Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Just to clarify: The CMF image is 100% legitimate. The Reddit post has been taken down, but not by the Reddit mods, so LEGO must have been notified or something. I'm guessing my theory from a few pages back is correct.

Plus.. yeah it's real. ;)

Hrm. Now I wish I had saved that image.

20 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Hrm. Now I wish I had saved that image.

It's still out there....

49 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Just to clarify: The CMF image is 100% legitimate. The Reddit post has been taken down, but not by the Reddit mods, so LEGO must have been notified or something. I'm guessing my theory from a few pages back is correct.

Just to clarify, is the image you're taking about is the one with chief joker, clock king, and tooth fairy batman?

1 hour ago, LegoPercyJ said:

Just to clarify, is the image you're taking about is the one with chief joker, clock king, and tooth fairy batman?

That's the one!

Ok so I've just found a picture through Google Images which matches some of the minifigure descriptions above (Tooth Fairy Batman was the standout) but could anyone provide a full list of what the rest of them will be? Very excited for this CMF wave now and trying to collect some of these should be pretty fun. 

So now that the image has been confirmed as legitimate, are we allowed to openly discuss it (even though we can't post it or link to it)? I'm going to assume so.

The only version of the image I've seen is extremely low-res and hard to make out. Has anyone been able to identify them all? Numbers 9, 13, and 18 are particularly puzzling for me...

1 - Tooth Fairy Batman
2 - ?
3 - Glam Rock/ Kiss-style Batman?
4 - Caveman Batman?
5 - Excalibat (from Dimensions)
6 - Duck Floaty Batman
7 - Chef Disguise Joker
8 - Harleen Quinzel (from Arkham set?)
9 - ?
10 - Barbara Gordon?
11 - Inmate Joker (from Arkham)
12 - Boxing Batman (from Batcave)
13 - ?
14 - Clock King
15 - Red Hood
16 - Orca?
17 - Eraser
18 - ?
19 - March Har(riet)
20 - Catman

Edited by rob-ot5000

Hang on a second, that CMF list was genuine? Can't say I saw that one coming *huh* I like most of the choices here (especially Chef Joker) but what still throws me off (and what led me to dismiss the leaked picture initially) was the amount of minifigs that appear in other sets. I dearly hope those are simply placeholders :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Perhaps it wasn't just a CMF list, but just a list of minifigures for the entire series, sets and CMF. That would clear things up a bit if it was true.

1 minute ago, Mr Greeble said:

Perhaps it wasn't just a CMF list, but just a list of minifigures for the entire series, sets and CMF. That would clear things up a bit if it was true.

Maybe, but then I wonder why it's comprised of EXACTLY 20 minifigs, just like the CMF series is said to include :purrr:

I have a different theory: maybe this was just an initial draft and they decided to swap some characters between the sets and the CMF, so perhaps Boxer Batman for instance switched places with an unknown Batsuit variant that is now in the finalised CMF series :sweet: That could explain why some characters are drawn while others are CGI; maybe they weren't designed by the same person (or at the same time) and that picture was the result of a brainstorming session. This is the first time EVER prelim pictures of a CMF series surfaced, so who knows how the design process works in comparison to regular sets :shrug_oh_well:

• 19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hang on a second, that CMF list was genuine? Can't say I saw that one coming *huh* I like most of the choices here (especially Chef Joker) but what still throws me off (and what led me to dismiss the leaked picture initially) was the amount of minifigs that appear in other sets. I dearly hope those are simply placeholders :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps Chef Joker is actually Joker's father, a famed pastry chef with a hereditary disease he passed onto his son? :laugh:

Well if that list is true. I can see them reuse the gingerbread man's head for the clock king. And i hope that the figs that appear in other sets will be replaced by equally wacky villains as the clock king and the human eraser. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe, but then I wonder why it's comprised of EXACTLY 20 minifigs, just like the CMF series is said to include :purrr:

I have a different theory: maybe this was just an initial draft and they decided to swap some characters between the sets and the CMF, so perhaps Boxer Batman for instance switched places with an unknown Batsuit variant that is now in the finalised CMF series :sweet: That could explain why some characters are drawn while others are CGI; maybe they weren't designed by the same person (or at the same time) and that picture was the result of a brainstorming session. This is the first time EVER prelim pictures of a CMF series surfaced, so who knows how the design process works in comparison to regular sets :shrug_oh_well:

Actually, back in 2010 there were preliminary pictures of series 2. And if you compare those with the final pics, you can see some things did change, but not the character selection. Those pics, however, where from a later step in the process, and they were actual prototypes. I still hope that we will get 6 exclusive batsuits in this series, much to my wallet's demise but to my Batman collection's delight.

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

So now that the image has been confirmed as legitimate, are we allowed to openly discuss it (even though we can't post it or link to it)? I'm going to assume so.

The only version of the image I've seen is extremely low-res and hard to make out. Has anyone been able to identify them all? Numbers 9, 13, and 18 are particularly puzzling for me...

1 - Tooth Fairy Batman
2 - ? 
3 - Glam Rock/ Kiss-style Batman?
4 - Caveman Batman?
5 - Excalibat (from Dimensions)
6 - Duck Floaty Batman
7 - Chef Disguise Joker
8 - Harleen Quinzel (from Arkham set?)
9 - ?
10 - Barbara Gordon?
11 - Inmate Joker (from Arkham)
12 - Boxing Batman (from Batcave)
13 - ?
14 - Clock King
15 - Red Hood
16 - Orca?
17 - Eraser
18 - ?
19 - March Har(riet)
20 - Catman

I think I found a higher quality image so I'll do my best to fill in the gaps... 

2 - looks like the cmf roman commander, but with the roman soldier sword (all in black, or core)

9 - Dick Grayson? They appear to be wearing a preliminary version of robin's glasses hairpiece. 

13 - I'll try to describe it best I can - skin color is  medium flesh (like this), wearing 87990 in brown, yellow googles printed on the face, bare arms, black hands, torso has yellow stripes and a brown circle in the middle, top half of legs are brown, bottom half of legs are yellow. 

18 - red cape, looks like kraven's new neck piece thing around the neck, a silver dome on the top of the head, torso is brwn with what looks like a sash acros the chest, over the legs ot looks like Dana's legs from the Ghostbusters ( on the right side you can see a part of the leg (it's silver) ) feet are bare 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dunno why people are saying this just now and piecing it together, but I said something along the lines of that a few pages back too. 

On 10/15/2016 at 3:49 PM, CM4Sci said:

Here is my stance on the alleged CMF picture:

I think it's real. I think that it's a very very early, in-house preliminary design shown exclusively to some people, which is why it has an old logo and figures that we've seen

Because it is unfinished and very early, some figures have changed since then. I think about 80% of these figures are in the actual series (the new ones) and the ones that we have seen already were originally going to be in the series, but have since then been put into other sets instead. 

Things like Excalibat's belt are not in LDD (yet) so I think they used some sort of advanced LDD to make some of the pictures while the rest at the time were only sketchups. Also, Red Hood looks like he uses Mr. Freeze's helmet (which I think is clever) so that's another reason why. 

So basically I think yes, it's legitimate, but at the time this was a super early, unfinished, private photo. 

My theory ^ in case anyone wants to see it

The list @rob-ot5000 in the pic is:

1. Pink Fairy Batman

2. Roman Legionnaire Batman

3. Glam Metal Batman

4. Cave Batman?

5. Excalibat

6. Vacation Batman

7. Chef Joker

8. Harleen Quinzel

9. Dick Greyson

10. Barbara Gordon

11. Arkham Joker

12. Boxing Bat

13. Tarantula

14. Clock King

15. Red Hood

16. Orca

17. Eraser Man

18. King Tut

19. March Harriet

20. Catman

18 minutes ago, LegoPercyJ said:

I think I found a higher quality image so I'll do my best to fill in the gaps... 

