Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Mine's face doesn't quite line up with the mask right so he doesn't look suave but looks more derpy. Yours?

I have the exact same problem, his whole face is a little lifted up. It kind of ruins the whole look.

48 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I have the exact same problem, his whole face is a little lifted up. It kind of ruins the whole look.

I did notice that with this cmf series, whilst designs were great, misprints and flaws were atrociously common. I recieved a broken pair of legs (for Gordon) and the most horrifically printed (Harley's) legs that I have seen, as well as other minor flaws such as a lopsided claculator visor print, and other shoddy print jobs.

Edited by LegoShroom

8 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Mine's face doesn't quite line up with the mask right so he doesn't look suave but looks more derpy. Yours?

There's a little scratch on the mouth, and an overall fuzziness, but that's covered up by the mask, except for the mouth.

I had misaligned head printing for both Lobster Lovin' Batman and Catman. Thankfully I managed to accidentally get duplicates of both with better printing.

Something similar happened to me with the S13 Galaxy Trooper. The faces are not at 180°

12 hours ago, linnormlord said:

So I'm not the only one who this happened to! My Clan of the Cave and Lobster Lovin' Batmen both had misprinted heads that didn't line up quite right. There was also a line of flesh paint across the Bruce head on Vacation Batman and a pink dot on Pink Power Batgirl's logo. I've never had misprints before on CMFs, wonder if there's something different in production on this one?

23 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

In other news, I got the Batrobe Batman the other day, and the face has a slight misprint. I was a bit disappointed.

Is that Lobster-lovin bat? If that's so, same goes for me. It looks stupid, the eye-band prints way too high.

5 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

So I'm not the only one who this happened to! My Clan of the Cave and Lobster Lovin' Batmen both had misprinted heads that didn't line up quite right. There was also a line of flesh paint across the Bruce head on Vacation Batman and a pink dot on Pink Power Batgirl's logo. I've never had misprints before on CMFs, wonder if there's something different in production on this one?

Could this be a symptom of production being farmed out to other plants ,instead of all being done at Billund ?

2 hours ago, r5-j2 said:

Could this be a symptom of production being farmed out to other plants ,instead of all being done at Billund ?

I am pretty sure that the CMF are not made in Denmark. I don't know if they ever have been. The plastic is also slightly different. Lobster Lovin Batman seems to have the most problems.

21 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

I am pretty sure that the CMF are not made in Denmark. I don't know if they ever have been. The plastic is also slightly different. Lobster Lovin Batman seems to have the most problems.

Pretty sure CMF have been made in China since the beginning. It's how they can easily produce all those special prints and molds, just like the bagged pieces in normal Lego sets.

China as a producer seems o.k. to me; I have bought seven of these without any problems ( so far), other production centres, such as Mexico, sounded a bit odd though.

More likely a feature of increased volume of figures being produced, ergo more faulty figures, I'd think 

Yep, my Catman and lobster bats both had oddly low mouths so I switched swapped them around. The only other QC issue I've had was my Harley's head in the low rider was very faded, first time I've ever had these kinda problems and for now it seems to be riligated to TLBM stuff

Fortunately, none of my cmf had any misprints. Were they common with this series compared to others? From what I'm reading quite a few people have had problems with figures. The only dodgy thing that happened to me with this cmf was batgirl's cape. Mine came folded in half in the bag. Wouldn't count that as a misprint though, probably just a packaging issue.

57 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Fortunately, none of my cmf had any misprints. Were they common with this series compared to others? From what I'm reading quite a few people have had problems with figures. The only dodgy thing that happened to me with this cmf was batgirl's cape. Mine came folded in half in the bag. Wouldn't count that as a misprint though, probably just a packaging issue.

Same, I haven't noticed anything wrong with my minifgures, although I have watched a lot of reviews where people have had misprints.

My lobster batman had a huge printing crack on one leg and I'm starting to see the same thing develop on both Clan of the Cave bat legs. Not to mention on the side of one leg there are all these brown paint spots on the skin color section. With all these flaws in the figures, it feels like this series was made by Lepin! :tongue:

Edited by JACKATTACKS

My local stores that stock the CMF all have the LBM CMF's on clearance now. That's less than 3 months after they first showed up in my area. Usually, CMF's tend to stick around for upto six months. Maybe all the printing errors among other things have meant that the LBM CMF's haven't sold so well. There is actually one store where I live which still stocks CMF series 15 but that's a whole other story.

Maybe younger fans don't know who the villains are?

I didn't know about King Tut, Zodiac Killer, Eraser, Mime, etc, before The LEGO Batman Movie. And they got just a few seconds of screen time

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe younger fans don't know who the villains are?

I didn't know about King Tut, Zodiac Killer, Eraser, Mime, etc, before The LEGO Batman Movie. And they got just a few seconds of screen time

That is true, but they look cool so the younger audience should like them. Maybe the series was only supposed to be around for the movie and then be done.

Dunno if anyone said this, but the blu-ray promo is the exclusive Batgirl polybag.

Just now, just2good said:

Dunno if anyone said this, but the blu-ray promo is the exclusive Batgirl polybag.

Is there an exclusive faceprint or is it just the regular figure?

Wowwwwww. What an incredible let down..... At least Young Vitruvius was actually an interesting variant... 

I think the CMFs going on sale is down to nothing more than the next series of regular CMF figures going on sale. 

9 hours ago, just2good said:

Is that the one with exclusive printing? thanks!