Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Thelegodan said:

After seeing that review, I've lost a portion of my will to live. Can't tell if the review is a joke or not though

If it's a joke, it fell flat.

I've partially build the Scuttler now. The figures are insanely well-designed! Poison Ivy's hair has leaves printed all around it, her arms are dual molded and printed, and she is undoubtedly the best-made figure in the set. Gordon is great, too, with awesome Dress Blues as you can see, and his alt head is an adorably proud smile (presumably for his daughter). Dick's suit has the wonderful shiny dots all around it, and his expression under his glasses is hilariously corny. Of course, Barbara is awesome too; her arms are dual-molded, and her torso is blank, but the GCPD riot gear is top notch; I need approximately a trillion more. I was surprised to find out that this version of the Joker has no back printing, which I find very odd.

I stopped reading after Dome Head. It took me four minutes to write this comment, as I couldn't see the keys, due to the tears in my eyes. I may never read reviews the same way again

6 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Does anyone know the DCIP code for the minifigures?

204-00-1379

I don't think it was as bad as people are making it out to be. Ignorance of the subject matter was a large part of the style of that particular review, which was stated at the beginning. If you're not a Batman fan, and get the CMFs strictly for parts and archetypal figures, this might be your perspective going into it. We are clearly not the target audience, although I actually found some of the blatant ignorance kind of funny. Hello Man, indeed.

Anyway, who cares?

I found the review to be entertaining.  In fact, one of the things I always hope for in reviews is an honest impression of what is in the set.  It is fun to see varying points of view regarding the same subject matter.  Maybe it makes the world a more interesting place.  Some of what was stated might go against majority opinion, but it was a fun read nevertheless.  I got a good laugh at "Wolverine Batman", "Tooth Fairy Batman", "Hello Man", and others.  Whoever provided the link, thank you!  Again, it was a fresh perspective.  

That review gave me a good chuckle, about the only way I got through it was assuming they were just joking around. 

I finally got around to watching all of the Brick Show's reviews of the sets (mostly because I don't enjoy their reviews as much as I do Jangbricks and Just2good) but they got me really excited to get these sets. My plan is to get the bigger sets first so I don't have to worry about saving random amounts here and there to get all of the sets. My wallet must really hate me cause I'm planning on getting all of the sets, this year is going to put me in debt cause of all of the superhero sets coming out lol.

20 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

That review gave me a good chuckle, about the only way I got through it was assuming they were just joking around. 

I finally got around to watching all of the Brick Show's reviews of the sets (mostly because I don't enjoy their reviews as much as I do Jangbricks and Just2good) but they got me really excited to get these sets. My plan is to get the bigger sets first so I don't have to worry about saving random amounts here and there to get all of the sets. My wallet must really hate me cause I'm planning on getting all of the sets, this year is going to put me in debt cause of all of the superhero sets coming out lol.

I also don't like the Brick Show, but I made it through some of their reviews. I'm so conflicted about the Scuttler. I really really want that Ivy, and the other figures are great, but that build just doesn't really do it for me. It looks great but I feel like the features are lacking. Plus I'd rather get the Batcave, so it's a hard choice. For the money issue, I've just started saving all my $1 and $5 bills and in three weeks I'm already up to about $90 so I'll probably use that for a bigger set. 

9 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I also don't like the Brick Show, but I made it through some of their reviews. I'm so conflicted about the Scuttler. I really really want that Ivy, and the other figures are great, but that build just doesn't really do it for me. It looks great but I feel like the features are lacking. Plus I'd rather get the Batcave, so it's a hard choice. For the money issue, I've just started saving all my $1 and $5 bills and in three weeks I'm already up to about $90 so I'll probably use that for a bigger set. 

The Batcave is a good set (I already own it) but if you don't have other Batman movie sets it feels like you are lacking a real villain threat. The main reason I don't enjoy their reviews is that they act goofy for kids but to me it's just cringy, but they are a good lego set reviewers and it's just my opinion.

Six Batman sets up on the LEGO.shop for my fellow Canadians, write the prices down because I'm not sure how long they'll be up there for. 

