Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Well I love the interior of this Arkham far more than the last one. :thumbup: This version has personality and far more play-ability--undoubtedly stylistically the old version looks better in general, but I think this version will be more fun to own. Where as the last version was basically about dumping off villains at the facility (with large cells and not much else), this version focuses on what those villains do after being dropped off. The visitors room, cafeteria, laundry room, recreational yard; all focus on living at Arkham and that greatly adds play-ability. Even the guards get more opportunities here from the walkways to the x-ray scanner and police car. 

Also "don't tap on glass" for the win! :laugh: 

There are simple ways to mod the interior of Arkham :wink: :

Put some stairs after the entrance door, extend the walkway to which the stairs would lead: voila, you now have an additional floor. On that floor you can put security stuff, a "check in" (which the old Arkham had), safe room for the staff (if the Joker should do his thing) etc. I would also put brown stairpieces on each side, leading to the prison cells, kitchen, gym. Put stuff (similar to the old Arkham) into the floor beneath & Harley could treat her patients, hide her stuff or whatever.

Oh & if you make two walls next to the nearest prison cell "loose", the prisoner could escape through his/her cell; the empty space with the conncetion technic piece; to the ground floor in the middle section.

I belive I'll buy this set just to mod it :laugh:

Honestly, I like the new Arkham better than the old and I loved the old one. It just feels superior to me. It just feels like more space and more going on inside. In addition to cells we have a cafeteria, a prison visitation area, spotlights, guard tower, X-ray machine, a balcony, two offices, a basketball area and a laundry room. That's a lot of stuff.

And the best part is the BTAS vibe this design has, especially with the glass cells, the laundry room (I'm remembering the episode where Harley get's stuck in a washing machine) and the recreation areas.

Personally I do agree that the older set had more of a classic Arkham vibe and I do miss that entrance guard station (surely that could have been added easily) but this set does feel a lot like BTAS Arkham and would work as an adjoining building to the old asylum set. 

Also am I the only one seeing that HD picture of Barbara and thinking with brown hair she would make a perfect Renee Montoya? Also that Penguin is just fantastic, I love having some variation and given the Penguin we already have is about as accurate as possible an alternate Batman Returns version is a more than welcome addition.

Also, a stupid nitpick but Ivy is holding melon in that picture but she doesn't eat XD

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Does anybody know what the little room is directly above the cafeteria? I couldn't work it out. 

I'm not sure what it's officially called but its where prisoners can talk to people on the other side through a phone.

1 hour ago, TakeaBrick said:

The arkham asylum set is an easy pass for me. With the lego movie, at least they got their biggest set metalbeard's sea cow (it is a beautiful set) for what it is worth. With the lego batman movie, are you telling me the biggest set you got is this arkham asylum set , which is in my opinion inferior to the old one a few years ago? LEGO, you surprised us all with the batmobile and the joker's car. But, now this...?

Who said this was the biggest set? We know there are more to come, plus probably another wave after the movie comes out.

1 minute ago, Peter22 said:

I thought it was a just a cell 

Nope, if you look in the center of that room you can see that the wall has a window and a gray phone.

Edited by strangely

Upon closer inspection of the two face minifigure, I love the burnt side of his face (except for the pink hair). It's a shame that the human side of his face looks more like Pablo Escobar than Harvey Dent/ A politician of sort. I think that it's the moustache that gets me. Also the two face side looks more like Kraang than two-face. And what is with the different coloured hands???

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Upon closer inspection of the two face minifigure, I love the burnt side of his face (except for the pink hair). It's a shame that the human side of his face looks more like Pablo Escobar than Harvey Dent/ A politician of sort. I think that it's the moustache that gets me. Also the two face side looks more like Kraang than two-face. And what is with the different coloured hands???

I think my issue is the two face side is just the skull and not purple flesh to match the hand. A white bone hand would better match the face. In my opinion two face is the weakest of the new villain minifigures. 

Also another nitpick but the asylum has 4 cells but 5 villains.

Edited by Nsk97

1 hour ago, Nsk97 said:

I think my issue is the two face side is just the skull and not purple flesh to match the hand. A white bone hand would better match the face. In my opinion two face is the weakest of the new villain minifigures. 

Also another nitpick but the asylum has 5 cells but 6 villains.

5 villains. Dr. Harleen Quinzel is not a villain. She is a psychiatric.

I love new Arkham Asylum and playability od this set, 5 villains, ale and so many minifigures! Only minus is that villains are in prison suits... and the price. The Batcave is awesome too, everything is really good, but i don't like the duck nad the batcomputer, Dimensions computer is a way better. And 100$ set, nad only one villain? If there was a Catwoman or Poison Ivy or maybe Riddler it would be awesome. Like it needs one or two more villains. I really don't like the Mr. Eterze set, it's like random piece od wall, ice cube and mech armor and for me Mr. Freeze looks... bad. That's all for me.

Does anyone know what the build on the the right of the Batcave is? My guess is either an entrance or a special place to display the black batsuit. 

6 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Does anyone know what the build on the the right of the Batcave is? My guess is either an entrance or a special place to display the black batsuit. 

Undoubtedly a Bruce Wayne to Batman suit change function. 

Just now, Captain Nemo said:

Undoubtedly a Bruce Wayne to Batman suit change function. 

Okay, that makes sense. I was counting potential spots for suit display and was trying to figure out what it is. With the three suit on the rack and having the normal batsuit in the changing area there will be 4 extra slots for suits.

Does it bother anyone else that an Asylum that comes with five inmates only has four cells?

Haven't gotten a chance to comment on any of the sets yet.  The sets look alright for what they are, they just seem to be aimed at a younger audience than past versions have been. As for the figures, some of them look great while the others are goofy with some really weird design choices (why does Riddler have green hands?!) I'll probably just pick up the figures I don't already own characterwise (Aaron Cash is a must have) and maybe some of the pieces off the others to improve the ones I currently own.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

And what is with the different coloured hands???

Well he has at least 22 hands, so there's going to be some variation.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

5 villains. Dr. Harleen Quinzel is not a villain. She is a psychiatric.

Oops meant 5 villains, 4 cells. 

18 minutes ago, psqidexslizer248 said:

Does it bother anyone else that an Asylum that comes with five inmates only has four cells?

Yeah I mentioned that before, it is frustrating. I think that's why when it was revealed the Joker was shown off to the side either Batman and Robin as if he had just been arrested/escaped.

Dang, Two-Face is melted down to the bone! That's a variation I'm surprised we've never seen before.

Penguin looks so cool! The wicked grin, the sharp teeth, the oversized hat and unnatural skin tone, all of it is really cool.

I love that Dr. Quinzel has an argyle shirt. That's such a clever reference to her diamond motif. 

Okay, haven't posted in this topic yet 'cause both the movie and, at first, the sets seemed far from interesting to me.

However, the Arkham Asylum and Batcave set seem to have a LOT of potential, minifig-wise. And build-wise too, especially regarding Arkham Asylum.

My favorite parts are Alfred's balding head piece and Bruce's hair piece :wub:

Thanks for posting these vids, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

The newly revealed sets look nice.  Lots of interesting pieces, like the umbrella, bowties, utility belts, and hair pieces.  I love the alternate Batsuits.