Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, GeekByKnight said:

Sorry, have these rumours been actually confirmed, or is it just some guy claiming it's confirmed?

It's already been confirmed by the one and only Delta. But prior to that someone already gave hints about what's coming. 

I actually didn't realize how excited I am about the Buggy. I actually sold the Buggy from the R'as Al Ghul set and I realized that I wish I still had it... So I'm glad we're getting this one again!

Actually it doesn't look similar, here's a pic for reference:

21 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Too bad the vehicle is the Bat Dune Buggy as it looks like a minor redesign and color swap of the one from the Ra's al Ghul set. 

Edited by SpiderJazz

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Actually it doesn't look similar, here's a pic for reference:

Looks pretty good, I'd definitely pick it up. The other one looks more like a Ninjago Cole vehicle

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Looks pretty good, I'd definitely pick it up. The other one looks more like a Ninjago Cole vehicle

True, if that doesn't have the batman symbol it looks like Cole's earth vehicle. I also like the TLBM's buggy because the railings for the cockpit is actually within unlike the other one. 

I'm honestly surprised by more LBM sets. Shops near me have LOADS of the CMFs still and a lot of the sets are reduced by 20/30% Either they WAY over bought, or they're not selling well here.

50 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

I'm honestly surprised by more LBM sets. Shops near me have LOADS of the CMFs still and a lot of the sets are reduced by 20/30% Either they WAY over bought, or they're not selling well here.

I'm VERY curious of, how the sets did on the market.
In any case, you have to consider: Lego has much more space for TLBM or TLM since they control income & the source material itself. Therefore they can probably invest much more into details like dual moldings, new molds...

On 5/29/2017 at 2:50 PM, Duncan Young said:

Did the writers give reasoning why Boomer was in the film? At least Gentleman Ghost anc Clock King, whilst Hawkman and Green Arrow villains respectively battled Batman in a few TV shows. I guess Batman's fought the Squad though? Still, it's strange considering we didn't get Firefly, Hush, Scarface etc 

Excited for the sets! Considering the size of the buggy in the film, I'm thinking that it would be  around £20 while the Mech could range from £30-40

He's got a pretty solid place in the Batman mythos. I mean, he killed Tim Drake's dad, after all.

To the people saying the new CMF wave is unnecessary, need I remind you that we're still lacking Crazy Quilt, Killer Moth, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Doctor Phosphorus, Hugo Strange, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Zan, Jayna, Samurai, Black Vulcan, El Dorado, Apache Chief, at least 3 Batgirl variants, Robin's Knightwing suit, and a good couple of Bat-variants, including the Beyond suit. That's at least 20 unproduced figures right there. 

30 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

He's got a pretty solid place in the Batman mythos. I mean, he killed Tim Drake's dad, after all.

To the people saying the new CMF wave is unnecessary, need I remind you that we're still lacking Crazy Quilt, Killer Moth, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Doctor Phosphorus, Hugo Strange, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Zan, Jayna, Samurai, Black Vulcan, El Dorado, Apache Chief, at least 3 Batgirl variants, Robin's Knightwing suit, and a good couple of Bat-variants, including the Beyond suit. That's at least 20 unproduced figures right there. 

And Chef Joker. :look:

Even if he wasn't in the movie. :tongue:

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

EXACTLY!!! I don't know why so many people are thinking that a 2nd CMF wont work, or have enough figures to do. Its actually, quite the opposite. Between Bat variants, and villains we haven't gotten, you could fill up a series. Plus, if its released in Jan 18th, that's only 6 or 7 months from the release of the DVD. Its still well within marketing time frames, and the DVD will help push sales.

Its a GREAT idea, and they WILL sell. Granted, I live in the NYC/NJ area, but the stores around me, like TRUs, and such, had DOZENS of FULL CMF series sets, and they have been long sold out, with none left. Also, the 2 or 3 TRU's around me, put the latest LBM series on the shelves early, because the 1st wave sets have been selling so good, they needed to put something on the shelves.

I can't complain given what this theme has given us this year, but still, we only got two different types of new Trans-yellow canopies across the two waves for this year, those being the brand new windshield piece for the Batmobile and printed and unprinted smaller X Wing canopies. Don't get me wrong, they're both great and getting three of the X Wing canopies in The Ultimate Batmobile is icing on the cake, but I look at The Scuttler and wonder how come designers had left the pilot cockpit and engine cover canopies just in Trans-Black. Perhaps they would have stuck out in an unsightly way though, so maybe they might have originally been considered. :sad:

Looking at the Bat vehicles featured in the Making of TLBM book, they should have given the Bathawk helicopter (if it is indeed coming in a third wave set) a Trans-yellow canopy to make up for the Scuttler's missed opportunity of producing that same canopy in that color.

