Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Really for me, the key missing characters that I'd love to see in minifig form are Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Black Mask, Hush and most of all, the Batman Begins suit. I have't seen the movie so I don't even know if Mad Hatter, Hush or Black Mask appear but they are certainly missing Key players. For a sequel or just in general I would absolutely LOVE to get Azrael, I mean Calendar Man's cape would be perfect for him and the hood/mask pieces used for the 2 main villains in this year's Ninjago wave I think would be perfect for his mask. Throw in the three-spike shoulder armor from the Shredder mnifig and you have yourself a pretty sweet Azrael. Woops, I'm getting a little off-topic. I got the Mr. Freeze set recently and I love it. I really love the new mech suit system LEGO has come up with for him and the Nexo Knight Battle Suits and I hope it continues to be used and improved in other themes in the future. I really want the Croc bigfig but the Tailgater is way over-priced and I don't find the set as a whole appealing. Looks like I'll just BL the fig despite how expensive it is.

At Walmart, saw cardboard display in front aisle with a bunch of CMF (+ 2x adult feelers in action), Batman mask, Joker Training polybag.

At Lego Store, saw Batman CMF.

Here I am on the Lego website wondering why I can't get the free Bats polybag to appear in my basket when I add stuff... took me quite a while to realise it was the 5th, not the 6th. Maybe I should go back to bed!

30 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Here I am on the Lego website wondering why I can't get the free Bats polybag to appear in my basket when I add stuff... took me quite a while to realise it was the 5th, not the 6th. Maybe I should go back to bed!

Yeah, I almost made the same mistake and was planning a drive to the Lego store. That would have been a bit awkward when I spent £50 and then asked for a couple of free Batmans at the till.

34 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Yeah, I almost made the same mistake and was planning a drive to the Lego store. That would have been a bit awkward when I spent £50 and then asked for a couple of free Batmans at the till.

:laugh: that would be a killer. At least with it being Monday tomorrow I can jump on the [/quote] and find out a bit more info about that GCPD pack coming back in stock.

EDIT: why when I type 'L i v e C h a t' but type it properly of course does it change to [/quote]?

Edited by Captain Britain

I'm still curious whether other figures might be saved for a third wave of sets (or even another CMF series). The Lego Movie got a small third wave in 2015, but didn't really have enough content to stretch the theme farther (since even if there were still unreleased brick-built subjects, most of the unique figure designs had already been released). The Lego Batman Movie doesn't look like it'll have that problem (what with the many unreleased villains, Batsuits, and Justice League members left to depict), and that might be a deliberate choice so that if the theme is successful enough to maintain for longer, there will still be plenty of content left to draw from.

20 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I'm still curious whether other figures might be saved for a third wave of sets (or even another CMF series). The Lego Movie got a small third wave in 2015, but didn't really have enough content to stretch the theme farther (since even if there were still unreleased brick-built subjects, most of the unique figure designs had already been released). The Lego Batman Movie doesn't look like it'll have that problem (what with the many unreleased villains, Batsuits, and Justice League members left to depict), and that might be a deliberate choice so that if the theme is successful enough to maintain for longer, there will still be plenty of content left to draw from.

They might have left out lot of the other heroes from batman sets, to give the Justice league movie sets more appeal.

Having seen the film, there are certainly characters and builds that could potentially be included in more sets. The main question is whether Lego see a need for more Lego Batman Movie sets. With the Lego Movie it was the end of sets for those characters. With this, there will be more DC sets, almost all of which contain Batman anyway. They may feel they have enough Batman stuff for January without continuing TLBM theme. 

I'll be vague, but there are a couple of variations I'd like to see.

Spoiler

I would love to see minifigures of Robin's costume from near the end and the costumes from during the credits. 

Edited by nikhkin

I've seen a lot of discussion for a smaller Batwing being released alongside the rest of the summer wave, however what about this?

dbf9795a883143789fd0a60223946972.png

Seems more likely to me. 

Normally the unrevealed set is something larger and exclusive to the Lego Store. This seems too small scale to me, unless it is part of a larger set. I could see it being included with the Batwing set.

