs before? I seem to recall Paris Custom Bricks trying it for his Spectre custom minifig and eventually only going down the route of the head.

The Mummy for the Monster Hunters line was I think. 

Edited by Hulk_Smash

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Phosphorus would need a GIDT body. That's too expensive for a CMF. The S14 Specter only had a GITD face, not even the whole head.

Actually there are entire GITD pieces, they are called White Glow, search the colour on https://www.brickset.com.

Edited by J4ck
https://brickset.com/parts/colour-White-Glow

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Actually there are entire GITD pieces, they are called White Glow, search the colour on https://www.brickset.com.

Yeah Spectre definitely had a complete GITD head, I remember thinking it was pretty cool when I got him. Still like the Extremis soldier and Aldrich Killian from the Marvel line because of it haha, must be my inner child.

Would still like to see a complete torso/legs in the same GITD finish though. I looked up the Mummy minifig but it only see to be certain parts that glow like it's a print instead of full piece.

12 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ya I can't see Gentlemen Ghost being in the CMF because I doubt they'd offer the hair mold for such a cheap price 

Why would the piece being in a cheap figure packet prevent Lego from making him in the CMF? They often put rare and useful parts in the CMF series. 

FWIW...

i just picked up the batwing, two face truck, and bane set from my local Walmart. All were on clearance. $65 for batwing, $45 for two-face, $35 for Bane. Not sure if these was just a local thing or what, but be on the lookout. I also picked up the ultimate bat mobile for 15% off at target the other day. 

Happy shopping!!

46 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why would the piece being in a cheap figure packet prevent Lego from making him in the CMF? They often put rare and useful parts in the CMF series. 

Shoot, how many parts have ONLY shown up in the CMF line?

On July 11, 2017 at 8:12 AM, steveholt said:

I'm just so happy we're getting Egghead

Yes, please let Egghead be more than a rumor. 

4 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Yeah Spectre definitely had a complete GITD head

The one I own has only a GITD face, not the whole head :look:

I mean, Phosporous wouldn't need a glow-in-the-dark body. They could easily just use lime green, even though it might not be nearly as impressive. Besides, if he did glow, he'd look terrible when not in the dark- their only glow color is off-white, which isn't what he should look like in the daylight.

Just now, 8BrickMario said:

I mean, Phosporous wouldn't need a glow-in-the-dark body. They could easily just use lime green, even though it might not be nearly as impressive. Besides, if he did glow, he'd look terrible when not in the dark- their only glow color is off-white, which isn't what he should look like in the daylight.

True. The Skeletrons in The LEGO Movie were chrome silver on screen but grey in the actual sets, so clearly it isn't always necessary to match the on-screen color exactly. I think my preference for the actual Phosphorous figure would be Spring Yellowish Green though.

1 minute ago, Tragic Banjo said:

True. The Skeletrons in The LEGO Movie were chrome silver on screen but grey in the actual sets, so clearly it isn't always necessary to match the on-screen color exactly. I think my preference for the actual Phosphorous figure would be Spring Yellowish Green though.

I'd forgotten about that colour. Yeah, that's definitely the best choice we have. 

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

FWIW...

i just picked up the batwing, two face truck, and bane set from my local Walmart. All were on clearance. $65 for batwing, $45 for two-face, $35 for Bane. Not sure if these was just a local thing or what, but be on the lookout. I also picked up the ultimate bat mobile for 15% off at target the other day. 

Happy shopping!!

Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

FWIW...

Happy shopping!!

Looks like you lucked up. Walmart clearances have a lot of managerial discretion involved. Brickseek does tell me there's a Wally World down the road a stretch that has the Scuttler for $49, so I may go get one. Also looks like several in the area have the Ultimate Batmobile for $99. Only want the Monkeys, though.

Edited by K_Tiger

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Like the lobster piece, it was brand new!

53 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

In the movie, not his whole body glows, I think I'm right? So they could use a colour torso and use GITD paint to paint the GITD areas.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

In the movie, not his whole body glows, I think I'm right? So they could use a colour torso and use GITD paint to paint the GITD areas.

I'd almost want to see him with trans-neon green head and limbs.He'd really pop under blacklight.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Like the lobster piece, it was brand new!

His body glows while the skeleton (printed on) does not. So it would have to be entire body pieces with the black print over it not glowing.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

His body glows while the skeleton (printed on) does not. So it would have to be entire body pieces with the black print over it not glowing.

Ohhhh fair enough then. It would look nice but it'll be expensive. Wait a second White Glow pieces are white when it is light, what if that is the all-White Minifigure in Harley's truck set?

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Brickseek does tell me there's a Wally World down the road a stretch that has the Scuttler for $49, so I may go get one.

If you become a new member of Jet.com, you can get it for slightly less than that. I just did! :sweet:

22 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I really think he and Crazy Quilt will be in the Harley truck 

I assume Phosphorus and Clock King will be CMF

Im thinking Crazy Quilt will be in the CMF, he has no accessory.

19 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Im thinking Crazy Quilt will be in the CMF, he has no accessory.

Just because he had no accessory don't mean he'll be CMF. As previously stated, Eraser had no accessory, yet had one in the CMF. Come to think of it though, the only character with no accessory in the CMF was Orca, seeing as she had no hands

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just because he had no accessory don't mean he'll be CMF. As previously stated, Eraser had no accessory, yet had one in the CMF. Come to think of it though, the only character with no accessory in the CMF was Orca, seeing as she had no hands

True. :thumbup: