Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, Dunedain said:

Hey GoldenNinja, you asked, so I got some info for ya. Hope it helps. I did NOT open my Arkham set, yet, as I am waiting to buy another to combine them into one big Asylum. However, I did open and put together, the Scuttler set. The Poison Ivy in bothe sets, has the same hair piece, so it doesn't matter, and I am still able to answer your question.

Where did you get your Arkham Asylum set?

33 minutes ago, iamRKR said:

Where did you get your Arkham Asylum set?

I found it on Thursday, at a Toys R Us in NYC, Staten Island, specifically. It was the ONLY one in the store, on the shelf. IDK if they had more, and sold them, and I happened to get the last one, but it was the only one, when I got there. They had many of each, of the Scuttler, Croc, Catwoman, Clayface, and Joker balloon sets, but just one Arkham.

There was a $149.00 sticker on the shelf, right under the set. I bought that with the Scuttler set, which had a $59.99 sticker under it, but that sticker was for a different set. However, when they rang up, at the cashier, the Arkham set rang up for $179.99, and the Scuttler for $94.99. I told the cashier that there was a $149.99 sticker for the Arkham set, and that I thought the Scuttler SHOULD have been cheaper. She could not do anything without a manager, so she called one over. When the manager came, I eventually had to wind up walking her over to the sticker that said $149.99, to show her. Since it was the last set, she pulled the sticker off and brought it back to the register, where they used it to ring up the set at $149.99, in stead of $179.99. I also told her, when we were at the selves, that I thought the Scuttler set should have been cheaper too. She, very nicely, changed its price to $59.99, instead of $94.99, even though the $59.99 sticker was for another set. I feel like I scored, and was very happy to get two of the bigger sets, discounted.

I would have even bought a second Arkham set, if they had it, especially for $149.99. I have NOT opened it yet, but have been staring at the box, like a poor kid in the toy store, highly anticipating when I will. My goal is to get a second set, and combine them into one bigger Arkham, hence why I haven't opened it.

I went to a second and 3rd Toys R Us, yesterday, and none of them had the Arkham sets. They did have the other newer sets, including the new Riddler set, which I picked up, buy NO Arkhams. The only newer set I am missing, is the Penguins arctic car, and getting a second Arkham. I think, either the first, or second day, after the official release date, I will go to a Lego store in New Jersey, and get them thee. I am hoping the Lego stores will have the exclusives, Like Arkham, and Arctic. So far I have not seen an Arctic set anywhere, and only the one Arkham at Toys R us.

Does anyone know what store is going to be selling the Artic roller set?

50 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

I found it on Thursday, at a Toys R Us in NYC, Staten Island, specifically. It was the ONLY one in the store, on the shelf. IDK if they had more, and sold them, and I happened to get the last one, but it was the only one, when I got there. They had many of each, of the Scuttler, Croc, Catwoman, Clayface, and Joker balloon sets, but just one Arkham.

There was a $149.00 sticker on the shelf, right under the set. I bought that with the Scuttler set, which had a $59.99 sticker under it, but that sticker was for a different set. However, when they rang up, at the cashier, the Arkham set rang up for $179.99, and the Scuttler for $94.99. I told the cashier that there was a $149.99 sticker for the Arkham set, and that I thought the Scuttler SHOULD have been cheaper. She could not do anything without a manager, so she called one over. When the manager came, I eventually had to wind up walking her over to the sticker that said $149.99, to show her. Since it was the last set, she pulled the sticker off and brought it back to the register, where they used it to ring up the set at $149.99, in stead of $179.99. I also told her, when we were at the selves, that I thought the Scuttler set should have been cheaper too. She, very nicely, changed its price to $59.99, instead of $94.99, even though the $59.99 sticker was for another set. I feel like I scored, and was very happy to get two of the bigger sets, discounted.

I would have even bought a second Arkham set, if they had it, especially for $149.99. I have NOT opened it yet, but have been staring at the box, like a poor kid in the toy store, highly anticipating when I will. My goal is to get a second set, and combine them into one bigger Arkham, hence why I haven't opened it.

I went to a second and 3rd Toys R Us, yesterday, and none of them had the Arkham sets. They did have the other newer sets, including the new Riddler set, which I picked up, buy NO Arkhams. The only newer set I am missing, is the Penguins arctic car, and getting a second Arkham. I think, either the first, or second day, after the official release date, I will go to a Lego store in New Jersey, and get them thee. I am hoping the Lego stores will have the exclusives, Like Arkham, and Arctic. So far I have not seen an Arctic set anywhere, and only the one Arkham at Toys R us.

Does anyone know what store is going to be selling the Artic roller set?

Do you ever go to a store and not do something underhanded? You straight up lied and took advantage of that lady.

Guys play nice. I don't want to have to close this thread for the day because of infighting. 

