Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

My browser window was open on Penguin set and when Ichecked it today, I saw price of 35€ when a few days ago it was 30€.

I copied the prices. Dutch prize was actually 39,99.

do we know the reason they're taking down the sets? Luckily I live in the us, but in some places they've had the sets up for weeks (even if you couldnt buy them)

2 hours ago, Thelegodan said:

do we know the reason they're taking down the sets? Luckily I live in the us, but in some places they've had the sets up for weeks (even if you couldnt buy them)

No we don't know. For Canada they were removed a long time ago. We were also asked to move the conversation away from this topic and more towards the physical sets, also away from debating prices. 

I read a few posts back that someone heard something from a LEGO employee that the sets will be released early. This is pretty much always the case with the LEGO Store. They always say "Oh ya that comes out on January 1st" but they always release it a week maybe if you're lucky two weeks early. 

So who else immediately wanted a Mister Sinister minifig as soon as they saw Calendar Man's cape? Also, does anyone else find it rather odd that the Riddler keeps getting racing vehicles? First that drag racer, now a race car. It doesn't really seem like it would fit his character. That said, I think it came out well and I like some of the clever techniques employed like the side mirrors and the headlights. I feel like the flick fire missiles should have been hidden behind the headlights rather than popping up from the back as they fly pretty strait and don't have much of an arc like flick fire missiles do. 

I reeaally want theat Croc bigfig. Given how great these sets are, it's going to be a hard choice on what to get and what not to get. Depending on how expensive he'll be to BL, I think I'll just do that as the rest of the set for me is secondary. Sure Zebra Man and Tarantula are cool and hey the Truck has a lot of personality, just not $70 worth of personality. I'd rather spend $15-$20 on Croc(although I get the feeling he'll be around as much as the Rancor) and use the $50-ish I'd save on something else, like the Mister Freeze and Catwoman sets.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Also, does anyone else find it rather odd that the Riddler keeps getting racing vehicles? First that drag racer, now a race car. It doesn't really seem like it would fit his character.

That is really weird. I wonder if maybe it's a sort of homage to Arkham Knight (where Riddler makes a bunch of racetracks because I guess those are kinda like puzzles??) or if maybe both the sets and the game share a common influence? 
Although, to be fair, a set that did go with Ed's MO would be a little lame, since you can't really build a puzzle without figuring out the answer. 

10 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

That is really weird. I wonder if maybe it's a sort of homage to Arkham Knight (where Riddler makes a bunch of racetracks because I guess those are kinda like puzzles??) or if maybe both the sets and the game share a common influence? 
Although, to be fair, a set that did go with Ed's MO would be a little lame, since you can't really build a puzzle without figuring out the answer. 

I saw a video review of that set. The dork said it looks like an "Indy" car. What? That's not- has he ever even seen an "Indy" car? "Indy" cars are Formula 1 cars. This looks nothing like that, son. It looks more like an early sixties Grand Prix car, like maybe Speed racer-ish. Ho, man they should bring that back. Riddle me this.

Just now, JJS8_Mind said:

Check out Delta Customs' Instagram for information on the fifth unknown set!

Just was about to say that! Seems this will be the set with Harely and the new skirt piece. Lame only three minifigures though and no new villains.

9 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Just was about to say that! Seems this will be the set with Harely and the new skirt piece. Lame only three minifigures though and no new villains.

That's my favorite Harley version that they've shown for the movie; it's so reminiscent of the Arkham video game series! :excited: :drool:

Another Batwing??? I'll definitely get this set! I guess I'll hold off on the Lowrider since I can get Harley with the Batwing. Only three figures, based on other sets in the line looks like the max price will be around $50. Can't wait for pics of it! 

That has to be the Harley Quinn with the skirt. 

I hope there will be another villain, but they don't want to spoil the surprise yet. 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Finally, the batwing had been confirmed!!! When I saw the trailer I fell in love with that batwing design. I knew it would always be a set, while others doubted it!

My day has just been improved so much!

This is for the second wave right, which comes out in what months?

We don't know but I would say May- June

Edited by Robert8

55 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Another Batwing??? I'll definitely get this set! I guess I'll hold off on the Lowrider since I can get Harley with the Batwing. Only three figures, based on other sets in the line looks like the max price will be around $50. Can't wait for pics of it! 

Yes, it seems it will be cheaper with only three figures. At least this set has decent play features - two spring loaded shooters and two disc shooters if I am correct (examine the trailer) 

Just now, Robert8 said:

We don't know but I would say May- June

Ok, thanks. Will probably get this set next Christmas :)

3 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

There's another Batwing from the Comic Con trailer where the Batmobile turns into. I believe that's a possibility for it too. It's way different from the large one in the newest trailer that will be in the largest summer set.

This one.

https://goo.gl/images/WKMy6o

Just to be sure,  the set that was revealed today is the one from the first two teasers and the sdcc trailer, right?

You know, this one. 

https://goo.gl/images/WKMy6o

The brothers brick cmf review was actually really useful. I really like that calculator figure now and that arm printing is simply stunning! All those different batman expressions are also welcomed by me. Commissioner Gordon is still my favourite though.