Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Toys r us in my area has already filled their shelves with every set of the first wave, although I'm not sure if they raise prices there as a lot of people say they do. 

Including Arkham Asylum?

8 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Toys r us in my area has already filled their shelves with every set of the first wave, although I'm not sure if they raise prices there as a lot of people say they do. 

I hope they don't, I'm planning on getting Arkham, the scuttler, and the killer croc sets when we go to toys r us and those sets are already expensive enough lol.

So i just got some knock offs of some of the variant bat suits ex. St Patricks day, captain ameri-bat etc. anyway they have these neat gauntlet pieces that go between the hand and the end of the arm and have the scalloped fins on them they seem like an odd piece to just make with no reference and wondered if these were an intended Lego piece that got cut to save money in the new sets/CMFs ?

heres Uncle Sam-Bat

s-l500_zpsvpjwip7j.jpg

That's just a knock-off of a third-party piece from Brickwarriors

It's also something that Lego would most likely never produce themselves, as they consider the torso/arm/hand connection to be one "piece" and you would have to remove the minifigure hand to add such an accessory.  

15 hours ago, Dunedain said:

So, I found/bought the Killer croc set today at Target, and a whole display of the CMF's, and lastly the Phantom zone polybag. I was able to get a complete set, plus a few doubles, after feeling the bags for awhile.

There is a VERY SIMPLE trick, for those of you who want to buy the sets at Target, but instead have a manager, or cashier, tell you that you cant, yet. GO TO THE SELF CHECKOUT LINE!!!!!! That's what I did, and it was fine. In fact, when I got into the toy aisle, the ONLY thing on the shelves was the Phantom zone polybag. However, there were a bunch of pallets with all sorts of unopened cases of toys, not just Lego. I "searched" the pallets and saw 2 cases of Lego boxes that had a "Do not display till Jan 1st" sticker, in white and red, on it. I knew these had to be what I wanted. I took one of my keys and opened those cases right up. One case had 3 sets of the Killer Croc set, of which I took 1. The other case was a whole cardboard display of the mini-figures. I pulled that bad boy right outta the case, and started feeling away at the bags, until I made a full set. Mind you, while I was doing this, workers were walking around me, saying Hi, and could care less. Then, I had NO ISSUE buying them, because I went to the "self checkout" line.

Good luck, it worked for me.

I opened all my figures, and they are all awesome. I am going to put the Croc set together now. When I am done, I will let you guys know what I think of it.

Now* that* is dedication.

My Target had the cmf mixed with other series of cmf.  Impressed a 10 year old by feeling out 2 lobster loving Batmans.  Not bad for a suburban soccer mom.

I built the Low Rider last night. Really fun set. I need to build the Batcave and finally start opening this CMF case sometime this weekend. 

Everyone giving flack to Dunedain needs to chill. If the crew wanted him to stop they would have told him to not just said "hi." :wacko: Working retail does not require a worker to be a cop. I guarantee you if he asked them, "hey could you open this pallette for me" they would have done so. And if nobody came after I asked I would have opened it too. The pallete was just laying there and other branches put the sets out already so no harm no foul. And a lot of times the Targets open the large warehouse boxes and put them on the shelves and don't take the sets out so they're still inside. That happened to me when the Deathstroke set came out so I'm just relating it to that.

Of course its not the end of the world to wait a few days, but if the box is out thats a mistake on them and all you have to do is insist that you don't care that they're street dated since they are the ones that put the sets out and I guarantee you that you will get the sets. Sure, its unintentional that the sets were taken out but as a customer I have no idea what is 'supposed to be on the shelves'. Playing dumb like this, along with being a hothead and standing your ground works; and if they ever told me there was a street date I swear I would leave the store with 10 copies by the end of the conversation.

Exageration of course but I would raise hell just for them to be like "fine, just pay and get out of here." No shame in getting what you want tbh. Nobody is getting hurt. Target and Lego get their cash, employees get paid, and no Target is losing the right to carry the Lego producs for this like I know many have said can occur in the past. So many places sell before release date that its not even funny. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Everyone giving flack to Dunedain needs to chill. If the crew wanted him to stop they would have told him to not just said "hi." :wacko: Working retail does not require a worker to be a cop. I guarantee you if he asked them, "hey could you open this pallette for me" they would have done so. And if nobody came after I asked I would have opened it too. The pallete was just laying there and other branches put the sets out already so no harm no foul. And a lot of times the Targets open the large warehouse boxes and put them on the shelves and don't take the sets out so they're still inside. That happened to me when the Deathstroke set came out so I'm just relating it to that.

Of course its not the end of the world to wait a few days, but if the box is out thats a mistake on them and all you have to do is insist that you don't care that they're street dated since they are the ones that put the sets out and I guarantee you that you will get the sets. Sure, its unintentional that the sets were taken out but as a customer I have no idea what is 'supposed to be on the shelves'. Playing dumb like this, along with being a hothead and standing your ground works; and if they ever told me there was a street date I swear I would leave the store with 10 copies by the end of the conversation.

