Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

The first four sets disappeared from the canadian LEGO Shop today...   All of this has been very weirdly managed here! 

1 hour ago, Sir Gareth said:

@22kane Fellow Pennsylvanian here! By January-release sets, what do you mean, like the Clayface one?

My bad. I just realized it's the "first wave" that I saw. I thought everything was coming out January 2017. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the "limited edition" batman with two batarangs has been listed on ebay with "LEGO-BATMAN-THE BATMAN MOVIE-DC-POLYBAG-LIMITED EDITION-LEGO 2017". Not sure if it's fake but it looks pretty real and includes images of the back of the packaging as well.

Northern Indiana stores have started putting out the four Batman movie sets. I picked up the batcave and have it built, it's a good batcave but there seems to be something missing but I'm not sure what. The minifigs are excellent definitely the best part of the set.

7 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the "limited edition" batman with two batarangs has been listed on ebay with "LEGO-BATMAN-THE BATMAN MOVIE-DC-POLYBAG-LIMITED EDITION-LEGO 2017". Not sure if it's fake but it looks pretty real and includes images of the back of the packaging as well.

looks interesting none the less 

Edited by Garavenger22
spelling

On 26.11.2016 at 11:05 AM, robertgorman2505 said:

Could this possibly mean that we're getting a lego batman movie magazine?

I would love that! :drool: The builds in the "Lego Star Wars Magazine" aren't that great most of the time (except for the AT-AT), but if there's actual minifigs in every issue, I'd probably buy it every month! This would also be a good opportunity to bring more minor villains and variants of bigger characters. The franchise is certainly beloved enough and I'm sure, when the movie comes out, it will be even more popular.

18 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Yup! Went to a Target nearby and found nothing, though.

My experience with the Target's by me is that each store has a specific day for a 'reset' of the endcaps... so if the new sets are scheduled for an endcap display, regardless of street date, the employees won't put the new stuff out until 'reset' day. That being said, I've never not been able to get a new set from them as long as the DPCI shows in stock even if it's two weeks prior to street date. So even if you don't see them when you go back, just ask them to pull it from the back for you.

has anyone else noticed that the Red Hood minifigure appears to be smaller than all the others.  I don't think that it is just smaller legs like a kid minifigure uses, but the whole scale seems slightly smaller.  I highly doubt they have created a new mid-sized minifigure, but it clearly looks smaller.  Any one have any thoughts or insight as to what is going on here?

batman.JPG

Just now, RyanMe said:

has anyone else noticed that the Red Hood minifigure appears to be smaller than all the others.  I don't think that it is just smaller legs like a kid minifigure uses, but the whole scale seems slightly smaller.  I highly doubt they have created a new mid-sized minifigure, but it clearly looks smaller.  Any one have any thoughts or insight as to what is going on here?

I'd say nothing more than just bad editing

1 hour ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Northern Indiana stores have started putting out the four Batman movie sets. I picked up the batcave and have it built, it's a good batcave but there seems to be something missing but I'm not sure what. The minifigs are excellent definitely the best part of the set.

I saw them at a southern target last night

Edited by Garavenger22
capitalization

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

It's a hobbit

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

Red Hood is actually significantly bigger than the other figures, with the armor and dome creating an imposing silhouette.  Because he's (kinda) obscure and they didn't want him to overshadow the other figures, they scaled his photo down so that it wasn't as big as the other figures who're draws for the series (Batman, Joker, and Harley are bigger deals to kids, though he's probably a bigger deal to most of us AFOLs). The problem is that the change in scale was big enough that the difference in torso/legs between him and the other figs is noticeable to the naked eye.

I can't say I know why they didn't go for a less extreme change, but my guess is that they tried, but it made the arrangement of figures look too uniform in height, and they wanted a more random, assorted look for these promotional/packaging photos to represent the grab-bag nature of the CMF lines.

43 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Red Hood is actually significantly bigger than the other figures, with the armor and dome creating an imposing silhouette.  Because he's (kinda) obscure and they didn't want him to overshadow the other figures, they scaled his photo down so that it wasn't as big as the other figures who're draws for the series (Batman, Joker, and Harley are bigger deals to kids, though he's probably a bigger deal to most of us AFOLs). The problem is that the change in scale was big enough that the difference in torso/legs between him and the other figs is noticeable to the naked eye.

I can't say I know why they didn't go for a less extreme change, but my guess is that they tried, but it made the arrangement of figures look too uniform in height, and they wanted a more random, assorted look for these promotional/packaging photos to represent the grab-bag nature of the CMF lines.

They should've placed him on the back row. If done in perspective, that would've solved both the emphasis and size problems. :tongue:

Looks pretty good! Exciting! Glad to see Gentleman Ghost made it in :grin: Lol that's kind of a really disappointing set with figures... But that car looks so amazing! Love the curves and the tires!

Edited by Ashnflash

2 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

*snip*

The build looks good but Two minifigures..................... Why?? Who thought that was a good idea for such a set.

HOLY CRAP! That's awesome! BUT. 2 FIGS. 2 Figures. That's terrible.

Pass on that one. Nice set, but 2 figs is terrible value. That might sound a bit weird but personally I find the minifigs included to be a very key part to the overall value and decency of the set. Hell, look at the Riddle Racer. Last time I checked that's just Riddler's car, but still has 5 figs. This set needs one extra fig AT LEAST. Well, I wonder how long it'll be before we see the Scarecrow set up close.

Edited by Deathstroke77

First off, what's the source on the picture? Second off, dang, this confirms my theory of the retail exclusives having no exclusive villains. :sad:

Just now, just2good said:

First off, what's the source on the picture? Second off, dang, this confirms my theory of the retail exclusives having no exclusive villains. :sad:

The picture looks like it's been taken at home... One can assume that he managed to buy the set. How, I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, just2good said:

I'm the source. :wink:

Er, technically Huw from Brickset is. He has received all of the January sets from LEGO and we're gonna start reviewing them soon. Photo courtesy of him! Eurobricks is the first place you'll find it, though - he put the photo in the team chat I'm in.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Don't give up hope for other villains yet- there's still magazines, polybags, CC exclusives, any additional summer figs and DVD figs

- also, can't wait for those reviews, thanks for the heads up :classic:

Edited by Duncan Young

1 minute ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

I'm the source. :classic:

Er, technically Huw from Brickset is. He has received all of the January sets from LEGO and we're gonna start reviewing them soon. Photo courtesy of him! Eurobricks is the first place you'll find it, though - he put the photo in the team chat I'm in.

Alright, hope it's okay if I use it for a video!

Does anyone still think we will somehow get clock king since he was in the preliminary image? Also I know this is off topic but will target receive another minifigure gift cube this year? Maybe that is how we will get gentleman ghost, crazy quilt, clock king, or polka dot man

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't give up hope for other villains yet- there's still magazines, polybags, CC exclusives, any additional summer figs and DVD figs

- also, can't wait for those reviews, thanks for the heads up :classic:

ugh, comic con figs