Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Asylum Joker: Only good for the hair. He's probably gonna be common.

Can't understand this response to be honest!

That's a fantastic looking figure... orange prison uniform, which can be used for Lego City too, as well as being a cheap way of making more Batman Rogues... get this figure and simply put another villains head on it... you can populate your Arkham Assylum no problem.

23 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

Can't understand this response to be honest!

That's a fantastic looking figure... orange prison uniform, which can be used for Lego City too, as well as being a cheap way of making more Batman Rogues... get this figure and simply put another villains head on it... you can populate your Arkham Assylum no problem.

That's exactly how I see it and probably the reason to drop him in there... along with him (probably) being the main lady guy and with one cheap set and one CMF kids can get both a suited and incarcerated version of him.

Oh man... that Catman fig is SUPER close to being a Wolverine fig. Remove the chest emblem and cowl and you're pretty much there.

Edited by GeekByKnight

Loving the Batman variations here as I collect al the new Batsuits I can these days.

Will look great to put them all on the suit rotator in the Batcave set and have Lobster Loving Batman sat at the Bat Computer. Brilliant and fun.

Not quite sure if Catman is a variation or a different character altogether though like Batzarro. Might get him anyway.

Catman is his own unique character, and not a Batman variant. Although judging by all the comments about him on various boards, he might as well be a cross between Batman and Wolverine! :blush: Undoubtedly the the Bat-cowl and Wolverine claws don't help; but Lego Catman regardless is incredibility accurate to his traditional appearance. 

Related image

16 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Oh man... that Catman fig is SUPER close to being a Wolverine fig. Remove the chest emblem and cowl and you're pretty much there.

Cat-Man predates Wolverine by 11yrs.

7 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Catman is his own unique character, and not a Batman variant. Although judging by all the comments about him on various boards, he might as well be a cross between Batman and Wolverine! :blush: Undoubtedly the the Bat-cowl and Wolverine claws don't help; but Lego Catman regardless is incredibility accurate to his traditional appearance. 

-snip-

Ya before I saw the final picture I was a little bit like why are we getting him... But now I love the figure, so accurate! 

On a side note am I the only one that's a little bummed out about the Lobster-lovin Batman not coming with an actual robe piece... :sceptic: I guess they didn't want us to have an easy way to get a skin coloured muscle torso. 

Just now, Ashnflash said:

I guess they didn't want us to have an easy way to get a skin coloured muscle torso

Why would they not want that? Those have been around for years already.

I suppose they can only develop new cloth items once in a while, for some reason unknown to us little people. There was a rumor somewhere that a trench-coat might be in the works, that would be a more exciting to me than a smoking robe, more uses anyway.

I think the robe thing would be close to the trenchcoat in one sense but it's the closing mechanism that's the issue with it. Custom trenchcoats are notoriously hard to close so having something that's meant to be wrapped tightly around the figure probably wouldn't work on a practical level hence it being printed.

6 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Why would they not want that? Those have been around for years already.

I suppose they can only develop new cloth items once in a while, for some reason unknown to us little people. There was a rumor somewhere that a trench-coat might be in the works, that would be a more exciting to me than a smoking robe, more uses anyway.

Because that piece is very old and rare. It's only come in two sets and I never wound up picking one up.... And ya I guess designing a new piece like that would be a lot of work. But like look at all the other cloth apparel they've added.  

Edited by Ashnflash

33 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

Cat-Man predates Wolverine by 11yrs.

And? All I said was the fig would be easily modded to make a version of Wolverine we'll probably never see in Lego form. I.e, this guy ⬇⬇⬇⬇

3972592-brown-and-tan-wolverine.jpg

Not the best CMF wave but there are some interesting minifigures and accessories. Commissioner Gordon and Red Hood are most haves. Probably going to pick up a few Jokers to get the prison uniforms. Maybe an eraser, both Barbaras, fairy batman, a couple of lobsters. As for everything else, I'll skip.

I'm fearful they'll be going back to a s10 /11 distribution for this series.  I would love to be wrong though. 

32 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

And? All I said was the fig would be easily modded to make a version of Wolverine we'll probably never see in Lego form. I.e, this guy ⬇⬇⬇⬇

Lego already made that Wolverine in 2014's X-Men set. I do love how accurate Catman is! When I first saw the series I thought it was a weird Batman suit but I like that they're making new characters with Batman's cowl. 

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Wait so the CMF will be 5.60 each!

That was the USD equivalent of a foreign currency. No price hike for the US that we know of.

Is it just me, or does Mime's torso look like it could work for Black Alice? Glad to be getting Catman and Red Hood! Some great characters and pieces that will be very useful! :D 

These are... meh. Some of them are disappointing, others look great - I will be very disappointed if I don't get my hands on the Red Hood, Calculator and Eraser figs.

Edited by Deathstroke77

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Lego already made that Wolverine in 2014's X-Men set. I do love how accurate Catman is! When I first saw the series I thought it was a weird Batman suit but I like that they're making new characters with Batman's cowl. 

Oh really? Curse you past-me for ditching lego as a kid!!!

34 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Oh really? Curse you past-me for ditching lego as a kid!!!

Hey, don't worry! You can still get that set on BrickLink for even cheaper than the original retail value! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

These are... meh. Some of them are disappointing, others look great - I will be very disappointed if I don't get my hands on the Red Hood, Calculator and Eraser figs.

I'm really glad the more obscure rogues are accurate to a previous appearance in comics. Even calculator is pretty really great. Buying them all.

3 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I went to walmart and they had the lowrider for $44, Mr. Freeze for $17, and the Batcave which did not have a price

Wait so the CMF will be 5.60 each!

Saw the Lowrider ($44 at one, $49 at the other), Freeze (unmarked) and Batmobile (also unmarked). If the CMFs are anything over the already-ridiculous 3.99 I'm gonna have to pass on several. Prices on the TLBM series are out of hand as it is.

Edited by K_Tiger

3 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

And... no need to get snotty mate, not having a go... merely pointing out a fact... like the fact that Wolverine figure appeared in set 76022! :wink:

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures