Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Heads up.to those looking for the tiger suit batman and battlepod in the UK.  

Toys r us are set to put them on shelves next week. I have pictures of the store in Northampton...

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Well, they have to save some villains for the third wave :wink:

But is it actually confirmed?

8 minutes ago, Ellteltoone said:

Heads up.to those looking for the tiger suit batman and battlepod in the UK.  

Toys r us are set to put them on shelves next week. I have pictures of the store in Northampton...

How much is it? this will be a reason to lower down the price if in case. 

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Hmm? I didn't say anything but others might've :wink:

Ahhhhhhh.....:grin:

For those interested, and if you are near the NJ area. I just picked up the WHOLE wave at the TRU on rt 1 in Woodbridge NJ. As of 2 o clock today, they still had 4 to 5 of each set still on the shelves. Lol, I was so excited they had everything, I just grabbed one of each, and still am not even sure of the exact prices I paid for each set, lol. Also, the reason was because I had a 20% off coupon for any regular priced item, which I used for the big ult Batmobile set. I also bought everything in 2 transactions, to use the coupon for the most expensive set, and I also paid using a mix of cash and credit card, so it was hard to tell what everything individually broke down into price wise. I have the 2 receipts anyway, so I ill check em out when I get a chance.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw em. I grabbed all 5 sets, stacking on each other, and probably looked ridiculous. I quickly realized that I needed a cart, cause the sets on top were sliding off onto the floor, lol. Luckily I found a cart, and checked out. I was hoping there was gonna be a polybag floating around, or even included, since I bought so many sets, but nothing.

So far I have only opened the scarecrow copter set. I am going to literally put it together now. If anyone has any questions, just ask away.

Also, can anyone answer this for me, cause I haven't been on here in a little bit, Are these sets even officially released yet? I am just assuming I scored on getting them earlier, but maybe they are all over the place already? Have you guys seen these around, or did I kinda luck out today getting all of em early? I appreciate ya letting me know, and thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

For those interested, and if you are near the NJ area. I just picked up the WHOLE wave at the TRU on rt 1 in Woodbridge NJ. As of 2 o clock today, they still had 4 to 5 of each set still on the shelves. Lol, I was so excited they had everything, I just grabbed one of each, and still am not even sure of the exact prices I paid for each set, lol. Also, the reason was because I had a 20% off coupon for any regular priced item, which I used for the big ult Batmobile set. I also bought everything in 2 transactions, to use the coupon for the most expensive set, and I also paid using a mix of cash and credit card, so it was hard to tell what everything individually broke down into price wise. I have the 2 receipts anyway, so I ill check em out when I get a chance.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw em. I grabbed all 5 sets, stacking on each other, and probably looked ridiculous. I quickly realized that I needed a cart, cause the sets on top were sliding off onto the floor, lol. Luckily I found a cart, and checked out. I was hoping there was gonna be a polybag floating around, or even included, since I bought so many sets, but nothing.

So far I have only opened the scarecrow copter set. I am going to literally put it together now. If anyone has any questions, just ask away.

Also, can anyone answer this for me, cause I haven't been on here in a little bit, Are these sets even officially released yet? I am just assuming I scored on getting them earlier, but maybe they are all over the place already? Have you guys seen these around, or did I kinda luck out today getting all of em early? I appreciate ya letting me know, and thanks in advance.

That sounds like an amazing coupon. How did you get it?

34 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

They jumped the gun and put them out early. They are all coming out June 1st.  

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

That sounds like an amazing coupon. How did you get it?

@ BrickHat it was actually my "rewards" points coupon. You know, like if you have the TRU rewards card, and every time you buy something you give em the card, or your phone number, and based on how much you spend with them, every few months you get your rewards "coupon". It may even be monthly, not sure. Either way, luckily my latest rewards coupon was 20%, which was perfect timing for finding theses sets, lol.

Although, getting a 20% rewards means I must of spent a decent amount with TRU the month or so before, lol.

4 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

@ BrickHat it was actually my "rewards" points coupon. You know, like if you have the TRU rewards card, and every time you buy something you give em the card, or your phone number, and based on how much you spend with them, every few months you get your rewards "coupon". It may even be monthly, not sure. Either way, luckily my latest rewards coupon was 20%, which was perfect timing for finding theses sets, lol.

Although, getting a 20% rewards means I must of spent a decent amount with TRU the month or so before, lol.

Nice! Sounds like something worth considering doing. :classic:

Edited by BrickHat

Just now, BrickHat said:

Nice! Sounds like something worth consider doing. :classic:

Oh it ABSOLUTELY is. Its FREE to get the rewards card from TRU, so you honestly have nothing to lose. Also, don't confuse it with the TRU credit card. That's totally different, and is obviously just a credit card, but thru TRU. What this is, is called the rewards card. Its free to sign up. I did it awhile ago, so I cant say exactly how quickly it took to get it/sign up, but I know it was done right at the register, and probably takes all of 2 minutes to do. Its tied in with your phone number, and all you do is simply give your phone number, or the card itself, every time you buy something at TRU. 9 times outta 10 the person at the register asks if you have a rewards card, anyway.

