Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, blackknightrises said:

Maybe it is just in the states because it showing up for me as retiring soon as well. I wonder why it already got marked with that label.

Wouldn't be so daunting if it were, I don't know- discounted? 

It wouldn't surprise me - half of the sets got heavily discounted here in the UK in places like Tesco. I saw people picking up the Batmobile and Jokers Lowrider for £10! I only need Killer Crocs set from that wave and it's currently sat at £46 on Amazon so I might pull the trigger on pay day. 

Not TLBM related, but the Captain America jet also got heavily discounted recently too - £5 instead of £20 in ASDA! 

The Kiss Kiss keyring has been removed from Argos! Damn I hadn't gone round to get one yet :hmpf_bad:

also it's not just the Batman Movie theme that's being heavily discounted in the U.K., almost every theme is like that now days over here, not that I'm complaining! It's not worth getting sets within atleast a month after release over here any more.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The Kiss Kiss keyring has been removed from Argos! Damn I hadn't gone round to get one yet :hmpf_bad:

also it's not just the Batman Movie theme that's being heavily discounted in the U.K., almost every theme is like that now days over here, not that I'm complaining! It's not worth getting sets within atleast a month after release over here any more.

Apparently the Kiss Kiss Batman key chain is still available in store at Argos but they've bumped the price up to £4.99! That's what I've read elsewhere anyway.

Agreed with not getting stuff upon release anymore too. I've got all the outstanding sets on Amazon put into a list so I can see how much % each one has dropped by.

12 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Agreed with not getting stuff upon release anymore too. I've got all the outstanding sets on Amazon put into a list so I can see how much % each one has dropped by.

Same, but I use pricespy too.

So, the 3 waves will be released on 2017

That's uncommon, right? A theme with 3 waves in the same year

I wonder if Series 2 will be also released on December 1st, just in time for the Christmas craze

Edited by Robert8

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if Series 2 will be also released on December 1st, just in time for the Christmas craze

Hmmm yeea. It's weird, any word about the regular DC sets for 2018? 

Would love if the 3rd wave includes Two Face or Poison Ivy in a cheaper set, but I feel like that's very unlikely. 

I think we are done with Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two Face and all the villains who already appeared twice.

I think there are chances to get another Mr Frezze somewhere, but other than that, the third wave seems to be focused on the minor villains

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think we are done with Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two Face and all the villains who already appeared twice.

I think there are chances to get another Mr Frezze somewhere, but other than that, the third wave seems to be focused on the minor villains

Poison Ivy at least would have the biggest chance at reappearing I would think, all the others had their own set/s, but Ivy only appeared in the Shuttler, they could still be some hope yet

I'm holding out they hope we get a cheap Ivy set. Her figure is gorgeous. Definitely one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I'm waiting out just Bricklinking her on the off chance she'll get a cheaper re release. 

Something interesting I noticed the other day, she's the only "main" Batman villain who has never carried her own set. Of the original Batman theme, every rogue got their own set, excluding her, Bane and The Riddler. Those two late wound up getting their own sets with the Super Heroes line, but Ivy still remains exclusive to (expensive) sets that include multiple members of Batman's rogue gallery. 

A third wave would be the perfect chance to fix that.

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

I'm holding out they hope we get a cheap Ivy set. Her figure is gorgeous. Definitely one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I'm waiting out just Bricklinking her on the off chance she'll get a cheaper re release. 

Something interesting I noticed the other day, she's the only "main" Batman villain who has never carried her own set. Of the original Batman theme, every rogue got their own set, excluding her, Bane and The Riddler. Those two late wound up getting their own sets with the Super Heroes line, but Ivy still remains exclusive to (expensive) sets that include multiple members of Batman's rogue gallery. 

A third wave would be the perfect chance to fix that.

She surprised me as one of my favorite minifigs of the line, something I wasn't expecting. I swapped the face with the previous face her minifigs used as my favorite combo, and it also allows one of the old style duplicates a way to stand out.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:06 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Can someone post a pic of the Two Face front loader and Bane Truck side by side?

Pretty please?

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

All the sets are classed as 2018 but are released in December for the US only. I'm assuming it so Lego can have a sneak peak to how well they do.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Pretty please?

I have neither set, sorry :(

8 hours ago, saysonder said:

You should probably just Bricklink her now then.

7 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Hahahaha. Atleast banjo gave the idea that there's no cheap set fot her fig which is sad loif.

any other hints?

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@J4ck haha thanks! Interesting size difference, Bane's tank seems to have better value due to the inclusion of the bigfig.

Bane's Tank is 366 pieces for £49.99 and Two-Face's Truck is over 500 pieces for £49.99, I can't remember the U.S. Prices :(

3 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Shame we won't get her in the CMF :(

3 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Haha, thanks for that. I'm slightly bummed about no cheap Ivy but now I can have her fig earlier :wub:

How would they give Ivy her own set? Unless they did the kiss-dodging scene as a $12 set, I can't see much potential for her (she has no vehicle or other screen spotight), and the penguins won't stack, anyway. I love the figure, but I don't know what they can do with her.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Ubers don't have as much representation, but most of them would have to be scaled down, so I can see why that didn't happen.