Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I'v asked loads of times now, but I'll ask again. Is November 27th the release date for TLBM movie sets in the UK/Europe, too?

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

The only dates we know are November 27th and Jaunary 1st. The former for the Batcave/Freeze/Lowrider/Batmobile and the latter for everything else listed at this time (Arkham/Balloon/Scuttler).

We do not know any international release dates; we only know the literal dates that have been provided with set press releases. Even those are just presumed US release dates. When we know more, it will be noted on the first page if this thread, where all the above information can already be found. 

1 hour ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

I'v asked loads of times now, but I'll ask again. Is November 27th the release date for TLBM movie sets in the UK/Europe, too?

I spoke to someone at Toys R Us this morning who claims they recieved these sets Friday. Whether that's true, I don't know,  (seems like a weird lie, but who knows) but it would suggest they are due out the 27th in the UK.

It's very weird how they are releasing the sets in smaller separate waves like this. I don't recall this happening with the release of The Lego Movie sets. I'm sure LEGO is doing what is most profitable but it just seems odd to me. Does anyone have any idea why they would release those four sets earlier than the others?   

1 minute ago, GentlemanJoker said:

It's very weird how they are releasing the sets in smaller separate waves like this. I don't recall this happening with the release of The Lego Movie sets. I'm sure LEGO is doing what is most profitable but it just seems odd to me. Does anyone have any idea why they would release those four sets earlier than the others?   

They need shelf stock during the holidays I'd guess. 

3 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

I'm not complaining, this will help to ease the pain my wallet is gonna be feeling next year.

2 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

I've just noticed that the 27th of November is a Sunday. Isn't that an odd day to release... well, anything?

Yeah - I don't get why they won't just release them on Dec 1 for holidays... and it doesn't even hit the Black Friday shopping spree, which is two days before that... quite odd.

19 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Yeah - I don't get why they won't just release them on Dec 1 for holidays... and it doesn't even hit the Black Friday shopping spree, which is two days before that... quite odd.

Exactly, but I guess Lego knows what they're doing.

3 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

I've just noticed that the 27th of November is a Sunday. Isn't that an odd day to release... well, anything?

The day directly after that is "Cyber Monday", sort of a lesser Black Friday aimed mainly at online sales. That's the point of the timing there.

4 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Technically, yes, because 27 is an odd number, but otherwise, why not? Sunday is a great day to release new products because so many people have the day off to go buy them.

Releasing them on Cyber Monday draws people to the website who already braved Black Friday, and aren't willing to tackle shopping in stores for a couple days. Besides, most non-Lego fans will assume that they're only on the website.

And the reason why Lego splits up the launches of some themes? Well they want you to come back and buy more Lego don't they? Odds are is that you'll impulse buy and something else, whether Lego or not.

In most retail situations, footfall is what prioritizes a store for improvements and incentives to get people in stores. If one retail location for a retail chain didn't bring in people, do you think they would keep that location/deem it profitable? By forcing us to go back to stores, they're giving relevance to the location where the product is being sold. This of course is one of the many (if not the easiest to understand of) reasons that footfall in stores (online traffic as well) is so important, and why they use tactics like these in the first place.

TL;DR1: People don't want to shop again/are afraid to shop after Black Friday. Why not shop online, instead?

TL;DR2: Forcing you to go to a store on multiple occasions is a ploy to get you to (impulse) buy more stuff, whether Lego or not, hence Lego splitting up launch waves.

Edited by Penkid11
Added TL;DRs

25 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Releasing them on Cyber Monday draws people to the website who already braved Black Friday, and aren't willing to tackle shopping in stores for a couple days. Besides, most non-Lego fans will assume that they're only on the website.

And the reason why Lego splits up the launches of some themes? Well they want you to come back and buy more Lego don't they? Odds are is that you'll impulse buy and something else, whether Lego or not.

In most retail situations, footfall is what prioritizes a store for improvements and incentives to get people in stores. If one retail location for a retail chain didn't bring in people, do you think they would keep that location/deem it profitable? By forcing us to go back to stores, they're giving relevance to the location where the product is being sold. This of course is one of the many (if not the easiest to understand of) reasons that footfall in stores (online traffic as well) is so important, and why they use tactics like these in the first place.

