Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I am not sure if that's the BEST Batmobile ever, or if its worthy of being launched against the wall, to shatter into hundreds of pieces, never to be built again. I am intrigued  by the whole 4 vehicle split up thing, but it just looks messy. Now, don't get me wrong, I WILL be buying it, but that's only because I am a DC completeist , and have to get everything. If money was an issue for me, I might have actually passed on this,  but, thankfully its not. That being said, this Batmobile, at this point having NOT seen the movie, is odd to me.

Polka dot and the flying monkeys are superb! 

The build reminds me a bit of late '80ies space vehicles.

The write up showing this set, said its being released on June 1st. I wonder if that means that all the summer sets, like the Two Face, Scarecrow, and other sets shown, are going to be released on June 1st too. Is this going to be the case, ya think?

3 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Love it. Although I can't help but feel like another villain instead id Batgirl would have been nice.

Well, there kinda is a reason why Batgirl is included ;)

Just now, Dunedain said:

The write up showing this set, said its being released on June 1st. I wonder if that means that all the summer sets, like the Two Face, Scarecrow, and other sets shown, are going to be released on June 1st too. Is this going to be the case, ya think?

Yes, all of those are set for June!

Lego just posted the official pic on facebook 

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

Edited by Robert8

These summer sets are so expensive considering how few new minifigures are on offer. I agree that this last set looks a complete mess and half the minifigures are repeats :sceptic:. Unfortunately brick linking will be super expensive so I will have to pick this up on sale. If it's over £110 in the UK I'll be pretty disappointed. 

52 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

I am not sure if that's the BEST Batmobile ever, or if its worthy of being launched against the wall, to shatter into hundreds of pieces, never to be built again. I am intrigued  by the whole 4 vehicle split up thing, but it just looks messy. Now, don't get me wrong, I WILL be buying it, but that's only because I am a DC completeist , and have to get everything. If money was an issue for me, I might have actually passed on this,  but, thankfully its not. That being said, this Batmobile, at this point having NOT seen the movie, is odd to me.

That is exactly my case too!    Except that i am totaly sure that it's not the BEST Batmobile ever!   

It looks neat overall. I would have to wait for more pictures of course. But I definitely am not a fan of the price or that half of the figures I don't need. So I'll likely look to bricklink the few figures I do need, which will still cost too much. Alfred looks great. Very vintage Green Hornet.

The vehicle itself looks really interesting. Better than most of the other vehicles, but since they are more affordable I'll stick with those I guess.

It looks really neat to be completely honest. I love the minifigure selection.

Edited by legonerd54321
Somebody already posted the official pictures

At first I'm like what is that monostosity? The front bit of the batmobile looks superb but the back looks too overcrowded for my liking.

7 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Looks a little messy to me but also interesting at the same time. Presumably the grey thing is a Bat Signal? 

Yes. It has a light up brick in it!

Edited by JACKATTACKS

After seeing the film today I am loving the Ultimate Batmobile.

Also I had bought the Scuttler set just for the minifigures, but ending up building it after seeing the movie.

Dangit, I didn't want to like it, for my wallet's sake, but I do like it. I hate that 3 of the 5 DC figs are repeats instead of new variants, but oh well. Alfred and Polka-Dot Man are cool, and although the WoO figs should have been DC characters in my opinion, they are at least quality figs. Once I see what the vehicles look like separated, I may mod them as standalone vehicles.

After 2 waves I think I can't believe Robin and Batgirl didn't get a vehicle.

Not even roller skates

I saw the movie on monday and I loved it, however it left me slightly dissapointed in the sets (nevertheless ordered Mr. Freeze Ice Attack yesterday). I felt that most of them lacked... something but The Ultimate Batmobile is just perfect. Great vechicle, light up Batsignal :wub:, and awesome minifigure selection: 4 main heroes (including Alfred who I wanted to get from 2006), Wicked Witch and her flying monkies and one of the most obscure DC villains. Price is a little hard to stomach but there is enough time from now to June to start saving for it.

Edited by Krulis

I love all the figures! I really like the builds for the summer sets, the prices are just eh. I'm super excited to see how this splits and I should be able to get it in June- if I don't get it for my birthday I'll probably get enough birthday money to afford it. What are the 4 vehicles it becomes? I thought it was Batmobile, Batwing, and Batcycle? 

4 hours ago, segatasan said:

Looks totally insane! Day 1 for sure :classic:

I would love to agree, but its probably gonna be a Day 184 day purchase for me. Sooooooo expensive, but looks sooooooo good!

I'm gonna need more piggy banks

Actually whilst saying that, I have no idea how much exactly it is, could anyone help a brother out?? :laugh_hard:

Edited by Quicksilver838

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I like the looks of that thing. It's so perfectly over-the-top, which is so LEGO Batman. And as a Wizard of Oz fan, I neeeeeeeed those flying monkeys. Too bad it's insanely expensive.