Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, Slink00 said:

Great series!!!! Mime is a great surprise. Hope Clock King, Polka Dot Man and Gentleman Ghost come in a summer set.

and Crazy quilt

My thoughts on this series

All the batsuits: Didn't Batman say he only wears black and very very dark gray? So wtf LEGO, you are contradicting yourself here. Fairy Batman and Caveman Batman are very far from black.

Vacation Batman: The mask in the duck kinda ruins it. It would have been much better in a regular CMF character with the duck without the mask. Sadly this probably means that piece won't appear again in the CMF line. We will probably see it in a City set next year with the rumored coast guard subtheme for 2017

Zodiac, Pencil, Mime, Calculator, March Harriet: I don't know who they are. And after reading comments on facebook, it seems I'm not alone. I don't see how could they be relevant enough to deserve a spot in a CMF line. The Pencil Guy head mould is impressive. Looks like a robot to me. Expect for the Pencil, these are just not good enough to be CMF's. 

Orca: A recolor of the Shark Suit Guy is kinda lame. The printing looks good, but it doesn't look like a whale to me. 

Pink Power Batgirl: That's probably her first costume for batgirl. Nice way to get that hairpiece. Looks nice as a minifigure overall.

Nurse Harley Quinn: I knew a nurse version was on her way because the S14 Zombie Cheerleader hairpiece has a hole, which is perfect for a nurse hat. It's surprising to see her here. It looks amazing. And a cheap way to get that awesome hairpiece. Best minifigure in the wave.

King Tut. Amazing minifigure. The printing is impressive. I love how they printed the headdress. Very useful. One of the highlights of the series. 

Catman. No comments here. Uninteresting to me. The printing is too specific to be reused on something else. Decent minifigures overall.

Joker. He comes in a set, so is kinda lame for a CMF. Just a new face print doesn't justify giving him a spot in the CMF line.

Barbara Gordon. Love the cap+hair, and the torso. She looks very useful of a Renee Montoya minifigure.

Dick Grayson, Commissioner Gordon: Very well done, especially Gordon. The printing is super detailed. 

Red Hood. Everyone loves him on facebook. To me, it looks kinda meh. 

Overall, I think this is the weakest CMF so far. Even worse than the Simpsons 2 series, and that's saying something. They didn't need 20 spots for this. The Batsuits don't make sense since Batman himself said he only wears black. Most of the villains are not popular enough to be interesting, some of these look even disturbing like the Whale-Shark Guy and the Mime. 

For anybody wondering why they have such obscure characters, it's pretty obvious  With the lego batman movie series this is our only way to get super obscure figures they'd never be allowed to give us in a normal dc set. That's why we are also getting Kite Man, Calendar Man etc. in the actual sets. I'm sorry if you don't know who alot of these characters are, but for us that do we are in heaven right now. 

Edited by Thelegodan

To be honest, I think of the batsuits in a similar way, I think it shoul be better if all of them were more serius suits, but seeing the whole tone of this universe, I think they fit in quit perfect, the whole color thing was just a joke from batman, not to be taken too serius.

The villians being obscure is a great idea, as it is very hard they'll appear outside this theme, and Imo They look awesome.

Edited by Walter529a
Some mistakes.

1 hour ago, Legomaster34 said:

It looks like there might be some green painted on Lobster Lovin' Batman's platter. If so that makes him even better! :laugh:

Tomalley! Ha!

I for one am glad that a lot of folks are not interested in these figures because they don't know the characters or like the variations. Less demand means better availability and prices in the secondary market for those of us interesting in getting all the figs. Plus they get to give their wallets a break, so everybody wins.  :grin:

Edited by BrickHat

Alrighty then, since everyone else is doing it, here goes:

