Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

That build is fantastic. I don't care that it only has two figures. I'll get it anyway.

Also, if someone has this set, do they have the scarecrow set too. Because I'd like to see the box for that one.

Edited by LegoShroom

2 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Does anyone still think we will somehow get clock king since he was in the preliminary image? Also I know this is off topic but will target receive another minifigure gift cube this year? Maybe that is how we will get gentleman ghost, crazy quilt, clock king, or polka dot man

ugh, comic con figs

That's the main reason I think we'll get Clock King but it could amount to nothing. I don't live in the US so I dread CC as well

-That car is superb though :classic:

Edited by Duncan Young

2 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't give up hope for other villains yet- there's still magazines, polybags, CC exclusives, any additional summer figs and DVD figs

- also, can't wait for those reviews, thanks for the heads up :classic:

I wish Lego would print a DC Superheroes (and Marvel) comic - in the same style as the Ninjago/Nexo Knights comics... free polybag would be a great way to give us obscure hero and villain minifigures

Just now, Duncan Young said:

That's the main reason I think we'll get Clock King but it could amount to nothing. I don't live in the US so I dread CC as well

I honestly would have preferred him over manbat

Just now, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I honestly would have preferred him over manbat

I agree - bit disappointing we got the Man-Bat we've already had, instead of a new version... be nice to utilise the idea Lego used with Axl in the Nexo Knights range – standard minifigure with a custom built chest piece to make him bigger than the standard figure... maybe new legs too, similar to the Pan minifigure.

I personally think they should've added another minifigure to it like a minion or polka dot man or two face

:sceptic:

Rather underwhelming set I think. Too much black and gold for my taste. Easy pass though! :thumbup:

The Penguin Arctic Roller looks awesome, although the addition of a penguin goon might've improved the overall look. Some of the 'cool' features that I noticed were:

• "High Flyer" Registration Plate
  • Fish missiles
  • Blue flick fire missiles from the push of a lever
  • Penguin ornament on the bonnet (hood) of the car
  • Hot air balloon pieces used as a decorative wheel cover
  • Pistol exhausts
  • Presumably the car rear has an opening boot

:classic:

8 minutes ago, TenorPenny said:

That roller is a superbly built car, for sure. I'm wincing already at the price in £ already though.

Do you know what the UK price is?? 

18 minutes ago, TenorPenny said:

That roller is a superbly built car, for sure. I'm wincing already at the price in £ already though.

I'd be surprised if it breaches the £40 mark. Either way, I'm happy to pass. There's no denying that's a great car they've put together and the Penguin fig is also splendid, but I feel like the minifig count here really brings the set down. Figs we've thought were in this kind of set before like Clock King for example would have been a welcome addition just to have more minifigs in there. In addition, it's just the car. This is the same gripe I have with the Batmobile and Lowrider - there's no kind of Bat-vehicle here to ride alongside it. Maybe a Bat-cycle or something could've been used just to balance the set out a bit. It just feels empty having just one build there and no smaller, secondary build to go alongside it.

Edited by Deathstroke77

27 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

I agree - bit disappointing we got the Man-Bat we've already had, instead of a new version... be nice to utilise the idea Lego used with Axl in the Nexo Knights range – standard minifigure with a custom built chest piece to make him bigger than the standard figure... maybe new legs too, similar to the Pan minifigure.

Personally I would kinda like to see something like the white Man-Bat from The Batman TV series.

Well, it looks like my first opinion on this set was pretty accurate. Just one hero and penguin. I initially thought that robin would be in this with penguin just like the old 2008 set. It's good if you want penguin in cheaper set. The car is outstanding, but it's a pass for me. 

Nice set! Sure only 2 minifigures is not enough, but build is superb compared to Riddlers set, that set needed many minifigures to sell, this one doesn't. It's just one great build.

That Scarecrow set is fantastic! However, the Scarecrow fig is kind of a let down. Couldn't they have used like a vest piece to put over a regular Scarecrow torso? Oh well, I hope the summer set Scarecrow is rumoured to be in gives us a regular version.

Glad that the Penguin set isn't that overwhelming means I have one less set to worry about. I am massively confused by the European release dates of these sets. Does anyone have 100% confirmation on the date when all of the sets (not the first 4) will be available?

4 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

@Puffle Pal26 If it's not asking too much, could you please upload the backside of the Arkham Asylum set box?

Oooh, yes, I'd really like to see what's in the Asylum. Also, you didn't happen to get the Scuttler early, too, did you?