Personally I think the Batmobile/Batcycle/Batwing combo set that has been rumoured is more likely. 

49 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Personally I think the Batmobile/Batcycle/Batwing combo set that has been rumoured is more likely. 

Yup.

59 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

I've seen a lot of discussion for a smaller Batwing being released alongside the rest of the summer wave, however what about this?

*snip of Harley's truck*

Seems more likely to me. 

Spoiler

I doubt it, 'cos I didn't notice it in the film. The batwing/batmobile/batbike combo thing did play a decently large role in the finale though, so that's probably more likely.

(note: contains slight spoilers for TLBM so spoiler tags hath been engaged)

2 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:
  Hide contents

I doubt it, 'cos I didn't notice it in the film. The batwing/batmobile/batbike combo thing did play a decently large role in the finale though, so that's probably more likely.

Spoiler

Plus we could get some more character variants with it - the costumes Robin and Alfred had. It would make an excellent set.

Coming back from the film (No Spoilers) they have got most of the bases covered I feel with the set selection currently available. In terms of the film itself, ITS INCREDIBLE, I mean truly a marvel (ironic) of a film, loved every second and was left wanting more films. Heaps and bounds better than the Lego Movie and that was my favourite movie of 2014 :)

Yeah, just saw it. Plenty they could make a third wave out of: infact, id be surprised if we didn't get a third wave that has minibuilds that fit together like wave 1.

5 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:
  Hide contents

Harley's truck can appear in a deleted scene. The DVD will probably be released by the end of the year. Maybe it will feature an extended version of the film?

Because I really doubt the designed that truck just for a picture in a book

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Nsk97 said:

The summer batwing set with Harley was originally said to be $30/$40 and it's actually $90 so it seems unlikely that the batmobile set will be $100 given it has around 7 minifigures to the batwing's 3.

Brickbros uk have a video on youtube  showing this and I have to say I won`t be giving Lego £85 for a Batwing, 2 small builds and only 3 figures...I think it is an outrageously over-priced set......

I would love to see the Ventriloquist, but I agree that the absence of the Hatter is very conspicuous.

Today, I picked up King Tut, Eraser, Nurse Harley, and the Red Hood in addition to the Freeze set (10% off for its squished box), and I'm very happy. Harley is my favorite (I just realized today she's one of the Batman villains with the most variants in all DC sets- four for this movie alone!), but the others are nice. I also got the Harley poster, but I need to un-crease it and find a place to hang it.

If you look at the bottom right of that picture Robert8 posted you can see where those Batman figures from the preliminary minifigures leak came from.

It actually looks like just 40 variants of Batman

GCPD Police Pack now showing as 'Sold Out' on the UK S@H store! I have checked with their customer services team though and the lady said they will be getting more in stock so just keep an eye on it and i'll be back, it's not gone completely. They just aren't sure of when the stock is due so it's changed from 'Out of Stock' to 'Sold Out' for the time being.

EDIT: Just went to place my order for The Jokers Lowrider, ended up getting the 'Ultimate Vehicle Kit' which they've updated their site with instead. Sorry wallet.

Edited by Captain Britain

4 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

GCPD Police Pack now showing as 'Sold Out' on the UK S@H store! I have checked with their customer services team though and the lady said they will be getting more in stock so just keep an eye on it and i'll be back, it's not gone completely. They just aren't sure of when the stock is due so it's changed from 'Out of Stock' to 'Sold Out' for the time being.

On the plus side you can still backorder the GCPD set even though it's showing as sold out. Just caved and ordered it along with enough CMFs to get the free polybag.

13 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

On the plus side you can still backorder the GCPD set even though it's showing as sold out. Just caved and ordered it along with enough CMFs to get the free polybag.

Ah that's annoying. That option wasn't on there before, it was literally just 'Sold Out' with no date etc. That's fine though, I've got £5 of VIP points due to pop up once my other order ships (ended up placing another order for more stuff.. oops!) so I'll order that up and some bricks I need from Pick-A-Brick.At least the £5 VIP will cover the shipping then!

Cheers for the heads up!