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

204-00-1379

This is the DPCI for all collectible minifigures at target.  SO just because it says there are lots of them in stock, I have found that it only means they have a lot of series 16, maybe a few disney and simpsons, I have yet to find any batman CMF at targets near me.

3 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

The Batcave is a good set (I already own it) but if you don't have other Batman movie sets it feels like you are lacking a real villain threat. The main reason I don't enjoy their reviews is that they act goofy for kids but to me it's just cringy, but they are a good lego set reviewers and it's just my opinion.

I'm already planning on getting several other sets, the savings is just a bonus. So I'll have plenty of villains. And yeah, even when I was younger the Brick Show wasn't funny or anything it was just super awkward even though I was a kid. 

Any sightings for the CMFs / sets other than the original four for South Florida my dudes? Had a guy get Penguin Limo at Target and then when he was about to give it to me two other employees said he couldn't because of street dates and crap. :sad:

JACKATTACKS maybe i'm wrong but are any of the lego batman movie sets on the aussie lego shop, because I can't fimnd ANY and Christmas is coming up. Can't even find the batmboile D:

4 hours ago, just2good said:

Any sightings for the CMFs / sets other than the original four for South Florida my dudes? Had a guy get Penguin Limo at Target and then when he was about to give it to me two other employees said he couldn't because of street dates and crap. :sad:

Found some at the Hillside Target in the West Suburbs of Chicago today. I looked up the DCIP number and noticed that most Targets near me had numbers in the 300s, but this Target had numbers in the 600s. I called and sure enough they had them out! Others might want to try this.

Went a little overboard with the Target $25 off $100 and picked up Clayface and Killer Croc one one transaction and Riddler Racer and Scuttler on a second transaction for a total of $50 off of $215.

Only one Target near me showed Joker Balloon, Catwoman and Arctic Roller in stock, but no luck getting any of those. But most of  the Target's in the suburban Philly area all have the four I picked up. Couldn't find the CMF's either though.

41 minutes ago, DerpWolf said:

JACKATTACKS maybe i'm wrong but are any of the lego batman movie sets on the aussie lego shop, because I can't fimnd ANY and Christmas is coming up. Can't even find the batmboile D:

Um, yeah. Bad news. When the sets appeared on the lego shop, like the whole first wave (10 sets or something) they said coming January 1. Now the whole theme has disappeared, as not to confuse Christmas shoppers I think. So yeah, it is a real bummer for us Aussies who want those sets for Christmas as we have to wait till Jan 1 to buy them (assuming they re-appear after Christmas online). :cry_sad:

Got Mr. Freeze Ice Attack today, and it looks pretty awesome. I'm waiting to build it until Christmas, but at least I'll have the Batmobile then too. I'm super pumped for the CMF's in January but I'm having a hard time picking just 5 to get first. 

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Found some at the Hillside Target in the West Suburbs of Chicago today. I looked up the DCIP number and noticed that most Targets near me had numbers in the 300s, but this Target had numbers in the 600s. I called and sure enough they had them out! Others might want to try this.

Ah, this might work. Thanks! :classic:

Please note that the cmf boxes have tape saying jan 1 release date. I checked a few stores and actually nearly had my hands on a box before the stock girl noticed the date. If they're on the floor you're definitely lucky, but asking about backroom stock may be a crapshoot. 

7 hours ago, just2good said:

I've found the CMFs in Orlando, Florida and Sarasota, Florida.

12 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I've found the CMFs in Orlando, Florida and Sarasota, Florida.

tfw just came down from Orlando (where I live now) for the Holidays :sad:

Which Orlando store?

Think I'm able to post these here (given Delta Customs has claimed these characters/sets are in the second wave, and hasn't been wrong before):

Found the poster with all the villains posted a few pages back on the website of Pyramid International, who seem to be doing posters and things for the film: https://www.pyramidinternational.com/brand/lego-batman/?start=0- they've got one poster featuring Bane's vehicle, which is surprisingly small (and orange!)

I've also found this cover for a sticker book: http://www.booktopia.com.au/the-lego-batman-movie-ultimate-sticker-collection-dk/prod9780241279465.html- very small picture, but it has the only full-body shot of the NYCC Harley Quinn minifig- I'm going to keep an eye out for a larger image!