TL;DR1: People don't want to shop again/are afraid to shop after Black Friday. Why not shop online, instead?

TL;DR2: Forcing you to go to a store on multiple occasions is a ploy to get you to (impulse) buy more stuff, whether Lego or not, hence Lego splitting up launch waves.

Very good points. Forgot about Cyber Monday!

This might be old news, but I've been behind on this thread: are we seriously getting Tarantula?? Like, Tarantula, the villain whose only claim to fame is raping Nightwing?? Like, if that's the case, I don't ever wanna hear anybody say Punisher is out of the question ever again.

Hello all, it's been quite some time since I've commented on here and a lot has happened since then. I must say, I was incredibly disappointed when I learned that we get another year of Batman, but wow has this theme got me hooked! Anyways, I guess this is where I talk about the sets and all that. 

The Scuttler has got to be the best bat-vehicle Lego has come up with.... and yes that is a pretty crappy accomplishment to be given. Poison Ivy has the best design on a minifigure I've seen in a long time. Perfect hairpiece with exaggerated curls, incredible costume that combines elements of most of her costumes, and an ideal face that has a  very Pamela Isley feel to it. Not sure why Lego felt the need to make Batgirl and Commissioner Gordon black, I mean I'm all for diversity (and admittedly, the Bat-verse has very little of that) but why? Our first sorta-comic inspired Commissioner Gordon and he's not as accurate as expected. Oh well, I'm glad we're getting him anyways.

That trailer! Wow, polka dot man appears to be wearing the football players helmet? March Harriet looks pretty cool, not someone I'm familiar with but definitely gonna pick up her figure anyways. Kite Man is kind of a let down, shouldn't he have had dual molded legs? I remember him having dark green boots but perhaps I'm just remembering things.

Overall pretty good. I guess Mad Harriet was confused with March Harriet in the prelims? Their names are pretty similar I can see why someone would confuse the two. The minifigure series actually looks pretty weak to me. No Batwoman figure rumored to be in any of the sets, Batman Beyond is absent and some of the choices were just odd. Why were 6 out of the 20 characters Batman suits? And yet somehow the sets almost all contain the same Batman figure. Might just be me but I don't see the appeal in a tutu Batman or a Bat-Pack. Although I'll admit, Raggae Bat is pretty awesome. One thing that did surprise me was the inclusion of Tarantula. I thought she was a cool character when she was first rumored to be in the killer croc set, but now she definitely got my attention seeing as I don't have to buy a huge red truck some sewer pieces to get her. Overall, this theme is looking to be okay. Hopefully we'll see Gentleman Ghost somewhere, I was most excited to see him.

4 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Like, Tarantula, the villain whose only claim to fame is raping Nightwing??

The heck ?!

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The heck ?!

Grayson becomes overwhelmed by his realization that he didn’t stop Tarantula from killing Blockbuster and is unable to resist her advances, [Tarantula] forces herself on Dick in the midst of his emotional breakdown. That's from her Comicvine entry, and they have the panels where this happened in the Images section, but I'd rather not put those here for any number of reasons. 

There have been two different Tarantulas - I'm guessing they'll be going with the original one from the 40's, not the Catalina Flores version.

Is she confirmed to appear in a set?

Is this the character we are talikng about?

Image result for batman tarantula

11 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

There have been two different Tarantulas - I'm guessing they'll be going with the original one from the 40's, not the Catalina Flores version.

I would hope. It's really hard to find anything on that guy, though, as far as photo reference is concerned.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is she confirmed to appear in a set?

Is this the character we are talikng about?

I saw Tarantula listed in one of the sets about 20 pages back. That's the more commonly known Tarantula, but Banjo's probably right about them using the Silver Age Tarantula. 

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

I believe when it was stated Tarantula would appear, the person who said we'd be getting Tarantula said it would be the female version of the character.

Also since everyone appears to believe in that leaked CMF list, if you look at it Tarantula is there and female. I don't believe in the list, but clearly most here do

Remember the CMF photo is real but it's not the final set of figures.

I think she was rumored to be in the Killer Croc Truck set? Delta said that