Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Hi guys. I've got the Freeze, Croc, Riddler and Clayface sets so far. Ordering the Catwoman and Scarecrow sets on Amazon later today. Which of the larger set/s would you recommend I should get. From £55+ 

16 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Hi guys. I've got the Freeze, Croc, Riddler and Clayface sets so far. Ordering the Catwoman and Scarecrow sets on Amazon later today. Which of the larger set/s would you recommend I should get. From £55+ 

Batcave is really underrated set! Loved building it and minifigures are superb , the only problem with the set is too many stickers. 

Target and Walmart near me are still picked over from Christmas with no sign of the new LBM sets. Might have to take a trip to TRU or Lego soon.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Maybe wait till Feb. You get a two Batsuit polybag on all LBM orders over £55 

20 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Target and Walmart near me are still picked over from Christmas with no sign of the new LBM sets. Might have to take a trip to TRU or Lego soon.

Good luck, TrU was priced at $4.99 and , of course, they're the only store anywhere near me carrying the darned things.

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Just got Joker's Baloon Escape and was dissapointed that Joker minifigure doesn't have back printing! I know he's supposed to be attached to balloons but he also comes in Scuttler set, so you can see lack of back printing. I mean coattails version is so much less detailed than Lowrider one, why didn't they give Joker back print with some jacket lines like DC Superheroes version?

Penguin and Alfred are the same...and let's not even mention SWAT Barbara.

I think the answer relates to some sort of creative 'civil war' at Lego. At least some designers just don't like detailed figures. When they design figures, we get the dross.

Just look at the new Marvel sets, there's clearly a different approach at work there. As I've always said, if you'll charge these insane prices you can't have lazy sets.

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

18 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Penguin and Alfred are the same...and let's not even mention SWAT Barbara.

I think the answer relates to some sort of creative 'civil war' at Lego. At least some designers just don't like detailed figures. When they design figures, we get the dross.

Just look at the new Marvel sets, there's clearly a different approach at work there. As I've always said, if you'll charge these insane prices you can't have lazy sets.

Yeah I noticed that when I was building Batcave set, and found it weird. Lego usually prints at least some jacket lines so minifigure looks at least decent. But I'm willing to let Alfred and Penguin slip, but Joker is THE MAIN BAD GUY of the movie! Just a few lines on the back of Joker would have made him that much better. I mean even DC Superheroes  version has detailed torso print front and back!

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I know it is waaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced, but I've built 12 of the 13 sets so far (waiting for Disco/Tears Batman promo to pick up Arkham) and the Killer Croc set is my personal favorite. Obviously the Killer Croc big fig is the main draw to the set, but the Tarantula figure is great (zebra man is kind of blah) and just seeing Croc on the back of the monster truck is hilarious with the 8ball gear shift and steering wheel. I was fortunate to get this for just $45 US at Target during their pre-Christmas $25 off promo when I bought this with the Clay Face set, otherwise I probably would have passed. Glad I didn't.

I went into WHSmith today with the aim to get catman and zodiac master. By then I already had 9 of the figs and had been to thus store twice to get two batches of them. I was horrified to see at most 6 minifigures left in the box. Unfortunately, there was no catman present, but I did get zodiac master. Either someone sifted through the box and picked up a set and a half, or these are selling like hotcakes. Oh, and these have only been out three days in my local area. It's going to be hard for me to get to these quick enough to eventually get a full set.

So far I have had no quality control issues with any of my ten figs, except maybe eraser, who had a small dent on the side of his left leg.

On a side-note, is anyone else finding it really hard to feel for catman? If anyone has felt him what did you aim to feel for and do you have any tips? Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I went into WHSmith today with the aim to get catman and zodiac master. By then I already had 9 of the figs and had been to thus store twice to get two batches of them. I was horrified to see at most 6 minifigures left in the box. Unfortunately, there was no catman present, but I did get zodiac master. Either someone sifted through the box and picked up a set and a half, or these are selling like hotcakes. Oh, and these have only been out three days in my local area. It's going to be hard for me to get to these quick enough to eventually get a full set.

So far I have had no quality control issues with any of my ten figs, except maybe eraser, who had a small dent on the side of his left leg.

On a side-note, is anyone else finding it really hard to feel for catman? If anyone has felt him what did you aim to feel for and do you have any tips? Thanks in advance.

Catman is the only fig with a utility belt - couple that with his claws & you can't really mistake a Batman fig for him.

So after 24 hours I've managed to get this lot so far, which isn't too bad I reckon, all the CMF's were bought from Argos, had zero chance to feel any of the bags, and surprisingly only ended up with 3 duplicate figures, which is oddly lucky, managed to pick up the Joker Balloon Escape Set, the Mr Freeze Ice Attack Set and the Catwoman Catcyle Chase Set. Only needing Nurse Harley Quinn, Commissioner Gordon, Glam Metal Batman, Barbara Gordon, Zodiac and Mime now. (Dick Grayson and Clan Batman are in the post). Might pick up a couple more bags from Argos tomorrow and hope my luck is still around.

6bIjdB7.jpg

13 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

......On a side-note, is anyone else finding it really hard to feel for catman? If anyone has felt him what did you aim to feel for and do you have any tips? Thanks in advance.

You've got to feel for a Batman cowl then try to shake the claws to the bottom and feel for them to know if its cat or a bat

21 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Three things:

1. The Claws
  2. Utility Belt
  3. He's the only figure to use the short eared cowl, so if you find another Batman to compare it to you can ID him that way. (This was how I ID'd mine).
Edited by kaiju

Just now, kaiju said:

Three things:

1. The Claws
  2. Utility Belt
  3. He's the only figure to use the short eared cowl, so if you find another Batman to compare it to you can ID him that way. (This was how I ID'd mine).

The claws were the giveaway for me.

Just now, dario2739 said:

The claws were the giveaway for me.

Mine was the third one I ID'd, the first two were ones other customers couldn't ID themselves. The cowl is easier to find than the claws, I think, but you need to know how long the 'ears' should be or else find one of the other parts to be sure.

Thank you for all the advice on feeling for catman! I'm going to wait for the store to pit another box out and hopefully this time I will be more succesful with finding him.

37 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Quite the opposite, actually. Pretty sick of running into him, to be honest. :laugh:

I plan on picking up some more of these sets as soon as I can, my local stores just have been not stocking anything rn and its really frustrating.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Quite the opposite, actually. Pretty sick of running into him, to be honest. :laugh:

Indeed - have 5 so far. I'm deeply suspicious of the dustribution ratio. Some figures crop up much more often...

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

46 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Indeed - have 5 so far. I'm deeply suspicious of the dustribution ratio. Some figures crop up much more often...

Same, I've felt a bunch. 

quick question does anyone know if the sets are available from the Manchester LEGOLAND discovery centre store yet

Edited by TheGlynreaper

4 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

....... I'm deeply suspicious of the dustribution ratio. Some figures crop up much more often...

Has anyone actually opened a whole sealed box that can give us some idea of the quantity of each fig per box?

Has anyone picked up the jokers battle training poly bag yet?  I went to the legoland discovery center near me today and they had none out and acted as if they didn't know what I was talking about.