Glam Metal Batman - This guy looks so over the top and ridiculous and awesome. I'm especially glad for a new guitar with printing. If we don't see KISS mods with this guy, I'll eat my hat. I'll have to buy a hat first, but that's okay.
Clan of the Cave Batman - My least favorite of the Bat-suits. Still cool. I wish it looked more like the Grant Morrison caveman-era Batman, but that would have be way too complicated. This is neat for what it is.
Vacation Batman - So cool. I love everything about this figure. I was looking forward to the bare-chested torso for other uses, but that shirt is so cool that I can't complain. 
Fairy Batman - As well as being thrilled at getting the tutu in pink, I love everything about this one. Rock on, pink Batman! 
Lobster-Lovin' Batman - My favorite of the Bat-suits! The body is infinitely reusable, we get a freaking lobster, and I loved this scene in the trailer. This guy is so classy. Also: tomalley! Ha!
Catman - Very nice. It's hard to see that cowl as anyone other than Batman, but the use of the short-eared cowl helps with that.
Zodiac Master - No idea who this is, but he looks nice. As with a few others in this series, I doubt I'll pass up this opportunity to expand my LEGO Batman's rogues gallery as much as possible. (I'm still not gonna get Killer Croc, though. Maybe one day they'll bring him back as a minifig. Sigh.)
Dick Grayson - Decent plain-clothes fleshie. What a lovely sweater :laugh: Gotta have that Bat-Shark Repellent! I'm also glad to get the hair-and-glasses combo without the green goggle effect.
Nurse Harley Quinn - Love the expression, love the hat, love the hair, couldn't care less about the torso/legs. It doesn't look bad, I just don't care about it.
Commissioner Gordon - The commish looks wonderful! His printing is simply amazing.
Calculator - 07734 might be my favorite random bit from this series. Classic. Not "Batman" classic, but "grade school" classic.
Mime - Same as Zodiac Master. Someone mention the mohawk being blue. I thought it was standard black. But in the close-ups, it does seem to have a bluish cast to it. Curious. I'd love it to be dark blue, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Orca - This is probably my least favorite fig of the series. She just looks off. I concur with all the "black shark" sentiments. I understand reusing molds, but it doesn't look great. The head is interesting though. If I don't collect all of them, this will be my first cut. Sorry, Orca :sceptic:
Arkham Asylum Joker - FANTASTIC. Now I don't have to get the actual Arkham Asylum set in order to get the jumper! This was the main reason I didn't believe the latest leak, but hey, I'm grateful!
Red Hood - So cool. I'm insanely glad that he has the Red Hood head under his red hood. There's no way I was going to buy the Dentures of Doom set.
Eraser - Again, no idea who this is, but he looks great! And his pencil-tip toe-printing is delightful.
Barbara Gordon - Always nice to have more fleshies, and I like her constituent parts. It still doesn't remind me of any Barbara Gordon I know. So much about her is different in this movie, which is cool, but hey, like I said.
King Tut - More 66ers are always welcome, and he looks great. Love that expression!
March Harriet - See Zodiac Master and Mime. The continued production of rabbit helmets makes me hopeful for a Bunny Suit Guy re-release.
Pink Power Batgirl - Whoever linked to the bad Batgirl Halloween costume had it right on the money. It still looks great as a minifigure though!

Phew! That's a lot of words. And so few complete sentences! FINAL VERDICT: I'm loving this series. I'll probably end up getting them all. And I'll probably end up getting duplicates of quite a few in order to wipe the parts for monochrome figs. Weeee! I'm disappointed that the Clock King didn't make it through from the preliminary image, but hopefully we'll see him and his ridiculous head before the theme is through.

Edited by rob-ot5000

I hoped for better known enemies, but I guess those obscure ones wouldn't get a chance for a minifigure form anyway.

I'll get the Batman forms and the Gordons.

I'm a Marvel fan with little interest in DC properties, but The Lego Batman Movie looks sensational and these CMFs are incredible. Great work, Lego Group. I'll be buying them just cos they're beautiful. How I wish they were Marvel figures ...

I'm really impressed with the quality of the printing on these. While not a huge Batman fan, I'll be getting the series as I like collecting the CMF range. It looks like there are enough unique pieces to make identifying each character not too difficult. I'm very interested to see the distribution for each character per box.

Just like the Halloween CMF, I don't mind getting all of them. I want to get multiple Calculator Man's for my space needs. I also like that TLG and the designers from the LEGO Batman Movie are coming IMO with more original and fun designs then they're based off from exisiting Batman media. The Killer Croc set; just too crazy and awesome for example, It hits all the right spots in me.

1 hour ago, Coopa182 said:

I'm really impressed with the quality of the printing on these. While not a huge Batman fan, I'll be getting the series as I like collecting the CMF range. It looks like there are enough unique pieces to make identifying each character not too difficult. I'm very interested to see the distribution for each character per box.

It was one of my first looks, if they were good to feel. And they seem very much easy to distinguish. Anyone who tried to feel the German Soccer players - that was a pain..

I'm not going to give a breakdown of what I think of the figures but I think they're about as good as a CMF line based on a Lego Batman Movie I haven't seen yet could be. We were never going to get loads of main characters in it. The Lego Movie CMF line has a variant of Wyldestyle along with regular versions of Emmett, Bad Cop and Lord Business. Then 12 randoms from throughout the film... No Bennie, No Virtruvius, No Batman.

I never look at CMF waves as just a vehicle for parts for customs or figbarfs.. they have to work as their own figure first and foremost. Vacation Batman is actually a great way to get dual moulded short arms with black sleeves (a little eraser or brasso work on the Batman logo on the sleeve and you're fine).

All of Batman's major rogues are included in both regular form and prison form with room for a couple of variants in between. The only ones we're not getting straight away are already rumoured for the summer wave. So we'll be missing Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and a couple of others... so what? We don't know if they're in the film so how can they be in the sets? You're always going to have people who don't know these characters.. especially with a younger audience... they're not the people Bats goes up against in the New 52 or Rebirth. We had someone who didn't know who the mutant leader was and he's in one of the seminal Batman works... it's fine if you don't know them but I don't think they should be dismissed simply because they're not the mainstream bad guys we always get.

When the film comes out and we have the summer wave to look at everything that was released and what the content of the film was we'll be able to see if there were any glaring omissions... with regards to characters I'd have been happy if they'd just gone for obscure villains (there's been a story where d-list villains go after Batman because they're sick of not being considered the cream of the villain crop and they work together to be taken more seriously). There's wave after wave of DC Super Heroes to follow as the theme has been categorised as evergreen. 

