Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Tupiaz said:

Calendar Man got his make over as a Hannibal Lector kind of character (Batman interviews him on several occasions to get ideas on who the killer is) in The Long halloween from the mid 90s written by Jeph Loeb and Dran by Tim sale. Great stort which has a lot of Batman's rogues in the stor. Worth reading. Shouldn't be hard to track down as TPB (trade paperback).

Hard to do with out any info on the summersets. If the all have a regular Batman as the winter wave then it will be around 14-18. We got 4 in the sets and IIRC there would be 10-14 Batman in the CMF 5 non Batman heroes and 5-7 villains. That is of cause if the list is correct. Some have speculated that te CMF will all have exclusive figures and Batsuits appearing other places like Excalibur Batman won't be in the CMF line. 

I'm a Batfan of 40+ years... I got the Long Halloween when it originally came out - didn't want to bog-down the thread with too much detail!

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

We had no idea about Calculator until yesterday, we can still hold out for Condiment King. He could either be in CMF or one of those additional random villains in a summer set

Calculator? How did we hear about that? :D

After looking back over all the sets again - it's struck me that there is one thing I'm not 'sold' on... the Joker's teeth! Why has he got sharp teeth? Other than that I love everything so far.

1 minute ago, dario2739 said:

I'm a Batfan of 40+ years... I got the Long Halloween when it originally came out - didn't want to bog-down the thread with too much detail!

It wasn't my point to bog-down the the thread. My point was simply that it was a great first Batman story to get if you anybody was interested in learning more about the Calendar man. besides it is a great comic for new readers. 

42 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

After looking back over all the sets again - it's struck me that there is one thing I'm not 'sold' on... the Joker's teeth! Why has he got sharp teeth? Other than that I love everything so far.

I like them, but I think they could have got inspiration from 'The Batman' TV series Joker as they have also used the Kabuki Twins from that show.

The_Joker_(The_Batman).jpg

38 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

I like them, but I think they could have got inspiration from 'The Batman' TV series Joker as they have also used the Kabuki Twins from that show.

I don't really see any inspiration from 'The Batman'. Joker has always had an oversized smile especially in every animated show. That one Exoforce hairpiece is closer to the show than the new hairpiece, which is just a bigger crazier version of his usual slicked-back hair in the comics. I think Joker's new design is just that, another unique take, with the sharp teeth and the skull patterned tie.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

What a fantastic line-up :thumbup: These sets are so awesome I don't know where to start :grin:

My favourite bits and parts are certainly the jeweller's shop (especially the store sign), the Riddler's cane, the window pieces that are used as part of his car (those are new in trans-yellow, right?), the zip line handles that work surprisingly well as driving mirrors, the villain quartet in that set (yeay for bob haircut in white!), Clayface's eyes that are more detailed after all, the 8-ball, Killer Croc in general (which might be my new favourite big-fig, love that they've used the classic crocodile head :wub:), his awesome truck and Tarantula with the CMF diner waitress hairpiece in black :laugh: 

Just now, maginnster27 said:

Are Killer Croc's new arms the giant troll ones from castle (2008)?

No. They are recolored arms of Rancor from 75005 Lego Rancor Pit set.

10 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Anyone know if we'll be getting two face in any other sets apart from arkham?

Not this wave unless he is going to be in the Penguin Arctic Roller. He'll probably end up in the summer wave together with Bane.

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

@TheBrickBuilder14 literally praying that he is in the penguin limo

Dont get your hopes up too high... there has literally been no indication that he is indeed going to be in that set. I am also disappointed since his suit looks fantastic but I guess we're going to have to wait until the summer to get our hands on it.

His suit looks just like tommy lee jones' suit from batman forever but with billy dee williams playing the character. I love it!

Edited by robertgorman2505

His suit looks just like tommy lee jones' suit from batman forever but with billy dee williams playing the character. I love it!

Only thing I don't like is the underwear that is visible on the black leg, but that can easily be fixed by switching legs. (assuming the figure will indeed have underwear printing like is shown in the trailers).

2 hours ago, dario2739 said:

You are not alone.  It makes me think more of Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's It.  It made me finally break down to buy the Dimensions pack with the Joker and Harley since it might be a while before we get anything other than this new version.  

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I don't really see any inspiration from 'The Batman'. Joker has always had an oversized smile especially in every animated show. That one Exoforce hairpiece is closer to the show than the new hairpiece, which is just a bigger crazier version of his usual slicked-back hair in the comics. I think Joker's new design is just that, another unique take, with the sharp teeth and the skull patterned tie.

Yeah, but in the Notorius Lowrider, he hasn't got the jacket and it looks like The Batman Joker when he doesn't have the jacket, also the Kabuki Twins originated in The Batman TV series, also this is the closest that I found the Joker looks than any other.

1 minute ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I honestly quite like the joker, and I really hope we get his sad face from the trailer in a set.

They might have a two sided face on the figure in the Balloon Escape set

@J3D1-T I hope so, as I plan to get that set.

Yeah, I love the balloon build and absolutely love the new Joker minifigure. It seems that they are dishing out Batman like he is Emmet which is awesome!