Exageration of course but I would raise hell just for them to be like "fine, just pay and get out of here." No shame in getting what you want tbh. Nobody is getting hurt. Target and Lego get their cash, employees get paid, and no Target is losing the right to carry the Lego producs for this like I know many have said can occur in the past. So many places sell before release date that its not even funny. :laugh:

Thank you sir. You are a gentlemen, and a scholar, and a man after my own heart, lol. Its so ridiculous how psychotic some people get, over nonsense. The ones protesting the loudest, and craziest, obviously did not even read my second post, where I said that the employee at Target, actually THANKED me for helping him, and that THEY were stocking the shelves with these sets. I guess anger comes thru first, with some people, instead of taking the time to read, and understand what REALLY happened, first. Instead, a completely false scenario, was created IN THEIR HEADS, and they chose to lash out, based on ignorance. What a shame that some people are so judgmental, hurtful, and critical of others, based on what they THINK happened, or MADE UP in their HEADS. Anyway, I am done, lol, I really do not care what ignorant people think, lol.

Seriouslly though, Legocity2713, thank you, you are a friend, and appreciated. We should go shopping together one day, lol.

Edited by Dunedain

I don't personally think there is anything wrong with opening boxes that are already by the shelves, especially if the employees didn't specifically tell him to stop doing it. I did that when I was a young boy with football stickers. If a box was out but still sealed, i'd open it. People need to chill out and realise that not everyone does exactly the same things as one another. 

On a more on-topic note, is the UK getting every set of the first wave on Jan 1st? Many have asked this but I have not seen an answer yet.

To everyone wondering about the UK release date: I'm not 100% certain, but I think they're releasing on the 1st for you guys too. I saw somewhere (I think a Lego catalog or calendar) that every set releases worldwide on January 1st. Hope this helps! 

24 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This forum went a little off track but still does anyone have the DCPI for the Scarecrow Special Delivery?

I thought that it was mentioned that The Penguin Arctic Roller would be the Target exclusive, while this set would be the Walmart exclusive, so I do not think there is a DCPI for it.

1 hour ago, latenightguy said:

I thought that it was mentioned that The Penguin Arctic Roller would be the Target exclusive, while this set would be the Walmart exclusive, so I do not think there is a DCPI for it.

Oh I didn't hear that. Thought both were Target.

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

That's just a knock-off of a third-party piece from Brickwarriors

It's also something that Lego would most likely never produce themselves, as they consider the torso/arm/hand connection to be one "piece" and you would have to remove the minifigure hand to add such an accessory.  

ok, Thanks for the info. its a neat piece though.

So, I put together the Killer Croc set last night.  Its a nice set, but I think a little bit pricey, for what you get. The figures are great, however, and I think because of the HUGE Killer Croc figure, it drives the price up. He really is a very unique figure, being a "blend" of the Rancor body, and a big sized mini figure. The way the Rancor hands, and fingers are, and the actual body shape, makes him fit into the bed of the truck, PERFECTLY. He looks real cool holding the giant stick shift, with the 8 ball knob, which fits perfect in his hand. That round, printed 8 ball piece, is a great part, and I think will be useful in a ton of MOC's. I have never seen that piece before, and as far as I can tell, it is only available in this set. Am I right about that, is that 8 ball stick shift, knob, in any other sets?

The truck is slowly built, with bags 2 thru 4, and there are only 4 bags in this set. While, it is ONLY a truck, with it being 3/4's of the actual build of the set, its a testament to how "involved" the truck is. When the set is built, I have to admit, it doesn't just feel like a few figs and a stupid pick up truck. There is more to the truck than just that. It has some cool features, unique parts, and great modding potential, too.

So, overall, its a decent set, with great figures, and an alright truck. Its NOT worth the full retail price tag, though. Myself being a completest, and where money is no issue, I don't care that I bought it. If you are working with a budget, and have to really pick n choose the sets you get, I would skip this set, or, at a minimum, buy/bricklink the Croc figure. I wonder what he is gonna go for, on the secondary market?

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

To everyone wondering about the UK release date: I'm not 100% certain, but I think they're releasing on the 1st for you guys too. I saw somewhere (I think a Lego catalog or calendar) that every set releases worldwide on January 1st. Hope this helps! 

They were all posted on lego.com with a Jan 1st release. But they were taken down, with nothing im the site currently. So who knows...

Toys R Us is taking the price hike to a whole new level. Saw the Scuttler for $94.99 compared to $79.99 at Target and Catwoman at $26.99 compared to $19.99. Riddler Racer was $29.99 just like Target. Go figure.

Just finished building the Freeze set. I like the figure much better in person and I love the mech. It's much smaller than I expected but looks extremely good and has great poseability and balance. Now I'm even more excited for the Catwoman set! 

Is the Batman Phantom Zone polybag a Target exclusive? I didn't see any today, but saw boxes of Lego shipping cases ready to be unboxed and put on shelves. I came back later and those were probably Star Wars restocks.

21 minutes ago, Finbricks said:

Seen the summer sets...

Got any details to share other than the stuff we know already from Delta Customs?

9 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

Can someone please take a picture of the two killer croc figures side by side? Thanks in advance! :sweet:

I can once I open up the Killer Croc set - been working my way through several 2017 sets and will post it as soon as I can.