Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Got all 20 CMFs at my local TRU. They had a 4.99 price sticker on the box but they were 3.99 on the website. So I showed them and they matched it! It was pretty easy to feel for, but I did almost mix up the lobster with the crab from the Zodiac Master.

Overall a nice series. Orca's head is the best thing ever, it looks great on the costumed figures! My favorites have to be Lobster Lovin' Batman, Eraser and Calculator. 

21 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

That's strange. The only place I cannot find the Batman cmf series is Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is always late in getting them.

2 hours ago, jurrobear said:

Probably cause in the comics, Penguin doesn't go to Arkham when he's arrested but then again Catwoman is the Arkham set which doesn't make sense either so maybe they just threw that out the window.  

Actually, Penguin does go to Arkham. A lot. :laugh: 

I think Penguin goes to Blackgate/Stonegate, instead of Arkham

Same with Catwoman, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think Penguin goes to Blackgate/Stonegate, instead of Arkham

Same with Catwoman, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze

Actually Croc and Freeze both go to Arkham. But ya the other two don't. But I still bought 9 Joker Jumpsuits so that I could put them in my Arkham too. 

For all those people believing that we're getting that Wayne Mansion that appears in the Essential guide. Here's a nice look at what Arkham really looks like in the movie.

Just look at the size of that! Look at the Statue of Amadeus Arkham.... So if we get Wayne Manor don't expect anything close to that size. 

23 hours ago, Dunedain said:

I actually did this exact thing. I had the Penguin from the Batcave set, and the second Penguin from the Arctic roller set, so I decided to make an Arkham Penguin out of one of them. I had a bunch of extra Arkham, orange jumpsuits, from the Joker CMF's, but I needed the short orange legs to complete the Penguin.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of the micro DC sets, of the Killer Moth, and Batman one, and the Killer Moth fig comes with the short orange legs. So, that's a cheap, and readily available set, where you can get the short orange legs, and make an Arkham Penguin fig.

Perfect, hadn't even thought of this set!  Thank you!

4 hours ago, Mr Greeble said:

Actually, Penguin does go to Arkham. A lot. :laugh: 

I'd love to know what source material you'd cite to confirm this. Not trying to argue just genuinely interested.

Edited by jurrobear

9 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Actually Croc and Freeze both go to Arkham. But ya the other two don't. But I still bought 9 Joker Jumpsuits so that I could put them in my Arkham too. 

Arkham is a fairly recent edition to the Bat-universe, appearing in the mid-to-late 1970'a. Over the years they've all been depicted at some point, in some form of media – Comic, animation, movie or video game – of being incarcerated in Arkham... mainly because the characters have changed many times through the years. The Penguin for example was an eccentric criminal with a 'bird' motif to his crimes in his early days – now he's a full-blown underworld crime boss... not the comical fat-man he was. And look at Mad Hatter... his persona took a real dark twist!

However it is true to say that Penguin and Catwoman certainly usually go to Blackgate, as they're not really criminally insane.... just criminals!

Edited by dario2739

9 hours ago, jurrobear said:

I'd love to know what source material you'd cite to confirm this. Not trying to argue just genuinely interested.

Sorry, after looking at the books I remember him being in prison, I realize they are not Arkham, but hey, in Lego, you can put him anywhere! :laugh:

10 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

For all those people believing that we're getting that Wayne Mansion that appears in the Essential guide. Here's a nice look at what Arkham really looks like in the movie.

Just look at the size of that! Look at the Statue of Amadeus Arkham.... So if we get Wayne Manor don't expect anything close to that size. 

That background also appears very large in some TRU stores as a display. I really want to build some of those things... the gate... the truck...they are all so amazing!

11 hours ago, jurrobear said:

Well there are The Arkham video games, the Gotham tv show. He's certainly been in Arkham in the comics, but nowhere near as frequently as others.

38 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Well there are The Arkham video games, the Gotham tv show. He's certainly been in Arkham in the comics, but nowhere near as frequently as others.

The Penguin was in Arkham City because both the Asylum and Blackgate were consolidated since Strange's plan was to murder all of the inmates. 

its possible that O'Neil or any of the Bronze Age writers may have included em at some point but for the most part, when pitching a story you don't send the Penguin to Arkham. 

3 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Arkham is a fairly recent edition to the Bat-universe, appearing in the mid-to-late 1970'a. Over the years they've all been depicted at some point, in some form of media – Comic, animation, movie or video game – of being incarcerated in Arkham... mainly because the characters have changed many times through the years. The Penguin for example was an eccentric criminal with a 'bird' motif to his crimes in his early days – now he's a full-blown underworld crime boss... not the comical fat-man he was. And look at Mad Hatter... his persona took a real dark twist!

However it is true to say that Penguin and Catwoman certainly usually go to Blackgate, as they're not really criminally insane.... just criminals!

Ya it kind of bugs me that they're there... But LEGO put Penguin in the other Arkham and Selina in this one so I don't mind. 

Just to let everyone know that Batgirl looks different in the movie. She has yellow glowing eyes, where as with the minifigure you can actually see her eyes. Anyways there's a new TV Spot if you want to check that out a long with Jim Gordon also having the same trench coat piece as Barbara. 

Seems like to me that Lego always just sends all the villains to Arkham. Blackgate/Stonegate have never appeared in the video games or anything else they've done that I know of.

Well some of the characters probably plead insanity in court, but i agree sending everyone to Arkham every time is somewhat absurd. But it's Batman so I don't care!
 :sweet:

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Well some of the characters probably plead insanity in court,

Like Great White Shark! :laugh:

Just watched the latest Barbara Gordon/Batgirl TV Spot... and wondered whether the interesting looking guy stood next to her in the 'Bat-Garage' may get released in the next line of CMFs...

Sweeping_Bat_Cop.jpg

Penguin used to be obsessed with umbrella's, giant birds and precious eggs that guy was crazy nuts and used to go the asylum.

The 2000 and up Penguin is a straight up weapons dealer, with just a nickname because of his looks and the Iceberg lounge. That Penguin goes to Blackgate if he forgets to bribe the right officials.

Every other medium that  doesn't belong to the mainstream DC comics universe can send him were ever they like.

That does look a bit like Alfred's limo driver outfit, except with the bat logos and mask of course. This will be his second bat outfit if that's him.

22 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

Just watched the latest Barbara Gordon/Batgirl TV Spot... and wondered whether the interesting looking guy stood next to her in the 'Bat-Garage' may get released in the next line of CMFs...

-snip-

Next line of CMFs?