So when you give whatever phone number you tied in with the rewards card, every time you buy something, it must calculate all your purchases, and if you buy a lot, you are usually sent anywhere from 10% to 20% of your next purchase. At a minimum, it seems like you at least always get a 5% coupon no matter what.

Honestly though, the way I look at it, is it kinda balances out, cause TRU's prices are most times 5 to 10% higher than elsewhere, but sometimes they are the same as somewhere else, and you really are getting a discount. You definitely should do it. Next time you are in TRU just sign up for their rewards program. You can do it right at the register.

35 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

Oh it ABSOLUTELY is. Its FREE to get the rewards card from TRU, so you honestly have nothing to lose. Also, don't confuse it with the TRU credit card. That's totally different, and is obviously just a credit card, but thru TRU. What this is, is called the rewards card. Its free to sign up. I did it awhile ago, so I cant say exactly how quickly it took to get it/sign up, but I know it was done right at the register, and probably takes all of 2 minutes to do. Its tied in with your phone number, and all you do is simply give your phone number, or the card itself, every time you buy something at TRU. 9 times outta 10 the person at the register asks if you have a rewards card, anyway.

So when you give whatever phone number you tied in with the rewards card, every time you buy something, it must calculate all your purchases, and if you buy a lot, you are usually sent anywhere from 10% to 20% of your next purchase. At a minimum, it seems like you at least always get a 5% coupon no matter what.

Honestly though, the way I look at it, is it kinda balances out, cause TRU's prices are most times 5 to 10% higher than elsewhere, but sometimes they are the same as somewhere else, and you really are getting a discount. You definitely should do it. Next time you are in TRU just sign up for their rewards program. You can do it right at the register.

Wow, that sounds good. The only downside is that TRU usually has prices a little above MSRP, but it sounds like a good deal with TRU exclusives. I'm surprised they give you a blanket discount on the next purchase. About how much does one have to spend to get the 20%?

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Wow, that sounds good. The only downside is that TRU usually has prices a little above MSRP, but it sounds like a good deal with TRU exclusives. I'm surprised they give you a blanket discount on the next purchase. About how much does one have to spend to get the 20%?

That's a good question, but I am really not sure. Off the top of my head, I am not sure if its monthly or quarterly, so then it would mean how much I spent in a month or within 3 months, and obviously that can be a big difference. That being said, I think if you spend about $100 or $200 with 3 months, and or 1 month for sure, you would get a 20 percenter. You are guaranteed a 5 to 10% just for spending between $20 to $50 with some months time. I just give my phone number with every TRU purchase, to get "credit", and whatever they send, they send. Not too sure of the exact numbers though, sorry.

15 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

That's a good question, but I am really not sure. Off the top of my head, I am not sure if its monthly or quarterly, so then it would mean how much I spent in a month or within 3 months, and obviously that can be a big difference. That being said, I think if you spend about $100 or $200 with 3 months, and or 1 month for sure, you would get a 20 percenter. You are guaranteed a 5 to 10% just for spending between $20 to $50 with some months time. I just give my phone number with every TRU purchase, to get "credit", and whatever they send, they send. Not too sure of the exact numbers though, sorry.

Thanks for the info. Might try something like that with one of the big TLBM sets. Thanks!

Has anyone saw the new book coming? With an "exclusive" minifugure penguin same design with the one in Batcave?

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Has anyone saw the new book coming? With an "exclusive" minifugure penguin same design with the one in Batcave?

Book or magazine; could you give some more details? I'm very interested, I really need that tophat! :wink:

11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

How much is it? this will be a reason to lower down the price if in case. 

they were £6.99 toys r us also had all of the new wave out already. Smyths toy store has had them on shelves for over a week now along with the new star wars sets. 

I'm currently making some Batman Returns MOC scenes; so the more Penguin/Batman content the better!

I love the Batcave for the simple fact that we get Batman Returns' duck vehicle although...talk about a random set! I don't remember the Penguin even getting anywhere near the Batcave :o

Sorry so is this a new print or just the same? Because another magazine called that Joker figure an exclusive but it was the most basic one from the Balloon Escape... 

@SpiderJazz Oh I never even thought of the uses for the neck accessory and top hat! Now I might get this no matter if it is exclusive. 

Edited by Ashnflash

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Sorry so is this a new print or just the same? Because another magazine called that Joker figure an exclusive but it was the most basic one from the Balloon Escape... 

@SpiderJazz Oh I never even thought of the uses for the neck accessory and top hat! Now I might get this no matter if it is exclusive. 

I believe it will be the same figure with the one in Bat cave. That's why I put "exclusivelol :tongue:

That neck accessory can be used for Vulture if he's not wearing the wings! 

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I believe it will be the same figure with the one in Bat cave. That's why I put "exclusivelol :tongue:

That neck accessory can be used for Vulture if he's not wearing the wings! 

I actually took Kraven's and put it on a minifigure size Bane to make a minifigure sized LBM version. But if I get another Penguin maybe I'll put that neck piece on Kraven so that he isn't cold anymore :grin: