Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So my fellow Canadians I just called my local Toysrus and they said they have the sets. I'm gonna head over there pick up Freeze and the Inmate Joker. Fingers crossed they have the Arkham Asylum set though, I'll report back if they do! 

Where in Canada is this? I've been check Toys R Us, Lego Stores, and Chapters/Indigo for the past few days and haven't found anything yet.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not trying to anger anyone, but why would you spend so much time searching and searching for the CMF's when they release officially in just two days?

Personally, I do it for the same reason that I checked this thread religiously in the fall for set pictures and details; some things are just nice to know/have early. It also just happens to be more convenient to check right now while on holiday and especially since I've had to buy and return gifts at the mall anyways.

I'm not necessarily searching early, but when I see reports of something new being out, I want to buy one for myself before it's all gone.

I only recently made a point to look at the Lego section every time, so don't have a feel for how quickly stuff disappears.

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Wait until January 1st? :tongue:

But even some LEGO Store employees.... Some of them didn't even know there were more Rogue One sets coming... Like what?? :grin:

@THELEGOBATMAN Always just go to there flickr: 

Batsignal looks cool! Part of me is glad it isn't another exclusive figure because it might be hard to obtain but part of me really wants as many Batsuits as possible!

No LEGO won't be carrying them in store because they are all exclusives like R'as and Doctor Strange. When the catalog came it had the S@H logo underneath all 3. 

What??? They carry the big Ninjago exclusives in store, even though they don't carry the $30 ones. That's weird. And super confusing because none of the 3 LBM exclusives are even listed on S@H. 

At this point I'm done wanting to collect all the Batman figures and the sets. SOme sets are too expensive and don't look that great. There's just too many figures and I'm sure they will also produce some very exclusives (like a comiccon), that would just be to hard and too expensive to collect.

Edited by Cobb

52 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why is that Tuxedo Batman a keychain? That kinda ruins what looks to be a good figure. 

Agree! Though thinking about it, has Lego ever had a minifig exclusive in keychain form? I suppose that will be released as a regular minifig.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What??? They carry the big Ninjago exclusives in store, even though they don't carry the $30 ones. That's weird. And super confusing because none of the 3 LBM exclusives are even listed on S@H. 

That's because the Temple of Airjitzu is a Direct 2 Consumer exclusive. It's only available via Lego (website, store, or fulfilled by Lego through other retailers).

Any other "hard-to-find" item is an Exclusive, and, aside being available through Lego's Website, are only available in the US via Toys R Us, Walmart, or Target.

I really hope that Kiss Kiss Tux Batman isn't exclusive to the keychain. That would be such a waste.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

That's because the Temple of Airjitzu is a Direct 2 Consumer exclusive. It's only available via Lego (website, store, or fulfilled by Lego through other retailers).

Any other "hard-to-find" item is an Exclusive, and, aside being available through Lego's Website, are only available in the US via Toys R Us, Walmart, or Target.

I really hope that Kiss Kiss Tux Batman isn't exclusive to the keychain. That would be such a waste.

No, they also carry the Samuari X Cave Chaos set in store even though it's a Toys R Us exclusive. 

The Batsignal thing is cool, and so is the keyring. The keyring might be quite valuable in a couple years, especially since it's from an exclusive poly.

27 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

No, they also carry the Samuari X Cave Chaos set in store even though it's a Toys R Us exclusive. 

What LEGO Store are you going to? Unless it was only on the shelf because someone bought it online or from TRU and returned it to the store, US LBR stores don't get those anymore because TRU pitched a fit over their "exclusives" not being exclusive enough.

6 hours ago, fatfrog2596 said:

Where in Canada is this? I've been check Toys R Us, Lego Stores, and Chapters/Indigo for the past few days and haven't found anything yet.

Personally, I do it for the same reason that I checked this thread religiously in the fall for set pictures and details; some things are just nice to know/have early. It also just happens to be more convenient to check right now while on holiday and especially since I've had to buy and return gifts at the mall anyways.

Near Toronto, Ontario

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not all of the sets are even listed yet. Just wait until the 1st an I'm sure they'll all be up. As for the exclusives I don't know, Toysrus also carries some of the D2C's online. 

I love it when the Lego Store and S@H do these accessory packs. Great way to get some good free stuff. 

Could the keychain be the movie theater promo? The polybag doesn't have the number on the front just like Pajama Emmet and the Robit DJ, and putting a keychain inside the bag seems like something the movie promo would do.

6 hours ago, deemen said:

Agree! Though thinking about it, has Lego ever had a minifig exclusive in keychain form? I suppose that will be released as a regular minifig.

They have, like the Paul Frank Julius the Monkey - which even had a new head mould.

2 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

What LEGO Store are you going to? Unless it was only on the shelf because someone bought it online or from TRU and returned it to the store, US LBR stores don't get those anymore because TRU pitched a fit over their "exclusives" not being exclusive enough.

My local Lego Store in Michigan has had multiple copies of the cave in stock for months. 

I don't live near a LEGO store, so I can't say about if the exclusives are in store also, but it seems odd that they wouldn't be. Granted, anytime there is an exclusive to a store, I just order from shop at home, so I still get the exclusive without having to go to TRU or wherever. So it is easy to assume the store would have it also, but it sounds like that isn't the case. Odd.

As for searching for minifigures early...well, you kind of have to. Once they get picked through it is hard to find what you want. And I only search early when someone else has posted they found something early. Otherwise I don't bother.

As for the new polybags...I'm torn. I originally wanted to get all of the suits, but it seems pointless now. And outside of the batman 2x2 round tile in the bat signal, I can pass on that. I actually don't mind the one that came in the BvS set, so I don't NEED that necessarily. the keychain is interesting. I'd take the suit, but I don't like modifying pieces, so I'll likely skip it unless I came across it easily (which doesn't sound possible).

I just called LEGO S@H again to verify that they will be selling the Arkham Asylum set Jan 1st.  Even went so far as to ask them to verify it through a manager.  They both said 'Yes, the set will also be available from LEGO"   It's only considered exclusive to ToysRus because it wont be at any other stores.  

So, as far as I can tell, It will be available for purchase Jan 1st online, or you can place an order over the phone through LEGO Jan 2nd.   (He also said there is a large supply on hand)

I hope they're right because the only ToysRus around here is notorious for underhanded selling practices.  If you are one of the lucky ones to get it - you'll be paying way over retail.  

Man, it's getting harder and harder to be a completionist - I can hardly keep track of all these exclusive polybag figures and it will be difficult to ascertain their release dates and locations. Not that I mind so many exclusive figures - it's just hard to track them all down. As far as the keychain one, yeah, that's pretty disappointing but I guess there's always removing the keychain as someone said.