Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Error404 said:

Sorry for the off-topic post, but when will the summer wave be available? June 1st?

I've got a thing for big figs lately and the Bane fig interests me.

Yeah, the release date is June 1st. The Bane figure is amazing and I like his truck, but I'll be waiting for the set to go down to around $30 before I buy it.

12 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:
  • Joker Balloon Escape: Great value imo
  • Catwoman Catcycle Chase: Nice figures but they're mostly reused from other sets and final model is small for $20
  • Scarecrow Special Delivery: Uninspired figures and build is too small for $20
  • Mr Freeze Ice Attack: Builds are a bit better but half the set is lame (Gotham Energy Facility part) which makes the set have poor value
  • Penguin Artic Roller: Way too small for $30
  • Riddler's Riddle Racer: The car is pretty bland, villains are nothing special apart from the Riddler. Too small for $30
  • Clayface Splat Attack: Better value than other $30 sets but only 2 minifigures included (1 is the regular Batman) also weakens it on the value front
  • Joker Notorious Lowrider: Really overpriced. Such a shame
  • Batmobile: Okay, this has great value.
  • Tail-Gator: Really overpriced. Even with Croc on top of the truck the set doesn't seem worth the $70 price tag
  • Scuttler: Box art makes it seem quite large but final model is a little bit skinny for the price.
  • Batcave: The size is okay for $100 but the cave itself is rather lacklustre
  • Arkham: Good value.

Great analysis...   But i would argue that 4 exclusive villains make the Riddler's riddle racer worth the 30$!     And I was Pleasently surprises by the Mr. Freeze mech!    Buy otherwise, I think you are right on!     

On the other hand, A lot lot of those minifigs made me gladly spent my money!   :laugh:

For those who missed out on the mini batwing polybag premotion keep an eye out at Target stores. This past weekend I was there and in the check out lines they have them there. I picked up two. they were priced at $3.99 each

Edited by Marvel_Geek8

51 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

For those who missed out on the mini batwing polybag premotion keep an eye out at Target stores. This past weekend I was there and in the check out lines they have them there. I picked up two. they were priced at $3.99 each

I saw them too. I haven't found any other LBM polybags, which is a shame since I really want more. 

The mini batmobile has been at my local Wal-Mart for about a month now. Just got the mini batwing this week at the local Target.

2 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

The mini batmobile has been at my local Wal-Mart for about a month now. Just got the mini batwing this week at the local Target.

Same experience for me. I got my batmobile out of sheer luck: I found about 3 polybags in one of my local Walmarts, and it wasn't the one I usually go to. They also had a lot of the Joker target practice polybags.

Edited by BrickHat

All of the Summer wave sets are available now in Smyth's Toy stores in the UK...
I picked up Twoface (£49.99) and Scarecrow (£11.99) set from a store in Northern Ireland and returned them to my local store in England for a refund when I got home after finding Toys' R Us sent me a 20% coupon for my Birthday while I was away...
Although they currently don't stock them so have to impatiently wait >.<

The batwing and mini batwing are surprisingly close really good design by lego

Edited by Cyclone_37

Picked up the Scarecrow Fearful Face-off from the TRU pop-up store in Cardiff today! They had the whole summer wave, but I'm gonna wait till the £50 sets become £37 on Amazon in a month or so. Really love the build, for such a small set they really do something impressive. Somehow both £11.99 sets are some of the best from the theme!

new sets have been listed on shop at home for America, the Ultimate Batmobile is considered to be $140 instead of $130.

1 hour ago, jake0324demo said:

new sets have been listed on shop at home for America, the Ultimate Batmobile is considered to be $140 instead of $130.

WTF? That's not cool... 

Fingers crossed it's just an error that's fixed before it goes on sale!

From sources such as Brickseek, it would seem that 70917 is priced at $129.99 officially, though it is increased for whatever reason. But, it also seems that Walmart is selling it for MSRP, according to Brickseek and a Reddit post.

sorry if this isnt the correct place for this but Fred Meyer stores are having their founder days sale with all Lego at buy one get one @ 40% off

i just scored the new  TLBMM (70913, 70914, and 70915) that were just put on the selves

Here's a Bane Toxic Truck attack review for those interested. 

Edited by Clx_45

Jang's review of the Ultimate Batmobile made me want it even more. I didn't notice the dots that wrap around Polka-Dot Man's legs or the Satyr legs on the Flying Monkeys! And the separated models are surprisingly attractive for what they are.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

Jang's review of the Ultimate Batmobile made me want it even more. I didn't notice the dots that wrap around Polka-Dot Man's legs or the Satyr legs on the Flying Monkeys! And the separated models are surprisingly attractive for what they are.

There are only a couple things I dislike about the set. I don't like the huge hole left after Robin's bike ejects, but that isn't a big deal. The other thing I dislike is that the Bat-Tank is huge and awesome, but only has room for a single figure. I think the back could've been done in a way that allowed more figures to sit in it, but it's easily modded. Overall, the set is amazing and I adore the amount of detail on it. 

The only problem I have with the Ultimate Batmobile is that I think they should have included new Batman villains instead of the Wicked Witch of the West and two Flying Monkeys. Whilst they are great figures, I think that there was loads of better villains that we could have gotten from the movie.

7 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

The only problem I have with the Ultimate Batmobile is that I think they should have included new Batman villains instead of the Wicked Witch of the West and two Flying Monkeys. Whilst they are great figures, I think that there was loads of better villains that we could have gotten from the movie.

Condiment King!

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

Exactly, and Gentleman Ghost and others

I think figures like that should've been added to sets like Bane's Toxic Truck or The Batwing. 

I actually just picked up the Batmobile at Wal-Mart! It was $129 there. I'll probably be building it later tonight, so anyone let me know if you'd like pictures of anything! 

10 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think figures like that should've been added to sets like Bane's Toxic Truck or The Batwing. 

Yeah, I was watching a review of those sets and thought it was a missed opportunity not to add new villains, especially given that the Toxic Truck and Batwing only have 3 figures each.

4 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

Yeah, I was watching a review of those sets and thought it was a missed opportunity not to add new villains, especially given that the Toxic Truck and Batwing only have 3 figures each.

Well, they have to save some villains for the third wave :wink: