Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

41 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

No it doesn't. It is almost about to click together but the hair is this lower pointy part that ruins it. 

Ah, thank you! Too bad..

Jang's review of the Ultimate Batmobile really convinced me to keep an eye out for this set in the sales, for it has awesome texturing, great functions and neat parts! Also, I like the angular, futuristic styling of the Batbike included with Two-Face's Double Demolition set. :classic:

Ooh, I'm excited. Think how much awesome stuff we could get in a CMF series and a wave of sets. Wait, I retract that. I've seen what speculation can do here. 

But, even though I'm overjoyed that we get more stuff...seriously? It doesn't seem logical to me for anything, let alone a new CMF series and set wave, to be released that far beyond the movie's peak. At this point, it would almost make more marketing sense to unbrand it and sell it as wacky DC sets. 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Ah, thank you! Too bad..

Jang's review of the Ultimate Batmobile really convinced me to keep an eye out for this set in the sales, for it has awesome texturing, great functions and neat parts! Also, I like the angular, futuristic styling of the Batbike included with Two-Face's Double Demolition set. :classic:

34946721455_5071902b67_h.jpg

100% recommend The Ultimate Batmobile.  So good.  Took a bunch more pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/33865917@N08/albums/72157684372855875

29 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Ooh, I'm excited. Think how much awesome stuff we could get in a CMF series and a wave of sets. Wait, I retract that. I've seen what speculation can do here. 

But, even though I'm overjoyed that we get more stuff...seriously? It doesn't seem logical to me for anything, let alone a new CMF series and set wave, to be released that far beyond the movie's peak. At this point, it would almost make more marketing sense to unbrand it and sell it as wacky DC sets. 

They could't use the May slot for Batman Movie Series 2 because that would mean a whole year without regular series. And the September slot is for Ninjago Movie.

It's odd to release a second wave of CMFs a whole year after the movie release but they didn't have any other option

If the Batman CMF series were to hit in May 2018, or heck, even in January, we do understand that it's an entire year after the movie released +, yes? Not to mention that TLBM will have been made irrelevant as the current Lego Movie as Ninjago will have already come, and most likely will be close to it's DVD/Digital launch. TLBM will not be nearly as relevant for another minifig series. But that's just my opinion.

Curious, who and where did this idea of TLBM CMF Series 2 even come from? People have been talking about it for months, and it's only just become time for 2018 rumors to hit.

Edited by Penkid11

52 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Curious, who and where did this idea of TLBM CMF Series 2 even come from? People have been talking about it for months, and it's only just become time for 2018 rumors to hit.

It started out as speculation. But is it coming?? ??

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It started out as speculation. But is it coming?? ??

See that's what I thought. As far as I was aware, someone speculated it, then suddenly everyone blindly accepted that it was coming.

Just now, Penkid11 said:

See that's what I thought. As far as I was aware, someone speculated it, then suddenly everyone blindly accepted that it was coming.

The acceptance may no longer be blind, from what I know... :wink:

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

The acceptance may no longer be blind, from what I know... :wink:

Okay, if you know something, spill it. What's the point of holding back if you're going to tell us eventually. No amount of disorientation as this thread has seen is worth waiting.

Just now, Penkid11 said:

Okay, if you know something, spill it. What's the point of holding back if you're going to tell us eventually. No amount of disorientation as this thread has seen is worth waiting.

I have it on good authority that it should be coming.

4 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It was confirmed by @Itaria No Shintaku in the "Future Series Rumors" thread a couple of months ago

The 2018 line-up is

Jan 18.  Batman Movie 2

May 18. Series 18

Sep 18. Unkown licensed series

Edited by Robert8

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was confirmed by @Itaria No Shintaku in the "Future Series Rumors" thread a couple of months ago

The 2018 line-up is

Jan 18.  Batman Movie 2

May 18. Series 18

Sep 18. Unkown licensed series

A second LBM series is interesting but I'm not sure it's necessary. Hopefully we get some good new Batsuits and villains like Gentleman Ghost! Also, I assume the September series will be Disney series 2.

