Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

31 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

The animation of Harley's hair bugs me. I get it's more interesting if it's moving, but unless it's a rubber hairpiece, it should have no motion to it at all. 

They bent the rules in a couple ways in this movie (such as using multiple cowl designs with different expressions when animating Batman). It doesn't break the stop-motion illusion, but does imply the existence of part variations that just don't exist. I'm not sure how I feel about that—obviously these aren't the first non-existent parts to be used in this movie (or even The Lego Movie), considering things like how many other minor characters use unique hairpieces or headgear, but nonetheless it still feels a little like cheating, especially for a Lego fan who can recognize that those alternate cowls or hairpieces just don't exist in real life.

The Lego Batman movie actually disappointed me a lot from an animation perspective. It just cheated ALL THE TIME. It made up pieces. It did articulation that was basically impossible or would look horrible from any other angle. The original Lego Movie cheated a bit but it wasn't nearly as much and I loved it for it. 

But the minifigures are amazing! I plan to collect most of them. Maybe not all the oddball guys... they really had to dig down for the most vague characters.

28 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

They bent the rules in a couple ways in this movie (such as using multiple cowl designs with different expressions when animating Batman). It doesn't break the stop-motion illusion, but does imply the existence of part variations that just don't exist. I'm not sure how I feel about that—obviously these aren't the first non-existent parts to be used in this movie (or even The Lego Movie), considering things like how many other minor characters use unique hairpieces or headgear, but nonetheless it still feels a little like cheating, especially for a Lego fan who can recognize that those alternate cowls or hairpieces just don't exist in real life.

I thought the cowl thing was done by altering the print under the eyeholes- just like the way his bandanna is printed with different eyes under the helmet- I didn't think the actual cowl shape changed.

27 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I thought the cowl thing was done by altering the print under the eyeholes- just like the way his bandanna is printed with different eyes under the helmet- I didn't think the actual cowl shape changed.

No, even in one of the trailers you can see the brows on the cowl change shape. It's in the scene with Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Everyone please remember this is first and foremost the Lego Batman Movie set discussion thread. Please take the movie talk, and the potential spoilers that arise from it, to the Culture & Multimedia forum. 

Thanks! :wink:

3 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

God I hated that end title.

I guess it's not for everyone. Back on topic, is the new faces Batman has in the Bane and Ultimate Batmobile sets on the same head? I hope not because that would mean more expressions!

6 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Wait what DC sets are those under the frame in the first photo? I don't recall seeing boxes that small with the Justice League on them.

The Green Lantern v Sinestro set had that box art. 

Edited by Robianco

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The Green Lantern v Sinestro set had that box art. 

Guess it could be but, the box looks too small. Also look at the gap between Superheros and Flash. :look:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/9/93/Screen_Shot_2014-09-29_at_10.08.36_AM.png/revision/latest?cb=20140929161639

Edited by Foxes Productionz

2 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Yeah... I noticed that Flash was a bit closer to the Super Heroes logo after I answered. Whatever it is it must still be on shelf.

I'd probably guess at it not being a brick based set. Maybe a keyring torch?

$_86.JPG

Edited by Robianco
Link of actual image rather than CGI

How deep is that packaging on top? It looks like there's some depth to the ones beneath the new frame/display. (I'm still guessing it's those, though.)

9 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

It's so annoying watching that clip and spotting the 5 or so villains we won't get unless they do a third wave 

LEGO Movie got a third wave and the Batman Movie is just as if not MORE popular, so it almost definitely will.

It's been a while since this has been discussed, so please forgive me if the answer is somewhere 20 pages back.

Does anyone know if either the Kiss Kiss Batman keychain or the Tiger Suit Batman will be sold in the US at any point? And has there ever been a keychain that wasn't also an actual minifig? I think the Kiss Kiss Batman may be a first.

10 hours ago, BeKindRewind said:

It's been a while since this has been discussed, so please forgive me if the answer is somewhere 20 pages back.

Does anyone know if either the Kiss Kiss Batman keychain or the Tiger Suit Batman will be sold in the US at any point? And has there ever been a keychain that wasn't also an actual minifig? I think the Kiss Kiss Batman may be a first.

Kiss Kiss Batman was available to people who went to see the movie in 3D at regal cinemas

Okay, this is just way too strange. Just opened a brand new 70909. Started building and noticed there wasn't The Penguin or his henchmen. I checked the box to make sure there wasn't two "1" bags. Nope. I then looked at the other bags. Not a single minifig piece-ANY- are in here. At all. Seals weren't broken, bags are sealed and correct. I don't even know where to begin. 

38 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Okay, this is just way too strange. Just opened a brand new 70909. Started building and noticed there wasn't The Penguin or his henchmen. I checked the box to make sure there wasn't two "1" bags. Nope. I then looked at the other bags. Not a single minifig piece-ANY- are in here. At all. Seals weren't broken, bags are sealed and correct. I don't even know where to begin. 

That's not good! *oh2*

Double check all of the bags and the boxes. Crafty thieves have been known to glue shut boxes and bags after stealing from them. I can't really see that being a production error, the chances of each bag being filled without its figure parts and then all those separate bags ending up in the same box is astronomically unlikely. Contact Lego Bricks & Pieces to explain the situation and get them to send replacements. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

That's not good! *oh2*

Double check all of the bags and the boxes. Crafty thieves have been known to glue shut boxes and bags after stealing from them. I can't really see that being a production error, the chances of each bag being filled without its figure parts and then all those separate bags ending up in the same box is astronomically unlikely. Contact Lego Bricks & Pieces to explain the situation and get them to send replacements. :thumbup:

Ugh...upon further inspection, it got pilfered. Evil. It didn't even dawn on me at the time. It's never happened to me. The seals were taped over with near exact tape. Bags were carefully taped back up. It feels violating man... I just can't believe this. But, I am glad it was me who got it as opposed to some kid. They wouldn't understand. 

It leaves me wondering how aware retailers are of this...or how much they care. 

Edited by Vindicare