Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Had anyone got the Making Of The Lego Batman Movie book? The previews I've seen make it look like it might be a good source of info for movie based mocs. Can't find it in any local book shops to look myself.

Not for nothing, but 2.50 is a damn sight cheaper than whatever they'll go for on eBay.

Picked up the book today. Have only flipped through it but looks great...

28 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Had anyone got the Making Of The Lego Batman Movie book? The previews I've seen make it look like it might be a good source of info for movie based mocs. Can't find it in any local book shops to look myself.

It's not officially out until the 14th.

Whoops, never mind

Edited by Tragic Banjo

I picked up the rest of the villains in the minifigure series, and with points, it was about $20. The awesome LEGO store employee decided to give me the disco/clown Batman pack with it, even though I wasn't in the proper range!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not, but Hothbricks has posted a high-res picture of the recently revealed ultimate Batmobile:

70917 The Ultimate Batmobile

Two things I discovered in the high-res picture I didn't notice before: the dome in the Batsignal is printed so it actually throws a shadow and the monkeys apparently have tails :thumbup:

Awesome that the batsignal works shame that they chose polka dot man over the condiment king.

Also I can't help but think that better 3rd party villians could have been chosen.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

The making of book is amazing...definitely worth a look...

There is definitely enough material for another wave of sets and at least one more wave of 20 minifigures...

There are really good pics of the ultimate batmobile too and you can get a good sense of how it splits up...

The Egghead Mech is featured aswell so fingers crossed we'll see that someday as well...

Edited by Jonathan

I'm glad the flying monkeys have different face prints but they could have at least given us an alternate face for the wicked witch. 

Glad it's only 2 new minifigs, means I can just bricklink alfred and polka dot man. Transforming batmobile doesn't really interest me. 

Just from a quick count there look to be detailed designs for at least four more potential vehicles sets, nine villians and 15 Batman suits...

1 hour ago, Zergos said:

Glad it's only 2 new minifigs, means I can just bricklink alfred and polka dot man. Transforming batmobile doesn't really interest me. 

The two monkeys are also two new minifigs

After seeing the movie I have only one thing to say

Spoiler

I want that Nightwing Minifigure. I love that remold of the chima pheonix armor and want it so bad for my sigfig. Please let it be a thing lego

5 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

After seeing the movie I have only one thing to say

Hide contents

I want that Nightwing Minifigure. I love that remold of the chima pheonix armor and want it so bad for my sigfig. Please let it be a thing lego

Yes! i want the:

Spoiler

Nightwing minifigure too, they could make a small Wayne Manor with nightwing and another version of Barbara. Or include them in a second minifigure series.

I hope we get more characters of the movie that didnt appear on sets.

2 hours ago, Raflex14 said:

Yes! i want the:

Reveal hidden contents

Nightwing minifigure too, they could make a small Wayne Manor with nightwing and another version of Barbara. Or include them in a second minifigure series.

I hope we get more characters of the movie that didnt appear on sets.

The figure in question feels like it could be a giveaway with the dvd/bluray.

Saw (and loved) the movie tonight.

I'd say they have pretty much covered the vehicles... although I'd love to see the Egghead mech, but there were loads of figures I would love made so really hope they do a second series of CMFs.

Didn't expect everyone to be saying exactly what I was thinking when I popped by here, but yeah, that Egghead mech needs to be in a set. There's only a couple of villains in the movie that Lego hasn't produced already, so they could easily pop out two or three more sets to get us Hugo Strange, Crazy Quilt, Clock King, Gentleman Ghost, Condiment King, Doctor Phosphorus, and the aforementioned Egghead. Egghead's the only one that needs a new mold, too. Everybody else is just new printing. Maybe they could do the garage? If they can do one of the awful Halloween costume Batgirl suits they could totally do one more.

There have better be something unique about this figure, or else why in the world would they put a figure that's available in current sets (One being only $20 by the way) and add absolutely nothing else?! :wacko: Do they know that polybag collectors will buy it just for completion sake?

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Didn't expect everyone to be saying exactly what I was thinking when I popped by here, but yeah, that Egghead mech needs to be in a set. There's only a couple of villains in the movie that Lego hasn't produced already, so they could easily pop out two or three more sets to get us Hugo Strange, Crazy Quilt, Clock King, Gentleman Ghost, Condiment King, Doctor Phosphorus, and the aforementioned Egghead. Egghead's the only one that needs a new mold, too. Everybody else is just new printing. Maybe they could do the garage? If they can do one of the awful Halloween costume Batgirl suits they could totally do one more.

And technically a new Killer Moth.