Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

After 2 waves I think I can't believe Robin and Batgirl didn't get a vehicle.

Not even roller skates

I mean, this newly revealed vehicle splits into four, so it's essentially got vehicles for Robin, Batgirl. and even Alfred. Unless you were meaning something color-coded to them or something like that?

5 hours ago, eldiano said:

When did this forum turned so anti leaks?  I guess I will go somewhere else then

Some kind of deal struck with TLG that no leaks can even be spoken about. Kind of defeats the purpose. Oh well. 

33 minutes ago, 22kane said:

Some kind of deal struck with TLG that no leaks can even be spoken about. Kind of defeats the purpose. Oh well. 

As far as I know, discussion is allowed, just not posting leaked pictures.

Anyway, I think this one is a pass for me. (thankfully!) I'll definitely have to BL Polka-Dot Man, though.

Half the figures being re-releases is definitely a shame, but I actually love the look of the main build. I think I might need to pick this one up...

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Not even roller skates

Indeed. It's a disappointment. 

That set is pretty awesome. It reminds me of the 66 skin of the Arkham Knight Batmobile. The price seems a bit steep, but at the same time it's several vehicles plus a rather large bat signal, so there is quite a bit included. I'm not wowed by the recycled minifigures. I wish they'd put the other Harley variation in this set instead. I might have to wait for a sale, too many sets on my list to begin with...

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Not even roller skates

Well...

Spoiler

They don't even have vehicles in the movie (aside from the Batwing and Batcycle from the Ultimate Batmobile), so why would the need vehicles.

And technically the police car in Arkham could be considered a vehicle for Babs.

Edited by Penkid11

That Batmobile has a M-tron or Black-tron feel to it I think anyway.  Looks pretty cool.  Those flying monkeys are awesome though they are my favorite from the Wizard of Oz.  Overall looks pretty good. 

I'm more interested in the vehicle than the figs. What a weirdo! 

I love combiner vehicles, and Lego does them quite well. Both the Chima and Nexo Knights lines have had some neat ones before, but this one looks a bit (bigger and) better than those. The main Batmobile is enormous on its own, but looks pretty neat to me. I can't wait for pics of the thing split up.

I am very unimpressed by the figures. Batman, Batgirl, and Robin are either identical or very slightly different than in other versions. I already have several Batmans and plan on getting the Catwoman set, so I don't need any more of those three.  Wizard of Oz figures may make sense based on the events of the movie (haven't seen it) but not quite what I'm looking for from a Batman set, and I am not particularly fond of the movie or the characters/figs (it's a classic, I know, I'm a weirdo). I mean, the monkeys are (deliberately) ugly. Polka-dot Man is kind of similar - I had never heard of him before this film this Lego set (I missed B:tBatB), so I have zero attachment to him.

The only figure of interest here for me is Batfred. Anyone know if there's any precedent for Alfred dressing up in this Greet-Hornetesque costume in any media before?

So, it looks like flying monkeys will have minifig heads beneath printed helmets. Also Polka Dot has a new base? There is a spring loaded shooter (or two), but I'm not sure where, maybe on the Batwing. Plus, since this is 4-in-1, maybe the back has two Batcycles?

My main disappointment is that they don't give Batgirl and Robin an alternative costume in this final set.

I'm glad we get Bat-Alfred in it though.

The new Batmobile is very reminiscent of the hastily constructed builds from the Lego Movie, with what looks like a mismatch of parts put together to make something ridiculous, yet cool.

For anyone in the UK heading into stores to get the polybag today be warned stores only got 10-15 of them and many stores didn't get any at all. My local had none but the woman at the counter kindly rang the store in the next town to keep one back for me . 

"The Batmobile divides into four different vehicles — the Batmobile, Batwing, Bat-Tank and Batcycle"  (marketwatch.com)

I wonder what this Bat-Tank looks like ... the Batcycyle is probably pretty small.

I think the ultimate batmobile looks awesome by the way :)

1 hour ago, marv said:

"The Batmobile divides into four different vehicles — the Batmobile, Batwing, Bat-Tank and Batcycle"  (marketwatch.com)

I wonder what this Bat-Tank looks like ... the Batcycyle is probably pretty small.

I think the ultimate batmobile looks awesome by the way :)

Having seen the movie, the tank is really cool and the batcycle is indeed small ;)

If anyone is interested, I can later put up pictures from the instruction of the Toys'r'us minibuild. That one that looks like Emmet's car, but with wings. But I'm heading off to the cinema to see the movie again ;)

4 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

For anyone in the UK heading into stores to get the polybag today be warned stores only got 10-15 of them and many stores didn't get any at all. My local had none but the woman at the counter kindly rang the store in the next town to keep one back for me . 

Trekked out this morning in the snow with my son and my local store hadn't received any. Not paying postage for their incompetence. Whoever's running this promotion can have some of my abuse instead of money.

18 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Polka-dot Man is kind of similar - I had never heard of him before this film this Lego set (I missed B:tBatB), so I have zero attachment to him.

Wellcome to the world of shitty Batman villains. :P

I just recommend you to watch this:

Edited by josykay

Just got the Mr Freeze set. i got it for €27,99 (15% off the Original price of €31,99) and I really like it! At first i thought it was really small, but after building it is is a really good size. The new Mr Freeze is also really cool alongside the 2013 one. I really recommend it!

26 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Speaking of which, I really wish we got Crazy Quilt somewhere as well.

I'm still not ruling him, Condiment King, or Clock King out in a 2018 wave. TLM got one last wave after the year the movie was released, and TLBM seems like it may well be poised to be an even bigger hit.

I can totally see these guys coming out. I'm just back from a second viewing of the movie and they could easily finish out the main Batman villians as well as the key alternative costumes for the main cast with one more CMF wave...

Fingers crossed!!

Edited by Jonathan

Had anyone got the Making Of The Lego Batman Movie book? The previews I've seen make it look like it might be a good source of info for movie based mocs. Can't find it in any local book shops to look myself.

5 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

Trekked out this morning in the snow with my son and my local store hadn't received any. Not paying postage for their incompetence. Whoever's running this promotion can have some of my abuse instead of money.

Not for nothing, but 2.50 is a damn sight cheaper than whatever they'll go for on eBay.

Edited by GeekByKnight