This is an AMAZING series, wow..  SO huge.  I'll be getting:

• Bunny Suit Girl V2
  • Gordon
  • Caveman Batman
  • Leathersuit Batman
  • Swimsuit Batman
  • Batgirl
  • Robin
  • Robe de Chambre Batman
  • Harley Quinn
  • Pink suit Batman
  • Sharksuit Guy V2

That's six MF's from a single line, a first for me.  I try to always buy no more than 5 as a principle, this will be impossible..

Edited by appiah4

I hope the distribution of the minifigures will be aligned to what majority of the people wants...or perhaps TLG should just put 3 complete set in a box of 60 to make it fair enough. 

A funny and colorful CMF series.

I am not exactly a DC fan, and since the last couple of price hikes not aiming anymore for complete CMF series neither, but I will try to get a couple of these.. just for fun or for use outside the Batman universe:

* the pink punky girl (Mime?) : no idea who or what she is, but I think she will make a nice guest appearance as a dancer/singer in Jabba's palace.

* the rabbit girl (March Hare?) : pitty they gave her that cowl instead of hair with rabbit ears, as she appears in the comic drawings I have seen..  but maybe then her occupation would be to obvious to be still acceptable as a Lego minifig

* Catman :  I don't know the character, but he looks like a mix of Batman, Wolverine and the Night Owl..  cool..  a universal caped villain / hero .. and I like the yellow brown color combination

* rocker Batman :  oh yes... just as a standalone fig .. even with the Batgear one can just put him in a band in Lego town

* lobster Batman:  for the robes and the lobster

* comm Gordon : I like that sloppy look , a very nice torso for a PI

* pink Batgirl : no idea what I can use her for, but just really like the figure..

and some maybes:

*CaveBatman : would be a yes if he came without the necklace which limits its use a bit...  ( I do not use brasso on my figs)

*Swimsuit Batman : very wacky .. a real fun minifig,  I like the ducky lifesaver, but since I do not collect / display DC, the fig will probably end up in the parts bin, while the parts are in fact to specific to be used elsewhere..

* King Tut : would make a nice historic figure, but 95% of my history figs are yellows...  ; idem goes for the CaveBatman

some parts I like, not included in the figs above:

the white space armor of the Calculator guy ; the pencil head of the Eraser guy ; the pink tutu and cowl of the Fairy...  that pink cowl might turn into a sought item in a couple of years.. like the red Darth Vader or white Boba Fet helmets..

As said before, I am not really a DC fan, so I might be wrong..  but apparently there are a lot of obscure characters included in this series?

One can only hope that one day something similar will be possible  for Star Wars,  or a (mixed) series with forgotten characters of other past licensed themes.

I'm a massive Bat-fan first and foremost, and not surprised some people don't recognise some of the 'fringe' villains.

Personally, I love them... it's the multiple Bat-suits i'm not that bothered about... great for the 'fun' element, and my son loves them – but for me, getting hold of obscure/old Rogues is a must... Zodiac Master, Cat-Man, the Calculator, Eraser and Tut are especially nice. Stand out figure for me though is James Gordon - would have preferred the trench-coat version, but the print on this guy is superb. Would have also liked a generic Gotham Cop as an army-builder.

It will also be interesting to see what's under the Red Hood's hood... it should technically be a pre-white Joker... the body though could be used to make a great Alex Ross Joker, or even Leto from Suicide Squad.

1 minute ago, dario2739 said:

I'm a massive Bat-fan first and foremost, and not surprised some people don't recognise some of the 'fringe' villains.

Personally, I love them... it's the multiple Bat-suits i'm not that bothered about... great for the 'fun' element, and my son loves them – but for me, getting hold of obscure/old Rogues is a must... Zodiac Master, Cat-Man, the Calculator, Eraser and Tut are especially nice. Stand out figure for me though is James Gordon - would have preferred the trench-coat version, but the print on this guy is superb. Would have also liked a generic Gotham Cop as an army-builder.

It will also be interesting to see what's under the Red Hood's hood... it should technically be a pre-white Joker... the body though could be used to make a great Alex Ross Joker, or even Leto from Suicide Squad.

It is Jason Todd's red hood mask 

I really like it to get the more obscure villains/characters. I know catman from Fairly Odd Parents (not the same, but in my Lego town he is :p) calculator from Arrow where he had a pretty good role, king tut of course from the 66 batman serie and the others from batman the brave and the bold. Definitely trying to get them all.

9 hours ago, Thelegodan said:

I'm sorry if you don't know who a lot of these characters are, but for us that do we are in heaven right now. 

Agreed. I love me some classics.

CMF series 16 used to be selling for USD 4 dollars equivalent in Singapore.

They have announced a price of USD 5.60 equivalent for the Batman CMF's here.

Be prepared 

I'm not saying that the minifigures are bad, but most of us dont know who they are. I think some of these like Mime and Zodiac could have been in a set and Clayface minifigure and Mr Freeze in jumpsuit would have been better CMFs