Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Saw the film. It was great. So great I've bought the balloon escape and the catcycle chase since Saturday night. Luckily a snow storm has prevented me from getting more

19 minutes ago, tom20arc said:

Going to watch the movie tomorrow, cant wait :-D

Also the Ultimate Batmobile set is a must buy for me. Looking to pick maybe a few other sets from this theme aswell, which sets would you guys recommend?

I just finished building the Scuttler on Saturday and would definitely recommend it. I think it looks WAY better in person then on the box!! Good play features and a nice selection of minifigs too...

4 hours ago, dario2739 said:

It's a Lego movie original design.

Alfred has worn the Batsuit at various times over the years in comics and in the 1966 movie - usually to fool people into thinking that Bruce Wayne and Batman are not the same person.

Thank you!

Damn i just saw the movie.... one word: PERFECT !, i remember looking at the Ultimate Batmobile set and thinking "Wow that looks awesome i might buy it", but after seeing the movie ?..... now it's an instant buy

7 hours ago, julesvincent said:

I have a question: Is Alfred's black suit, that also comes with Ultimate Batmobile, an adaption from the comics or other sources from the Bat-Universe or did Lego came up with it? Thanks!

That design is original, but it bears some pretty striking similarities to Kato from the Green Hornet, which pretty famously crossed over with the '66 show back in the day and with the Batman '66 comics more recently! 

Speaking of, I really wish we got the other costume he wore instead. That one was a lot more fun.

7 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Just remembered that the brilliant Richard Cheese (in Lego form) is in the movie... brilliant link to BvS :wink:

If you follow him on Facebook you wouldn't have been able to forget. Saw him at the Forum in London a few years back.

Well now I'm glad I skipped the Speedwagon. The Ultimate Batmobile is an instant buy. Just shot up to number one on my list.

I thought about it. Unfortunately I was working on building something black, and I've already scrapped a bunch of pieces from the original set. :grin: If anyone does make a winged scuttler, I'd be quite interested to see it.

Here's a dumb question. Which set has Barbara Gordon in her "detective" outfit she wears in much of the movie? Why am I unable to find it?

NM, I found her. She's in the Arkham set.

Edited by linnormlord

Am I the only one who didn't notice the batman from the new scarecrow set has a printed belt

Just now, RM0B said:

Am I the only one who didn't notice the batman from the new scarecrow set has a printed belt

No you are not the only one. It already has been discussed, that due to the wings, that are straight on his back, there is no room for the new belt piece. 

Just now, notpennysboat said:

Hi, do the new molds made for a licensed theme can be reused in other themes ?

If they are relevant, of course!

11 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

If they are relevant, of course!

I'm asking this about the monkey head for a future theme about Oz. And when I was thinking about this, I'm wondering about some hairpieces like Alice, Ursula, Mr Incredible... Or the piece made for Bart, we never see this piece, it's a piece we could see in several themes like City, Junior, Elves. The same about the hairpieces in City or Junior. I like the piece made for The Riddle, I'd like to see it reused in NK or a castle theme.

Edited by notpennysboat

3 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I'm asking this about the monkey head for a future theme about Oz. And when I was thinking about this, I'm wondering about some hairpieces like Alice, Ursula, Mr Incredible... Or the piece made for Bart, we never see this piece, it's a piece we could see in several themes like City, Junior, Elves. The same about the hairpieces in City or Junior. I like the piece made for The Riddle, I'd like to see it reused in NK or a castle theme.

I don't think the Disney hairpieces will be reused outside of the Disney theme. 

From this theme, Batman Movie, I can see a lot of pieces being reused in other themes

Penguin's hat, Riddler's hat+hair piece, duck floatie, lobster, Barbara's cop hat+hair, Gordon's hairpiece, etc...

Has anyone done any MODs to Clayface to make him a little more bigfig or Mixel sized?  He's just soooo massive compared to the minifigs lol

1 hour ago, retrotaco said:

Has anyone done any MODs to Clayface to make him a little more bigfig or Mixel sized?  He's just soooo massive compared to the minifigs lol

I also want to see a smaller version of Clayface. A mixel clayface would be pretty cool.

41 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I also want to see a smaller version of Clayface. A mixel clayface would be pretty cool.

Does the 1x1 cheese slope (I think that's what I'm thinking of) come in nougat?  Cause the eyes are the only piece I think may be too big when Clayface is scaled down.

If there's a nougat 1x1 cheese slope though, eyes could be printed on the side of that by us and then a smaller version made.  I also wanna make a smaller version with an orange Arkham jumpsuit as a gag :tongue:

2 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Isn't he around the right scale?

Image result for clayface and batman

Seems close enough to me, a smaller one might not look as right.

3 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Does the 1x1 cheese slope (I think that's what I'm thinking of) come in nougat?  Cause the eyes are the only piece I think may be too big when Clayface is scaled down.

If there's a nougat 1x1 cheese slope though, eyes could be printed on the side of that by us and then a smaller version made.  I also wanna make a smaller version with an orange Arkham jumpsuit as a gag :tongue:

Not sure about the cheese slope, but i would just use 2 yellow studs for the eyes. I'm not planning on buying clayface but maybe over a weekend I might try to make a smaller clayface (unfortunately not in nougat as I dont have the  right pieces)