2 - looks like the cmf roman commander, but with the roman soldier sword (all in black, or core)

9 - Dick Grayson? They appear to be wearing a preliminary version of robin's glasses hairpiece. 

13 - I'll try to describe it best I can - skin color is  medium flesh (like this), wearing 87990 in brown, yellow googles printed on the face, bare arms, black hands, torso has yellow stripes and a brown circle in the middle, top half of legs are brown, bottom half of legs are yellow. 

18 - red cape, looks like kraven's new neck piece thing around the neck, a silver dome on the top of the head, torso is brwn with what looks like a sash acros the chest, over the legs ot looks like Dana's legs from the Ghostbusters ( on the right side you can see a part of the leg (it's silver) ) feet are bare 

9 is Dick Grayson. 18 is King tut, if you want reference look him up from the adam west batman show.

I'm so glad this list is confirmed I hope the swimming bat suit and inmate joker are not stand ins cause I want multiple of them.

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

• Perhaps Chef Joker is actually Joker's father, a famed pastry chef with a hereditary disease he passed onto his son? :laugh:

Somebody get this guy writing for DC!

41 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Dunno why people are saying this just now and piecing it together, but I said something along the lines of that a few pages back too. 

Sorry :blush: I haven't seen that post since I've only been skimming this thread lately, but now I'm back on track :classic: Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Perhaps Chef Joker is actually Joker's father, a famed pastry chef with a hereditary disease he passed onto his son? 

Or he's related to Chef Excellence :laugh_hard: (10 points to you if you get that reference)

B2T: King Tut, Clock King, Eraser Man and Catman? *huh* Can they get any more obscure than that? Not that I mind, I appreciate some lesser-known characters getting their spot in the limelight :wink:

Don't wanna play devil's advocate here, but I don't think minifigures that appear in other sets should be ruled out. The LEGO movie for example still had Emmet, Wildstyle and President Business. I don't know of they had any different facial expression or special accessory, but that could be the case here too. So if it didn't hold LEGO back in the past... Of course there are more duplicates this time around, but keep in mind there are also more minifigures in this series. Of course there could be some swapping between sets and blindbags, but that might not be the case for all of them.

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The LEGO movie for example still had Emmet, Wildstyle and President Business. I don't know of they had any different facial expression or special accessory, but that could be the case here too. 

Yeah, the CMF versions of Emmet, Wyldstyle, Business and Bad Cop all had unique facial expressions as well as different outfits and/or accessories. You're right, that may be the case in the LBM series as well, but some of those characters are very distinct and don't allow for much variation (especially Boxer Batsy and Excalibat) :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Don't wanna play devil's advocate here, but I don't think minifigures that appear in other sets should be ruled out. The LEGO movie for example still had Emmet, Wildstyle and President Business. I don't know of they had any different facial expression or special accessory, but that could be the case here too. So if it didn't hold LEGO back in the past... Of course there are more duplicates this time around, but keep in mind there are also more minifigures in this series. Of course there could be some swapping between sets and blindbags, but that might not be the case for all of them.

That is true but the lego movie cmf line had variants of characters. But I don't think they but a variant of tarantula with him being such an obscure character.  the inmate joker I can see them making because in the picture he has a different hair piece. The duplicate bat suits are probably stand ins because I don't think lego will take the chance of you getting a character that you have to pay more money for in another set, which is the case with Excalibur Bat.

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry :blush: I haven't seen that post since I've only been skimming this thread lately, but now I'm back on track :classic: Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup:

Or he's related to Chef Excellence :laugh_hard: (10 points to you if you get that reference)

B2T: King Tut, Clock King, Eraser Man and Catman? *huh* Can they get any more obscure than that? Not that I mind, I appreciate some lesser-known characters getting their spot in the limelight :wink:

Ashens! :laugh:

I don't think Clock King and Cayman are that obscure but that might just be me