Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

So excited for the new sets! I hope the new Arkham is amazing. And the new Poison Ivy looks great! I love her gloves on her arms. The new figures will be awesome, but I'm not happy with the prices. That Batmobile does not look like it's worth $60. And the Joker's car looks like a $30 set but it's $50?? I hope the other sets are better priced.

So excited for the new sets! I hope the new Arkham is amazing. And the new Poison Ivy looks great! I love her gloves on her arms. The new figures will be awesome, but I'm not happy with the prices. That Batmobile does not look like it's worth $60. And the Joker's car looks like a $30 set but it's $50?? I hope the other sets are better priced.

Given the prices it seems odd that both sets just have one build and not one for the hero(es) and one for the villains.

Maybe the prices are so high so they can discount them later??? (wishful thinking)

So far the two sets look great, but I agree on the too high of prices. I guess I will have to wait for sales or weigh my options on other sets next year.

Batman is my favorite crimefighter, so these sets will be must have even if the movie is terrible.

It is going to be a very expensive year it seems...

Maybe the prices are so high so they can discount them later??? (wishful thinking)

So far the two sets look great, but I agree on the too high of prices. I guess I will have to wait for sales or weigh my options on other sets next year.

Batman is my favorite crimefighter, so these sets will be must have even if the movie is terrible.

It is going to be a very expensive year it seems...

I concur wholeheartedly... a very expensive year indeed. I can sometimes overlook certain sets but with an entire wave dedicated to Bats it's impossible. I'm half hoping that the SW theme doesn't have very much OT content next year.

I concur wholeheartedly... a very expensive year indeed. I can sometimes overlook certain sets but with an entire wave dedicated to Bats it's impossible. I'm half hoping that the SW theme doesn't have very much OT content next year.

Maybe SW will have another lousy year next year like they have this year? :D

I'm kidding, none of us want that.

But this theme will make us all broke.

While I like that Lego did something unique with Batman's utility belt, I'd probably leave it off his minifigure( 2014 torso has this printing, and I doubt Lego removed this print from the torso). These accessories are undoubtedly cool, but they don't fell like Lego to me. But after seeing it in hands I might change my opinion.

They did remove the belt printing.

Why on earth... *exhales* :facepalm::wall:

Thats so unnecessary. Just have the belt piece cover the print.

For crying out loud Chima masks/headpieces had printed heads underneath and yet they couldn't do something similar for this.

Edited by Legocity2713

Why on earth... *exhales* :facepalm::wall:

Thats so unnecessary. Just have the belt piece cover the print.

For crying out loud Chima masks/headpieces had printed heads underneath and yet they couldn't do something similar for this.

The physical piece would have had to be much taller to cover the print, which probably would not have looked quite as good. Not to mention the previous black-suited Batman was very much the "Jack Sparrow"of the line with such heavy use, so any variety is welcome by me.

Well, if they left the belt printed on his torso, they would have just kept this torso for him:

http://img.brickowl.com/files/image_cache/larger/lego-batman-with-black-suit-original-cowl-minifigure-30.jpg

That would have been very disappointing. I'm happy about the new torso and belt piece, it's something completely new.

Edited by amazingbricks

That seemed a given. Surprised other people are surprised by this. I like the belt pieces, personally.

Just one build... maybe they're not showing the side builds. I mean, the BvS Batmobile was initially revealed without the forklift thingy. And maybe they're not, everyone thought the Lonely Mountain set was missing a section when pics first came out... only to be sorely disappointed when no such assembly surfaced. So it could be either one... the LEGO Movie sets were all extremely dense parts-wise, though, so these are probably similarly built.

Ok I've looked over the character information confirmed or alluded to by either Delta/Captain Unicorn, Catanas and TLG. Here are (I think all those characters). Forgive me if I've got any wrong

Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred

Barbara Gordon, Aaron Cash, Mayor Grange, Harleen Quinzel

Joker, Mister Freeze, Harley, Ivy, Penguin, Man-Bat, Riddler, Clayface (brick-built), Croc (Big-Fig), Catwoman, Catman, Kubuki Twins, Two-Face, Tarantula, Kite-Man, Zebra Man, Calendar Man, Scarecrow (in alternate Dr Crane outfit),Gentleman Ghost (assumed), Eraser (assumed), a Wonderland type villain (the tweedles or White Rabbit? Assumed), Orca (big-fig, assumed)

Bane will appear but not in this wave

Does that seem about right?

Edited by Duncan Young

Ok I've looked over the character information confirmed or alluded to by either Delta/Captain Unicorn, Catanas and TLG. Here are (I think all those characters). Forgive me if I've got any wrong

Joker, Mister Freeze, Harley, Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, Clayface (brick-built), Croc (Big-Fig), Catwoman, Catman, Two-Face, Tarantula, Kite-Man, Zebra Man, Calendar Man, Scarecrow (in alternate Dr Crane outfit),Gentleman Ghost (assumed), Eraser (assumed), a Wonderland type villain (the tweedles or White Rabbit? Assumed), Orca (big-fig, assumed)

Absolutely correct !

The negative of removing the print, does that mean they removed Batgirl's print also for the belt? Because with her being OVERly printed, it would be a shame to remove something important like that. I much prefer printed torsos for accessories like that and then also include the belt for other customized reasons.

The negative of removing the print, does that mean they removed Batgirl's print also for the belt? Because with her being OVERly printed, it would be a shame to remove something important like that. I much prefer printed torsos for accessories like that and then also include the belt for other customized reasons.

See any belt printing? :tongue:

eLoA3wh.png

It's funny that we're getting so many characters that the Penguin (Who used to be a very active in-depth Batman lover) had to design himself because why would Lego make such unknown characters?

It's funny that we're getting so many characters that the Penguin (Who used to be a very active in-depth Batman lover) had to design himself because why would Lego make such unknown characters?

I miss that guy, wish he'd come back! I bet he'd love all of this.

Joker, Mister Freeze, Harley, Ivy, Penguin, Man-Bat, Riddler, Clayface (brick-built), Croc (Big-Fig), Catwoman, Catman, Kubuki Twins, Two-Face, Tarantula, Kite-Man, Zebra Man, Calendar Man, Scarecrow (in alternate Dr Crane outfit),Gentleman Ghost (assumed), Eraser (assumed), a Wonderland type villain (the tweedles or White Rabbit? Assumed), Orca (big-fig, assumed)

Also, I know I have seen any sets or anything, but they did have that Commissioner Gordon figure at SDCC on the screen among others. I'd be shocked if they'd omit such an important character that the already have a design for. It looked very much like this version:

https://s-media-cach...4c12b6a8e67.jpg (Sorry its been a while since I've embedded a link on this site.)

I know this isn't anything new, really, but here's the pics I took of the two sets they showed off:

https://flic.kr/p/KcEZzU

https://flic.kr/p/KvncWh

https://flic.kr/p/KBVCNq

https://flic.kr/p/KzU3p9

https://flic.kr/p/KvNFuT

https://flic.kr/p/KvNEhT