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A second LBM series is interesting but I'm not sure it's necessary. Hopefully we get some good new Batsuits and villains like Gentleman Ghost! Also, I assume the September series will be Disney series 2.

You'd assume incorrectly. Itaria also confirmed no Disney S.2 in 2018.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

You'd assume incorrectly. Itaria also confirmed no Disney S.2 in 2018.

Oh, that's a real shame. Hopefully more information on the second Batman CMF series comes out soon!

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh, that's a real shame. Hopefully more information on the second Batman CMF series comes out soon!

It'd be strange if we didn't get info on it soon.

CThis is great news. I am so glad they are making a 3rd wave. Also a 2nd CMF series, is pure joy. I don't care what anybody says, the LBM, and Batman in general, is such a hit, that the 3rd wave, and 2nd CMF's, WILL sell, and sell well. It doesn't matter that it would be a year sine the movies release, its still going to be hot. Also, in theory, its only going to be released 6 to 7 months from the DVD release of the movie, so its still within a realistic timeframe.

I am really, really,  hoping  though, that there is going to be this 2nd CMF series. I loved, and own every set/figure from TLBM, and the CMF series was my favorite part. A second one will be a dream come true. I truly hope this isn't just speculation, and the 2nd series is for real.

Edited by Dunedain

Haven't followed this forum for ages, but.... where should I begin? Glad that there'll be a third wave although there's really nothing I can think of that I want (unless they do something similar to the double decker couch set from TLM). CMF series??? I'm still not sure I believe this or not. It would be great to have another series although I fear the temptation may be too great depending on what characters we get and I may have to get them all!!! (Had to restrict myself on the first series to 4 minifigures, then 7, then 9, then I caved in and bought more 2 more which had started to appeal to me after seeing the movie) Self control sort of failed XD

There's certainly enough material left over for all of this to happen, so I'm tentatively choosing to believe in it, despite the illogical release time. Is there anything preventing them from having more than the standard amount of CMF series per year? I'd probably make the licensed series simultaneous- "non-canon", if you will, so they didn't interfere with the main series schedule. 

Delta posted two sets for 2018. One includes bat dune buggy and the egg head mech. Egg head mech has condiment king

Edited by Falconfan1414

Ha, looks like I wasn't wrong about the egghead mech and condiment king after all :) Looking very much forward to the bat buggy with Boomerang as well given that the smallest sets are probably some of the best of the TLBM line.

5 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Ha, looks like I wasn't wrong about the egghead mech and condiment king after all :) Looking very much forward to the bat buggy with Boomerang as well given that the smallest sets are probably some of the best of the TLBM line.

Did the writers give reasoning why Boomer was in the film? At least Gentleman Ghost anc Clock King, whilst Hawkman and Green Arrow villains respectively battled Batman in a few TV shows. I guess Batman's fought the Squad though? Still, it's strange considering we didn't get Firefly, Hush, Scarface etc 

Excited for the sets! Considering the size of the buggy in the film, I'm thinking that it would be  around £20 while the Mech could range from £30-40

Edited by Duncan Young

The Bat Dune Buggy? Odd choice. Ah well, can't wait until we get the Bat Space Shuttle, Bat Train, and Bat Kayak :laugh:

Pumped for Condiment King.

45 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Did the writers give reasoning why Boomer was in the film? At least Gentleman Ghost anc Clock King, whilst Hawkman and Green Arrow villains respectively battled Batman in a few TV shows. I guess Batman's fought the Squad though? Still, it's strange considering we didn't get Firefly, Hush, Scarface etc 

Excited for the sets! Considering the size of the buggy in the film, I'm thinking that it would be  around £20 while the Mech could range from £30-40

Boomerang is funnier than those guys.