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothin at all. :thumbup:

I just built the Lowrider, and it is one of the best non-Modular sets I have ever built! Very fun. I managed to install some lights too, which really improves it. :sweet:

1 hour ago, Mr Greeble said:

I just built the Lowrider, and it is one of the best non-Modular sets I have ever built! Very fun. I managed to install some lights too, which really improves it. :sweet:

Built it yesterday. I agree that it was a fun build, and getting space for a couple of more figures was a breeze. Got the Catwoman set for Christmas, gonna build it this evening.

44 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Built it yesterday. I agree that it was a fun build, and getting space for a couple of more figures was a breeze. Got the Catwoman set for Christmas, gonna build it this evening.

How did you make more space? That sounds interesting!

Catwoman set! Lucky... Nothing in my area. :cry_sad:

After enjoying the Mr. Freeze set I decided to pick up the Batcave. I have yet to build it, but as I missed out on the 2006 one I am hoping this will be just as good. I have the 2012 batcave, but I've found it rather unimpressive. I'm not going to pick up the Lowrider or the Batmobile, but I am going to get the Riddle set, Catwoman set, Clayface set and the Scuttler set once they release. Sadly I have found nothing in Target or Toys R Us in my area. :cry_sad:

59 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Was lucky enough to snag a Lowrider and Freeze for Christmas. Both are very good sets; I just wish the Lowrider's trunk was big enough for the Joker and Harley's weapons.

Same... I might try to mod it.

12 hours ago, iamRKR said:

@Dunedaingood to hear you got it in a good (correct) price. I hope i would get the same deal in Canada. I'll ask my aunt to buy me one there. 

Yes some stores up here in Canada have them already! I just posted a review as well. I love these sets, super cool line-up.

2 hours ago, pcvando said:

Yes some stores up here in Canada have them already! I just posted a review as well. I love these sets, super cool line-up.

Hi @pcvandowhat is your blog site? What store in Canada and how much?

Edited by iamRKR

9 hours ago, pcvando said:

Yes, which stores are we talking about?

Edited by Mat099

8 hours ago, iamRKR said:

Hi @pcvandowhat is your blog site? What store in Canada and how much?

17 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

Yes, which stores are we talking about?

I have found the sets at the Mastermind Toys in Red Deer, and I was told by multiple employees of the Winnipeg Lego store that they would have the new sets today. So I would recommend checking your local Lego store if you have one. Mastermind Toys didn't have all of them as they had a street date of January 1st for some that they had to obey. They did have the Mr. Freeze one, the batmobile, Jokers car, the batcave, and the scuttler

On 12/24/2016 at 8:14 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just googled it, and looks like the Sea Cow was only officially revealed a few weeks before its release, on February 16th. It had already been in toy stores before the official press release, though. I don't think there will be a Lego Batman Movie D2C though, because we haven't heard anything about one. 

Dang I was really hoping there would be one. Guess it makes sense as to why we got both the Batcave and Arkham already as the only thing they could really do for a D2C would be Wayne Manor and considering how big it is they probably wouldn't be to do it accurately.

1 hour ago, r4-g9 said:

I have found the sets at the Mastermind Toys in Red Deer, and I was told by multiple employees of the Winnipeg Lego store that they would have the new sets today. So I would recommend checking your local Lego store if you have one. Mastermind Toys didn't have all of them as they had a street date of January 1st for some that they had to obey. They did have the Mr. Freeze one, the batmobile, Jokers car, the batcave, and the scuttler

How about the price? So even though its a toys r us exclusive other outlets or shop can sell it?  

Edited by iamRKR

38 minutes ago, iamRKR said:

So even though its a toys r us exclusive other outlets or shop can sell it?  

This was confusing to me also.  In the Jan 2017 catalog it shows that Arkham Asylum will be sold through S@H and at the LEGO stores also.  So to be sure, I just called LEGO and yes, they will be sold through LEGO not just ToysRus.   Feel free to call and check yourself though, just to be sure.  

I just picked up two Arctic Rollers at Target for $29.99 (US).  

24 minutes ago, BrickOCD said:

This was confusing to me also.  In the Jan 2017 catalog it shows that Arkham Asylum will be sold through S@H and at the LEGO stores also.  So to be sure, I just called LEGO and yes, they will be sold through LEGO not just ToysRus.   Feel free to call and check yourself though, just to be sure.  

I just picked up two Arctic Rollers at Target for $29.99 (US).  

Now, I finally know for sure that the Arctic roller is at Target, awesome. Did you put it together yet? How is it?

Edited by Dunedain

Dunedain -  Haven't put the Arctic Roller together yet but out of all the Batman Movie sets, it's the one that I like the best.  (which explains why I bought two)

The LEGO catalog says that it's available for purchase through S@H also.  

Correction - it WILL be avaible for purchase in January

Edited by BrickOCD
Correction