Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Holy twintails! Its a dual drill! Sadistic roller Harley inbound. :wub:

That Joker-hopper-mobile is anything but serious: Royal purple, lime green ragtop, gold accents, plating, side pipes and rims and chicken! Run flats, zebra stripe upholstery, bicycle horn, it has it all. This reminds me of the boss limo from the Space Police III theme. Completely random yet total awesome non the less. I will definitely be getting one.

The Joker looks to have white printed cuffs on a yellow shirt. Hes always been one fashionable fellow.

The Batmobile fits Bruce's ego to a T. "The Speedwagon." It screams hotrod while being adorned with luxury styling. Classic roadster powerhouse meets Baja off-roader trimmed in luxury coupe. I am not sure what I feel about Robin yet. I will need to see a trailer of him. (He gives me geeky teenager vibes)

I wonder what else they have in store? **Awaits movie with eager anticipation.**

3D LEGO

Edited by 3D LEGO

Not sure if this was mentioned, but everyone seems to be referring to this Robin as a "he". I believe this Robin is a "She", the Carrie Kelley character.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but everyone seems to be referring to this Robin as a "he". I believe this Robin is a "She", the Carrie Kelley character.

If I had a nickel for every time I had seen this comment this week I'd have enough to buy 10 copies of each of the new set.

It's DICK GRAYSON voiced by MICHAEL CERA.

:tongue: :tongue:

If I had a nickel for every time I had seen this comment this week I'd have enough to buy 10 copies of each of the new set.

Well, the figure looks like it will be a perfect version of Carrie Kelley from the Dark Knight Returns from the hair, goggles and girl shorts even if it's Dick Grayson.

I told myself I wasn't going to get into the LBM stuff because it wouldn't be as exciting, as most of it would likely be rehashed stuff.

I was wrong

And now I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to hold back, as both of those cars are absolutely stunning!

I love how the announcement of Michael Cera specifically being the VO for Robin made national news, yet so many people are oblivious. Despite the character's androgynous appearance, Lego always specifically (unless they use a classic smiley head) makes their female characters look female (typically represented with eyelashes at the minimum).

Well, the figure looks like it will be a perfect version of Carrie Kelley from the Dark Knight Returns from the hair, goggles and girl shorts even if it's Dick Grayson.

It's most likely a combination of Robins gone by. Take the goggles from Carrie Kelley, add the pants from the 60's as well as some cues from other Robins and voila.

Edited by Penkid11

Kabuki Twins wow i did not expect them but if we are getting them i wouldn't doubt on getting Polka Dot man, Condiment King, Firefly, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Electrocutioner, Lady Shiva, Copperhead. Now the villain i want to see in a set is a new Mr.Freeze minifigure, well you can see him in the back right corner in the second trailer, so I hope they give him red googles on his eyes this time.

Damn. $50 for the Lowrider, that is outrageous. I do not see 433 pieces in that set. If anything I will be picking it up for 20-40% off... The price for the Batmobile I think is priced right. They maybe could have put it at $50 but we all know it will be on sale for $50 at some point.

Edited by Lego Matt 809

Damn. $50 for the Lowrider, that is outrageous. I do not see 433 pieces in that set. If anything I will be picking it up for 20-40% off...

you're kidding right? $50? please tell me you're joking right? :look:

Kabuki Twins wow i did not expect them but if we are getting them i wouldn't doubt on getting Polka Dot man, Condiment King, Firefly, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Electrocutioner, Lady Shiva, Copperhead. Now the villain i want to see in a set is a new Mr.Freeze minifigure, well you can see him in the back right corner in the second trailer, so I hope they give him red googles on his eyes this time.

Probably Venquilitrist and Scarface as well. They've been recurring adversaries in both Batman: The Animated Series and The Batman.

If only we could Penny Plunderer as well.

Probably Venquilitrist and Scarface as well. They've been recurring adversaries in both Batman: The Animated Series and The Batman.

If only we could Penny Plunderer as well.

oh yeah i forgot them also we forgot Hush and Solomon Grundy!

Is there a Batman villain called Condiment King??

You have got to be kidding me!

First $60 for that Hulk set, now $50 over here for the Joker's Hot-Rod? That's ridiculous. I may just be getting the figures for that price, what a rip-off.

yep same with me i will brick link the figures if they are exclusive, but i have a feeling Joker and Batgirl will not be exclusive to that set though since they are main characters in the movie.

Is there a Batman villain called Condiment King??

You have got to be kidding me!

yep its true i think he was in Batman the animated series but i don't remember?!

I'm really wouldn't be surprised at Condiment King :grin:

But also I really really want Electrocutioner. He was really funny in Arkham Origins, plus his name! Its like the coolest name ever!

If we get Penny Plunderer can it be in the Batcave set (if we get one) and it have the huge penny.

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

I don't know, I kind of feel $50 makes sense. We have three minifigures, each with dual molding, arm and leg printing, new molds and special accessories and that doesn't include all the new parts and colors in the build. So I can understand the price.

Also this Carrie Kelly confusion is getting annoying. Carrie Kelly wears rectangular glasses, not round goggles. Her hair is orange, not brown. Her costume is the same as the 60s Robin. This is Not Carrie Kelly! Literally this is just 60s Robin with brown hair and goggles.

Edited by strangely

I like the Lowrider set a lot.

I think the Speedwagon is definitely a worse design than the Batmobile in The LEGO Movie, but Batman always takes a few steps backwards in each installment of a series, right? It can be considered a parody.

I wonder if we'll get other obscure villains like the Clock King. I remember seeing an animated Batman TV show with a dude called Clock King. He was weird. I enjoyed it.

So Harley's shirt reads "Smylex", which would be a reference to the beauty product the Joker spreads about Gotham during the 1989 Batman movie.

Joker and Harley look amazing, as does Batgirl, but there seems to be another variant of the Joker. The one from the promo images of the movie shows him dangling off the side of the Lowrider with a purple coat with looooong tail coats trailing behind him. I'm curious if we'll see that version.

636045476646887585-LGB-CC-0002.jpg

Also, the Lowrider set seems to match the movie's model to a tee. :excited:

Does anyone else feel Joker will start off pretty traditional and it be only after Batman shuns him that he goes all manic, possible drawing on his minifigure head?

The Batgirl fig reminds me of the DCYou change to her costume, which I kinda hate but getting Batarangs and cape in yellow is a plus, and now we get Harley from her N52 run so that's pretty cool, just not really sold on how her hair cut off in the photo