Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

My only skepticism about that figure though is he doesn't have the white coattails like in the movie... Still looks awesome! 

Just now, Ashnflash said:

Ya and if you notice the other pictures have the stand in figures that you'd see at toy fairs. That has to be the official figure! 

I really hope so because I would love to get that Egghead figure! Also, some of those Scarecrow and Penguin designs are genuinely terrifying!

Yeah there is clearly a natural light reflection on some of the parts and the cockpit. Plus did any of you notice Harley Quinns Truck and cannon build on the left page of the egghead mech? Looks like the cannon connects to it in the official making of guide. Maybe the truck is an exclusive set or in the third wave along with some of the remaining villains and the rest of the bat vehicles like the "Bat Kayak" etc.

Please do not get carried away with set speculation. The Egghead mech is indeed cool, but you cannot reasonably say that it's an upcoming set because it looks "real" in a book.

Remember this is a "making of" the movie book, not a "making of" future Lego sets book. 

As these images are interesting comparisons to what we have received, I do feel there is merit in the discussion of them, but I don't want to see the discussion turn down speculation avenue. 

Be mindful of spoilers too folks! :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Please do not get carried away with set speculation. The Egghead mech is indeed cool, but you cannot reasonably say that it's an upcoming set because it looks "real" in a book.

There was a book a few years ago, it showed an invisible jet and a big snow treader vehicle for Mr Freeze that were in the same format, but neither of those were released officially. I think the build is real, but its a question whether it will release or not

They should make the Egg Mech vs Easter Bat an easter special. Free with your batman order :-)

Are there any other pages that'll show stuff we don't know about?

Here's some more looks - just uploaded a bunch of pictures to my Flickr and can't link them all, but here's some of my favorites:

Link to all photos:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/legozebra/

More TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shots

More TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shotsMore TLBM shots

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Thanks to @legozebra for the pictures! You're a god!

Haha, thanks - here's some more.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

They should make the Egg Mech vs Easter Bat an easter special. Free with your batman order :-)

Are there any other pages that'll show stuff we don't know about?

Bunch more photos in my Flickr account. I tried to take a picture of all set related things. There's a lot of other really cool storyboard and movie stuff in there too; it just doesn't belong in this thread.

Edited by legozebra

Mr Freeze a key character???

The guy didn't say a word

---

Those Bane/Killer Croc designs are really creepy.

It seems the set were originally circus themed. Interesting

Edited by Robert8

The Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face looks amazing! Also, the "plain" LEGO-faced one too! Do we know anything about that Cannonball Harley? It says that it was selected to appear in the movie.

6 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

I must have this.

As nice as all the images are, I do recommend this.

I got the book the day it came out for £12 and love it to bits. I tend to get a lot of making of books, and though they have lovely pictures and everything, they don't tend to explain a lot. This one does! Lots of useful information!

14 minutes ago, Catanas said:

As nice as all the images are, I do recommend this.

I got the book the day it came out for £12 and love it to bits. I tend to get a lot of making of books, and though they have lovely pictures and everything, they don't tend to explain a lot. This one does! Lots of useful information!

Thanks for the review!, now im totally getting it.

Oh my goodness thank you so much for sharing those pictures! I'm really, really happy with the designs we got of the characters. Some of those designs are incredible! I'm going to have to pick up that book! 

Wow I really love those Riddler vehicles! 

Yeah, LEGO definitely got it right with most of the final designs.

I am tickled by that "classic minifig" Two-Face, though. I do like the more subtle "real-life toy" aspect of the final version, however.  

And yeah, LEGO often makes sketch models in development for sets. But considering that they actually printed an Egghead and molded/sculpted a new piece for him, I'd be very surprised if he didn't make his way onto shelves in some form.

5 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Oh my goodness thank you so much for sharing those pictures! I'm really, really happy with the designs we got of the characters. Some of those designs are incredible! I'm going to have to pick up that book! 

Wow I really love those Riddler vehicles! 

Yeah now I really want that Riddler moped!

I love the signs referencing Anton Furst, Black Canary as another DC hero singer, and the Harvey Dent one as well, that last one is a bit somber. It's so cool to see all these designs! Interesting to see that Penguin had that larger, wider smile with sharp teeth that Joker ended up with, which now that I think of is actually a bit burton art style inspired. I am happy with everyone's final designs, except Man-Bat, I mean really? The design team didn't even bother or see any potential for bigger wings? Reusing the piece that Batman uses in his jet packs would have been perfectly fine.

I got the book today too!

Among other thoughts, my brother pointed out that if "Nightwing" gets released in a potential third wave of sets, the askew, goggled headgear piece (pictured in the book) might conceivably be able to be reused in a future non-movie-based Bat-Mite fig.

Another thing I noticed is that two of the unused concept Batmobiles look suspiciously similar to two of last year's "Day of the Departed" Ninjago sets (specifically, the Rock Roader and Titanium Ninja Tumbler). Knowing that that wave of sets had to be hastily put together to replace the sets for the delayed Ninjago movie, and that development of the Lego Batman Movie had probably progressed well beyond those early concepts by that point, I sort of wonder whether those two Batmobiles were reworked into or at least provided heavy inspiration for those Ninjago vehicles.

The book also confirms my suspicion that the guard robot from the "Batman in the Phantom Zone" polybag was going to appear in the Phantom Zone proper in an earlier draft, rather than merely guarding the Phantom Zone projector in the Fortress of Solitude.

That one Gordon design with the trenchcoat and the fedora has got me salivating. :cry_happy:

And one or two of those Grayson designs definitely look more like the classic comics appearance (specifically the one with the Gotham varsity jacket).

OMG some of those concept minifigures are amazing. And those Wig concepts for Harley Quinn are just fantastics. Love how they were going for Marie Antoinette inspired hair. I hope we see some of those wigs in future minifugres. Just wow. :wub: :wub_drool: :grin_wub:

4 hours ago, Cmay91472 said:

The UCS Tumbler and Shield Hellicarrier not impressive? High standards you must have. 

Neither was to scale for minifigures, I hate the micro aspect of hellicarrier and the minifigure selection for the tumbler was just too poor to justify the price for me. Don't get me wrong both were accurate to the source material but personally neither vehicle is particularly visually interesting and both sets were overpriced for what you got.

At least the book gives us confirmation that the glowing skeleton villain is Phosphorus and not Blight (Although they're practically identical anyway :tongue:

Edited by Duncan Young

3 hours ago, Shahennian said:

Gentleman Ghost, Hugo Strange, Condiment King, Clock King, Dr. Phosphorus, Crazy Quilt, Egghead... There definitely is enough potential for another CMF line.

I went through the list of villains we haven't seen, the rest of the Justice League, and a couple of the BatFamily variants and got an easy 20. Maybe we should start a petition..

That really IS a printed figure!! That's really exciting! I actually really love that Cyborg design, too, now that I get a good look at it. (It's a little unfair to put Green Arrow, the guy with his own tv show, in the same category as the Wonder Twins :grin:) I'd buy the heck out of that bottom left Batmobile, and I think I like that Calculator a little better (though I don't think those pieces fit well at all on studs). Those ads are hilarious (Musk of the Phantasm - BRILLIANT). I'm gonna buy that book. Is that on store shelves right now or..?

It would be nice to get Egghead (he should have been included with the bat-signal) and Hugo Strange. Perhaps there will be more sets down the line.

I'd like those Justice League members too. I love Cyborg's variation here, definitely matches his 80's costume. Too bad though, we likely don't have a chance at getting that one for a while since the movie version will be popping up soon. The others might have a chance next year.