Anyways, enough rambling from a slightly disgruntled part time Classic Spacer. :pir-hmpf:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Anyways, enough rambling from a slightly disgruntled part time Classic Spacer. :pir-hmpf:

My thoughts exactly - but at least we did get several new elements in glorious trans-yellow - and that Batwing cockpit would fit in perfect in a neo-Blacktron MOC.

Anyway, is anyone else a tad disappointed that one of the sets is Batman's Buggy? It just seems like a bit of a wasted set to me, especially as they could've gone all-out and included some of the unique Uber villains (Agent Smith PLEASE) like the Double Decker Couch of TLM's third wave, but if we really are getting a second CMF series I guess there's still hope.

The two new sets sound promising. I can't say I care for the Boomerang set, since I already have him from the Killer Croc set from last year, as well as the Dune Buggy from the Ra's set which seems to have inspired the vehicle of this set too. The Egghead set sounds very promising though. Assuming the Egghead mech is the one we've already seen, then this should be a good build. The figures sound great, too. Egghead, obviously, is in there, which is great, but Condiment King is even better. I hope he is indeed in this set, because I can't wait to get my hands on him.

As for this 2nd CMF series... I can;t believe it, as much as I'd like to. This would supposedly come out about a year after the movie came out, and with the Ninjago Movie hot on its heels, I would've thought they'd give the Ninjago Movie a CMF series rather than TLBM a 2nd one. If it is true, though, I hope for better figures in the second one. While the first one had some good ones, like Red Hood, Nurse Harley, The Eraser, Lobster Lovin' Batman etc, there were a number of figs that really didn't pique my interest at all.

11 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

As for this 2nd CMF series... I can;t believe it, as much as I'd like to. This would supposedly come out about a year after the movie came out, and with the Ninjago Movie hot on its heels, I would've thought they'd give the Ninjago Movie a CMF series rather than TLBM a 2nd one. If it is true, though, I hope for better figures in the second one. While the first one had some good ones, like Red Hood, Nurse Harley, The Eraser, Lobster Lovin' Batman etc, there were a number of figs that really didn't pique my interest at all.

Ninjago Movie will get a CMF series next September

Batman Movie Series 2 will be out on January 2018

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

The two new sets sound promising. I can't say I care for the Boomerang set, since I already have him from the Killer Croc set from last year, as well as the Dune Buggy from the Ra's set which seems to have inspired the vehicle of this set too.

If it helps the boomerang in the movie is actually the father of the one in the Croc set so they are technically different characters.

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

My thoughts exactly - but at least we did get several new elements in glorious trans-yellow - and that Batwing cockpit would fit in perfect in a neo-Blacktron MOC.

Anyway, is anyone else a tad disappointed that one of the sets is Batman's Buggy? It just seems like a bit of a wasted set to me, especially as they could've gone all-out and included some of the unique Uber villains (Agent Smith PLEASE) like the Double Decker Couch of TLM's third wave, but if we really are getting a second CMF series I guess there's still hope.

Yes, the printed Batwing canopy. :sweet: Others probably already have mentioned it, but you are the first person I've seen mention the potential Neo Blacktron usages for this printed canopy.

4 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

The two new sets sound promising. I can't say I care for the Boomerang set, since I already have him from the Killer Croc set from last year, as well as the Dune Buggy from the Ra's set which seems to have inspired the vehicle of this set too. The Egghead set sounds very promising though. Assuming the Egghead mech is the one we've already seen, then this should be a good build. The figures sound great, too. Egghead, obviously, is in there, which is great, but Condiment King is even better. I hope he is indeed in this set, because I can't wait to get my hands on him.

The Ninjago Movie series releases in September to coincide with the movie. I don't see any reason to doubt that another LBM series is coming since there are plenty of characters left and CMFs sell well.

2 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

If it helps the boomerang in the movie is actually the father of the one in the Croc set so they are technically different characters.

Not true. Both are Digger Harkness; the original is the New 52 look, and the new one is just his silver age look.

17 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Not true. Both are Digger Harkness; the original is the New 52 look, and the new one is just his silver age look.

Ah a good point, I was misremembering Owen Mercer's outfit as being the same as the version in the Croc set! But you are correct they technically are the same character just from different continuities now.