Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

These good awesome! I'll probably pick all of them up. I love the new pieces like the duck floaty and the lobster. I'm glad Gordon is in the series as I wasn't planning on picking up the Scuttler. I wish there were more bat-suits and I was really expecting a pink bat-suit for Batgirl but instead we got this halloween costume. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjY07S2urzQAhXK6CYKHb3qA-MQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FRubies-Batgirl-Costume%2F21888361&psig=AFQjCNExdfcHhNUIhTx_Ekn4SA_1R8ewZQ&ust=1479907292348131

Edited by Rookie875

I think it's a fantastic CMF line up. Five completely silly but totally necessary Batman figures. Completely obscure Bat rogues that would probably never see the light of day in any other release. Alternate versions of main characters that appear in other sets. The only figure that seems strange is the Joker as it looks very near to the Arkham version but with maybe a new head. Maybe they just liked the idea of giving people a way to get prison uniforms relatively easily for other characters.

I don't think we can blame the designers here for there not being a Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist. Lego and/or DC just don't feel like those characters are needed at this stage same as they don't feel the need to include Batman Beyond. There's always the summer wave sets for those characters... or the winter or summer waves after that. I think we should just enjoy the obscurity for what it is.

Wow, I'm surprised how well these figures look. The nurse costume Harley wears is for sure based on the one she weared in the Arkham games. Joker is also the only repeat. I'm really happy with how this turned out.

I've finally figured out how the redhood figure is made, it's the same piece as used for Mr. Freeze but now in red. I really like it.

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Added some stuff

They're going to save important, fan desired characters like that for future sets, don't forget that they've got these things planned out years in advance. Why blow a batman beyond figure on a 3 dollar purchase when they can get you to buy a sixty dollar set three years from now with him in it?

Really like Barbara Gordon, when I saw that police hat in the 2017 city sets I figured it would be used for her. The pink Batgirl is definitely bizarre, but I'll get her too. Commissioner Gordon is maybe my favorite, just perfect. Nurse Harley is pretty awesome too, very Arkham Asylum. This makes me wonder where that skirterd version of her from that banner is going to appear. Store exclusive maybe? Red Hood is awesome too.

The rest I'm not particularly in love with. They're all well designed, but many of them are characters or variations I have no interest in. Still some I'll pick up just for the pieces (the robes, lobster, rubber ducky and some of the minifigure parts for sure).

I'd like to say that the Arkham Joker is the most disappointing one. It kind of depreciates the Arkham set to release this version here, if only just slightly.

I just noticed it's the sad face joker from the trailer, the one I was begging for since I knew of its existence, only with the arkham outfit this time around (which is better since we get regular joker in a very cheap set and we will be able to get a lot of arkham suits really cheap) now I officially like all the figures.

I stand by my 'Finallllyy' :P

They're all looking good. Pink power for the win!

10 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Have any of our usually reliable insiders confirmed yet that the list of 20 CMFs is legit? I have a hard time believing that we're going to get an Arkham Asylum Joker and a Nurse Harley in the CMF series and the Arkham set. 

Well, I stand corrected! These look great. Thanks for sharing!

I was a bit confused by Red Hood at first, but he looks great and the dome just clicks over his head onto the Freeze armor piece he's using. I cannot express enough of my love for this series! I wish I could get most of the LBM sets, but I'm saving for the Disney Castle so I'll probably just pick up Arkham Asylum, Riddler's Riddle Racer, the CMF series, and maybe a couple smaller sets too. 

Wow that looks great!!! Even better than I thought it would!

My only complaint I have is the Joker minifigure and the Barbara Gordon figure. I'm happy to get an alternate Joker face, but they could've put it under the Red Hood mask. And we're already getting two other Barbara Gordon police figures, it would've been nice to get something a little different. 

Oh I just realized that if you don't count the vacation Batman and Lobster loving Batman. There are only 3 alternate Bat-suits, plus the one from Dimensions and you fill the rotating suit display from the Batcave set. But I already made my own so it doesn't really matter :tongue:

Huge Batman fan right here (just look at that title) :laugh: but I have to say... Not a fan of this series. Of course it encompasses the zany world of the Lego Batman Movie but that isn't really up my alley. One of the weakest minifigure series imo. 

The only ones I'll definitely be picking up are: Red Hood (love that its a combination  of the Jason Todd and OG Joker versions), Lobster Batman (for the lobster of course), and Commisoner Gordon. Orca and Rock Star Batman are cool too but I think I'll pass on them. 

Anyone notice how the Eraser has pencil tip printing on his feet? :laugh: :thumbup:

Edited by Mr Greeble

Well, there goes my wallet again :laugh: Red Hood, Calculator, Orca, and Lobster Lovin' Batman (YES) are definitely my favorites.

Along with the twitter photo LEGO have also posted individual image of each figure in the series on their Facebook wall, they look great.

Stunning figures overall I think. There's lots of great detail and tremendous printing all around. Shark-Repellent, the Calculator's "hello" face, all great inclusions. The more I look at these the more I forget that I'd rather have some more well-known villains and instead just accept these as nice figures I want too. 

Catman is by far my favorite, but Commissioner Gordon is particularly well done. 

1 minute ago, DangerLiam said:

Along with the twitter photo LEGO have also posted individual image of each figure in the series on their Facebook wall, they look great.

Which Facebook wall do you mean? I can't find this.