Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That perfectly illustrates Lego's problem. Why on earth does every woman need to be curvy and skinny? They are a pretty sexist company when you think about it.

What fun it is that I parodied this reply before you replied, a few posts above, because we all knew it was coming.

LEGO is not sexist. Society is sexist. Customers assuming that a character without the usual physical traits defining it as male or female (such as Orca, or The Eraser, or any Robot and alien mini figures) is automatically a male character is not the fault of LEGO, it is the fault of the society LEGO operates in. The non-definable Orca was assumed to be Male, which is why LEGO often finds it necessary to implement the "sexist" waist printing, to represent the character being female.

So, to combat sexism, I will publicly be referring to the unidentifiably gendered pencil character as female.

The Eraser is my favorite character from this series. She's very well done and quirky and I will purchase at least one, when they become available.

10 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

What fun it is that I parodied this reply before you replied, a few posts above, because we all knew it was coming.

LEGO is not sexist. Society is sexist. Customers assuming that a character without the usual physical traits defining it as male or female (such as Orca, or The Eraser, or any Robot and alien mini figures) is automatically a male character is not the fault of LEGO, it is the fault of the society LEGO operates in. The non-definable Orca was assumed to be Male, which is why LEGO often finds it necessary to implement the "sexist" waist printing, to represent the character being female.

So, to combat sexism, I will publicly be referring to the unidentifiably gendered pencil character as female.

The Eraser is my favorite character from this series. She's very well done and quirky and I will purchase at least one, when they become available.

Eraser is definetly a male. I do agree that Orca is uneasy to tell, I didn't know who she was, seeing her in Lego I thought it was a guy, but after I looked up the character its a female.

Stop the sexism discussion please. This is not the thread, forum, nor site for that kind of debate. 

Wow, it does seem there are some quality control issues with one person getting and extra cowl but no legs (Glam bat) and another reviewer missing a cape in Pink Power Batgirl. Hopefully we won't see more issues with these figures.

One thing I'm grateful for is the fact that most of these aren't really desirable to me, such as the sillier batsuits and obscure villains, and that the ones I do want such as James Gordon, Red Hood, Lobster Batman, and Rubber Duck Batman don't seem to have any issues. I do see a lot of useful parts, such as the bat shark repellent that I'll give to the 1966 Batman and Catman's legs that I'll give to Wolverine.

When Captain Nemo state 'stay on topic', he sincerely meant it. When I am reading at this discussion, I had to sniff through those off topic comments which is extremely unpleasant and irrelevant to LEGO Batman CMFs and LEGO Batman Movie sets for 2017. Let's continue to keep up the good efforts of making this discussion clutter-free. Thank you. 

WhiteFang

Just now, iamRKR said:

Any idea if Target is selling the other sets aside from the first 4?

My Target (Redmond, Washington) is purportedly getting most of the 2017 sets including the rest of the Batman Movie sets this weekend. I assume other Targets have similar ship dates. I'd use Brickseek if I were you to look for the ones you want...

Edited by legozebra

19 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

A second one next January? I could get behind that, especially if they were as good as the first series. Calculator and Zodiac Master are probably my favourites- they could not be better :wub:

They also had two simpson series

27 minutes ago, terryfay1983 said:

Im sure when the 2nd film comes out..as im sure it will. there will be another cmf series then..hopefully

That would be awesome!

28 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

They also had two simpson series

Those weren't based on a single movie, though. I would be skeptical of the idea that there might be a second Lego Batman Movie series, if only because I expect the theme to be on the wane next year with fewer, smaller new sets if any (as we saw with The Lego Movie, despite that theme's enormous popularity).

Just now, Lyichir said:

Those weren't based on a single movie, though. I would be skeptical of the idea that there might be a second Lego Batman Movie series, if only because I expect the theme to be on the wane next year with fewer, smaller new sets if any (as we saw with The Lego Movie, despite that theme's enormous popularity).

I see your point

I do see the potential for, perhaps, more sets, and a 2nd CMF series, than the first Lego movie. This Batman movie, is not only going to appeal to most, if not all Lego fans, but also, Batman fans. It has the potential to double its audience, and therefore double its potential buyers for sets, and mini-figures.

Hopefully, this will dictate into us getting a 3rd, and or 4th wave, and a 2nd CMF series. I know myself, for example, is a huge Lego fan, and Batman Lego fan. However, I did not buy one single Lego movie set, and I enjoyed the movie, too. This Batman Lego movie, is a whole other ball game, for me. I have bought EVERY set released so far, and will be buying EVERYTHING released, set and mini-figure wise, for this movie, and I have not even seen even all the TRAILERS yet, let alone the movie, itself.

I feel, between Lego fans, children, and Batman fans, this theme has the potential to be one of the highest selling themes for Lego, ever. This can, and should mean, potentially more waves, and figures, fingers crossed, at least.

I have a question about sets for you guys. What is your favourite set from the whole line? My favourite set is... I think Killer Croc Tail Gator.

1 hour ago, Dunedain said:

I do see the potential for, perhaps, more sets, and a 2nd CMF series, than the first Lego movie. This Batman movie, is not only going to appeal to most, if not all Lego fans, but also, Batman fans. It has the potential to double its audience, and therefore double its potential buyers for sets, and mini-figures.

Hopefully, this will dictate into us getting a 3rd, and or 4th wave, and a 2nd CMF series. I know myself, for example, is a huge Lego fan, and Batman Lego fan. However, I did not buy one single Lego movie set, and I enjoyed the movie, too. This Batman Lego movie, is a whole other ball game, for me. I have bought EVERY set released so far, and will be buying EVERYTHING released, set and mini-figure wise, for this movie, and I have not even seen even all the TRAILERS yet, let alone the movie, itself.

I feel, between Lego fans, children, and Batman fans, this theme has the potential to be one of the highest selling themes for Lego, ever. This can, and should mean, potentially more waves, and figures, fingers crossed, at least.

I totally agree with this. I really enjoyed the Lego movie but didnt buy any of the sets. but as a massive batman fan and lego batman fan i shall be getting everything possible in this range.. just dont tell the missus

Build wise- Arkham, minifigs are a bit dull thought imo

Fig wise- the Riddler Racer, suited Riddler, Magpie, Calendar Man AND Kite-man?! 

Overall probably the Croc set- good figs and two pretty cool builds